Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Holy shiet this forum has alot of crying kids.
    Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth reading all this toxic shit by people who seem to hate hate hate everything.

Tragic people:/

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Holy shiet this forum has alot of crying kids.
    Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth reading all this toxic shit by people who seem to hate hate hate everything.

Tragic people:/
    And they have plenty of reason to. You're the problem. The naysayer that's not realizing they're sitting in a burning house sipping tea while thinking everything's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Okay, so, just don't buy the mount.
    oKaY, sO, jUsT dOn'T bUy tHe mOuNt

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If I were Blizzard I'd put up a post how due to too much negative feedback there will be no new mounts ever again. No pleasing some people.
    MMO-Champ is a small % of their playerbase, or actually 0,00001% because most of the posters don't even play... The most players who are playing like this game.

Never thought the day would come when there would be flying pigs added to WoW. Well played, now that pigs can fly, anything is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post

They only make them because people are not buying the subscription anymore. It's getting more and more evident that wow is turning into a pay to play game. It probably sells, but not as good as a subscription game does.
    Paying for your subscription with gold (if that’s what you’re talking about) generates more money for Blizz than just subscribing because the tokens you buy with gold were bought with real money - more real money than straight up subscribing costs. Blizz is still making a huge profit off WoW, selling unique shop mounts is just more money for the sake of more money. It isn’t a necessity to keep the game going by any means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    MMO-Champ is a small % of their playerbase, or actually 0,00001% because most of the posters don't even play... The most players who are playing like this game.
    Patently false and just hand-waving. I mean really, we just had one of the top guilds change their name to “this game is bad” but you’re going to try to claim that people unhappy with BFA aren’t playing and the majority is happy?

Go into trade chat and ask if everyone is happy with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Paying for your subscription with gold (if that’s what you’re talking about) generates more money for Blizz than just subscribing because the tokens you buy with gold were bought with real money - more real money than straight up subscribing costs. Blizz is still making a huge profit off WoW, selling unique shop mounts is just more money for the sake of more money. It isn’t a necessity to keep the game going by any means.

- - - Updated - - -

Patently false and just hand-waving. I mean really, we just had one of the top guilds change their name to “this game is bad” but you’re going to try to claim that people unhappy with BFA aren’t playing and the majority is happy?

Right, and people keep playing a game that they don't like? Ask this question honestly to yourself, the most players are working and are busy. You really think that the mainbase of players spend their precious time on a game what they don't like? Maybe if you are 16 and have a lot of time to waste, it is not like in Vanilla where people in general were a lot younger than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    But then people bitch endlessly about reusing old content and how lazy it is.
    well ok, maybe you can call it "lazy" if they put questlines, stories and mounts in old content. But atleast then Blizzard gets to utilize the world they have created so far. Instead of having to create a whole new xpac, a new zone and much more were they put in mounts.

Its alot lezz lazy than just smack it up on the store.

BTW - you were probably ironic with your comment, but I desided to answer anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    And they have plenty of reason to. You're the problem. The naysayer that's not realizing they're sitting in a burning house sipping tea while thinking everything's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

oKaY, sO, jUsT dOn'T bUy tHe mOuNt
    Toxic community?! Case in point right here..

We are literally paying them to sell us stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    Right, and people keep playing a game that they don't like? Ask this question honestly to yourself, the most players are working and are busy. You really think that the mainbase of players spend their precious time on a game what they don't like? Maybe if you are 16 and have a lot of time to waste, it is not like in Vanilla where people in general were a lot younger than they are now.
    They absolutely are. You’ve made the claim that everyone who complains is unsubbed. Have you looked at the official forums? Almost entirely complaining. You have to be subscribed to post there. Saying everyone is enjoying the game and only unsubscribed people are upset is demonstrably false. The argument “well people are older now so only 16yos who have lots of free time are upset by the game and still subscribed” is frankly absurd.

Again, go onto trade chat in game and ask. Go onto the official forums and browse for all of 5 minutes.

They absolutely are. You’ve made the claim that everyone who complains is unsubbed. Have you looked at the official forums? Almost entirely complaining. You have to be subscribed to post there. Saying everyone is enjoying the game and only unsubscribed people are upset is demonstrably false. The argument “well people are older now so only 16yos who have lots of free time are upset by the game and still subscribed” is frankly absurd.

Again, go onto trade chat in game and ask. Go onto the official forums and browse for all of 5 minutes.
    The reason why I said that the ones who are complaining are unsubbed is that it goes beyond my imagination that people are still subscribed and complaining at the same time. It was a sarcastic post because I know perfectly well that people who complain here are still subscribed to the game what they clearly don't like.

Besides that a lot of players are not present on forums like this or their official forums.

Now this post sounds weird aswell. You get my point, I don't fucking understand complainers who are playing this game and they are ruining a fanwebsite like mmo champion.
    Last edited by PlazaPlaza; 2019-01-31 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm sorry, but which part of the store screams pay to win?

Everyone on this dammed site keeps throwing that term around and I literally think you all have 0 fucking idea what it actually means. There isn't one single item or service on that store that counts as a pay to win feature. Pay to skip content, pay to sit on a pretty (Or in this case on ugly arse) mount, pay for convenience but not a pay to win
    Before you go slamming people into the ground for being a stupid ass, perhaps you need to read properly what they said. When did he actually mention anything about pay to win? And if you want to be a smart ass here, technically, being able to buy gold through the store IS what you would call a 'win feature' because it gives you an advantage over someone who does not. Whether you agree with gold being pay to win is irrelevant as that would be your personal opinion while I am purely interested in the definition of the word.

Additionally, he certainly has a valid point how this game relies more and more on micro-transactions to offset all the players unsubbing. It's disgusting really and these practices don't have any place in a buy-to-play+subscription based game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    ...but the rest of Wow makes sense to you right?
    Indeed it does
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Greed at its finest

Lmao, we cant fix our shitty expansion but here's a cash shop mount!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I'm enjoying these comments more than I would be enjoying WoW if i were still be subbed.
    It's funny because it's true. And that somehow makes me sad at the same time. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    I'm getting this one, because it's fun.

New main mount for my goblin, that's for sure. xD
    Right? This mount looks hilarious and fun. I'm going to buy it. My Panda will love it!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad3060 View Post
    The Hogrus Heresy has come to WOW, at last.
    the chaos gods will see you pay for this pun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Right? This mount looks hilarious and fun. I'm going to buy it. My Panda will love it!
    This is how the boar mounts should've been running!

Looks a lot more like the old boars. :>

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they are bought with real money. All mounts are also sold directly to customers via credit cards. But do you have any evidence for your claim that blizzard is making a huge profit on wow? They stopped revealing subscriber numbers when it went downhill badly. I suppose investors in Activision Blizzard are more concerned about the overall picture than for a single old game like wow, but my guess would be that wow is not making more money now than it used to 5-8 years ago. Collectors are only a small margin of people, I doubt they make up for the subscriber loss even if they spend a lot money on vanity items. WoW is not built like <insert pay to play smart phone game here> so it can't work on solely sell mounts and stuff. And why did they announce they were removing mounts from the store if it was not a bait? If it was selling anyway they wouldn't need to do stuff like that. That's a last resort business move for sinking ships.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2019-01-31 at 10:37 PM.