Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It wasn’t for running LFR... it was because they figured out you could trade loot to players who were already loot locked so they made sure everyone got their 4 piece bonus.

Ban that ended the age of Paragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it!!! And Blizz sat there saying nothing for a couple days while the exploit was an open secret, then everyone started doing it, THEN they banned tons of guilds.
    This is one of those things where the game was working as intended and Blizzard just said... ooops, we messed up, sorry you were doing this and thought it was legit because the game was working as programmed but... BANNED.

We used to stack Dragon Soul LFR’s with classes, armor types and token sharing classes. Then... personal loot and coin rolls ended those good times.

I think we got 10 guildies 4 piece farmed inside of 3 weeks and even one or two week one. As bad as Dragon Soul was/is, it sure was easy to get people geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I just want to know why they crawl back into the woodwork instead of trying to defend themselves :/

We aren't, you're avoiding the point. You can't do it, very few people can do it outside of the top .01%
    So it's a pointless discussion.

This is what's happening.
    1. You make an invalid baseless point
    2. People correct you.
    3. You reassert your invalid baseless point
    4. People decide not to argue with a stubborn person.
    5. You get mad at them.

"20 people on all of planet earth did it, must be easy"

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    We aren't, you're avoiding the point. You can't do it, very few people can do it outside of the top .01%
    So it's a pointless discussion.

This is what's happening.
    1. You make an invalid baseless point
    2. People correct you.
    3. You reassert your invalid baseless point
    4. People decide not to argue with a stubborn person.
    5. You get mad at them.

"20 people on all of planet earth did it, must be easy"
    I just don’t understand why these inept mongrels get on here, say “wait until Mythic releases” and then say nothing when Mythic gets cleared nearly as fast as HC. If I didn’t have a point, people wouldn’t say “wait until Mythic releases” in the first place.

I think it has a lot to do with the majority of them being white knights, and just can’t accept the fate that Blizzard has not a clue as to what they’re doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Have you cleared it yet?
    Not even remotely the point, but hey resort to ad hominem.

There are two types of guilds in world of warcraft. The actual ones that get top 20 or so first few weeks/month and then you the rest of the garbage that pretend to be good. The raids are never harder than you make them but a "normal" person might not have 12+ hours every day for X amount of attempts on a raid boss. That's what makes a "raid" hard for some guilds or rather "most" guilds because they're not bashing their head against the wall for that long. Eventually they'll start to outgear it and it becomes doable by design just by playing the game. Don't get me started on the people who pug raids... that's just sad and borderline pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Not even remotely the point, but hey resort to ad hominem.
    It is the point, the people clearing World Firsts are so far removed from the average player - and even worlds above "great" players - that how fast something gets cleared by them is entirely irrelevant for 99.99999% of the playerbase and has absolutely no impact on anyone else's gameplay.

Historically, bosses have always been knocked over quickly unless there was a specific cockblock from overtuning. Uldir was slower because Fetid Devourer was almost mathematically impossible, and required OBSCENE numbers and a shitload of brute-forcing to get through, then Zul was tuned heavy, then G'huun required hardcore raid stacking. Without the Fetid block, Uldir would have been cleared at a speed on par with how BoD is shaping up.

If World First guilds get stuck on overtuned fights, how is that supposed to be done by the rest of the playerbase? Fights being cleared simply means that they are DOABLE by everyone else in the world.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Why would they do that? :L
    Stay Alliance or switch back to Horde? No idea for either of those things.

I think it would be funny if they had stayed Alliance because the charts would have one blue name above 4 red. Also "[This game is bad] world first mythic dazar'alor" being a legacy is a hilarious thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'd love to see Blizzard drop a raid of this scale onto the game with no PTR. But with the way Blizzard is these days, it would be a bugfest of Biblical proportions, but still, let's see how good Limit is without months of being able to get the right characters, right talents, and cheese the best gear possible before entering the raid.
    The segment relating to this aspect goes from 13:42 to 14:22, explaining why Blizzard has not taken that approach since Blackwing Lair. (I can't adjust the player size, so I'm leaving it as a regular link.)

Blizzcon 2005 Warcraft Raid Design

Edit: To also clarify, this is not the first world race I've kept track of. I simply find this situation to be unusual.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2019-01-31 at 07:15 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Why would they do that? :L
    They need all the help they can get LUL might pay off tho. I can already see the $$$ in Blizzards eyes.

Mekka must really be a huge wall indeed, gratz to Limit, they probably found the right way to do it fast, all the other NA guilds that were at 6/9 yesterday are still at 6/9 as of now.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn.. was hoping this would last longer but.. go Limit nonetheless

I'm confused as to why people think blizzard is getting an extra $9k because of this. Were those people not going to buy a token anyway? They didn't just see that Limit was on the market for tokens and go "Oh boy I've gotta go buy one!", no they needed the gold so they bought one.

If limit did anything they increased the price of tokens a little bit because they purchased so many in a short time frame.

I watched a bit of Methods stream last night and they were having a really hard time on the 7th boss. I wouldn't say that gear was the big problem, execution was.

Was it Paragon back in the day that spent way too much time on the one boss?, but couldn't or wouldn't change their strat, so just banged their heads against a brick wall.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are still interested by this?

Since they can train on the PTR there is absolutely no point at all....

It was much better when everybody discovered the bosses at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    People are still interested by this?

Since they can train on the PTR there is absolutely no point at all....

It was much better when everybody discovered the bosses at the same time.
    They are discovering the bosses at the same time... on PTR. AFAIK fights are hardly complete or tuned right on PTR (do they even release mythic fights on PTR?), so it's not like the top guilds are just walking into the raid to recreate what they've already done on PTR. PTR fights only give them an impression of what the fight is going to be like on actual mythic difficulty on live, so they can SOMEWHAT prepare. If there was no point and they already knew the fights beforehand, the new raids would be getting cleared on the first day, every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.