Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    If only there was an event you could tie this to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Of course they are bought with real money. All mounts are also sold directly to customers via credit cards. But do you have any evidence for your claim that blizzard is making a huge profit on wow? They stopped revealing subscriber numbers when it went downhill badly. I suppose investors in Activision Blizzard are more concerned about the overall picture than for a single old game like wow, but my guess would be that wow is not making more money now than it used to 5-8 years ago. Collectors are only a small margin of people, I doubt they make up for the subscriber loss even if they spend a lot money on vanity items. WoW is not built like <insert pay to play smart phone game here> so it can't work on solely sell mounts and stuff. And why did they announce they were removing mounts from the store if it was not a bait? If it was selling anyway they wouldn't need to do stuff like that. That's a last resort business move for sinking ships.
    Dude, https://investor.activision.com/stat...b-42ea074b896f
    WoW is the main money earner of Blizzard.

The funny thing? If they had tied it to Chinese new year's with a short quest line, the comments most certainly would be filled with "Pandering to the Chinese because it's failing in the US", "Welfare Item to buy back subscribers" and "Everyone can get it so it sucks!"

I don't like this company anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish they changed the other boar mount animations so they ran more like this and all the other boars in game. The sped up walk still looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Before you go slamming people into the ground for being a stupid ass, perhaps you need to read properly what they said. When did he actually mention anything about pay to win? And if you want to be a smart ass here, technically, being able to buy gold through the store IS what you would call a 'win feature' because it gives you an advantage over someone who does not. Whether you agree with gold being pay to win is irrelevant as that would be your personal opinion while I am purely interested in the definition of the word.

Additionally, he certainly has a valid point how this game relies more and more on micro-transactions to offset all the players unsubbing. It's disgusting really and these practices don't have any place in a buy-to-play+subscription based game.
    One, I didn't call anyone stupid. Clueless indicated? Maybe.

If you were buying a large amount of gold from the store; as in 1 token being worth loads. You might have something to back to you up. But last I saw it was 178k. you can score an easy 70k just from leveling a single new toon from 0-120, let alone any end game grinding / crating / drop. Like I said it's pay for convenience. You're only speeding up a natural process. Ignoring all of that, buying gold has always been a thing, so by your logic people could P2W in vanilla.

I didn't once even acknowledge his argument about store items for £ or balancing the unsubs, let alone disagree with it. So no idea why you're throwing that there.

Anyways like you said personal opinion. You're entitled to one, it might be wrong, but you're still entitled to it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    All evidence points to the contrary. WoW is making more money per person than ever with new mounts, WoW tokens and higher prices for server transfers and stuff but the WoW team is getting reduced because of mobile games and shit. More money just means more money for blizzard.
    Got any source for devs being reduced? I haven’t heard of that at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurigosh View Post
    well that's a no from me, but thanks activision blizzard. I just bought resident evil 2 (a FULL triple A game) for about 40 bucks. I am thinking of buying subnautica below zero for about 10 dollars (a incredibly good indie game that offers multiple hours of enjoyment that is CHEAPER than a single mount that offers nothing).

honestly, the situation with the people that waste good money on these mounts is just natural selection at this point, they will be preyed upon by greedy corporations, if it wasn't activision blizzard, it would be somebody else. You may think "ahhh it's just 25 bucks" or whatever, but it is just stupid either way. Supreme has that same "dumb people item" vibe to it, only for kids that are richer.

now, for the people who say "it doesnt impact the game": yea it does, blizzard could have made a interesting questline to unlock this mount INGAME, as a bonus event or something like that. You are already playing 15 bucks EVERY month, plus the expansion price. have some pride and stop bending over for blizzard for christ sakes. But alas, i guess it's useless to try and argue with brick, thick walls.
    Well I get the point your trying to make it’s a bit flawed. You bought resident evil 2 a remake of a game that is already available for cheaper but is a bit uglier. So you pretty much bought a cosmetic version of resident evil 2 while at the same time telling people they shouldn’t buy cosmetics. So you would fall into your own pit of natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah. It was designed for China to rope them into a 6 month sub cycle.

This game is a joke.

Pretty apt mount though as the current design team at Blizzard are a bunch of pigs.
    They are rolling like pigs as well with that sweet sweet $$$$$$.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wings are lame and uncreative. Just make it fly on a path of stardust or something.

Also could have easily been a reward to motivate lunar festival coin grinding, but of course it is yet another overpriced mount in a subscription based game.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone at Blizzard missed a golden opportunity. "A Swine of Good Fortune." (⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The wings are lame and uncreative. Just make it fly on a path of stardust or something.

Also could have easily been a reward to motivate lunar festival coin grinding, but of course it is yet another overpriced mount in a subscription based game.
    i dont think you know much about chinese culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    All evidence points to the contrary. WoW is making more money per person than ever with new mounts, WoW tokens and higher prices for server transfers and stuff but the WoW team is getting reduced because of mobile games and shit. More money just means more money for blizzard.
    any soiurce on that? any? i have yet to see any source on "wow team getting reduced because of mobile games"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    "Do not like it - do not buy it"
    "It has no in game inpact"
    "I am resubbing coz this mount"

Current WoW community makes me really sad.
    so because
    1. true
    2. true
    3. someone enjoys the game

you are sad?
    people are quitting over "1% nerf to this spell" so a flying adorable pig getting added to the game that anyone can get if they want...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I wish they changed the other boar mount animations so they ran more like this and all the other boars in game. The sped up walk still looks stupid.
    Well those are boars
    this is a pig
    they are very much different specieis.
    especially the pig we see here (dommesicated, breeded, food pig) and wild boars bred and grown to be power houses and brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    The funny thing? If they had tied it to Chinese new year's with a short quest line, the comments most certainly would be filled with "Pandering to the Chinese because it's failing in the US", "Welfare Item to buy back subscribers" and "Everyone can get it so it sucks!"
    yeah... this is the third year blizz has done this for china, its a chinese thing they do for them, so to give the rest of the world the thing for free would be kinda bullshit.

so its either we can buy it, or we literally cannot get it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    This is how the boar mounts should've been running!

Looks a lot more like the old boars. :>
    pigs and boars are very different creatures though... so them running the same is not super accurate. glad they dont.

quick fact for you lot, boars and pigs are VERY interesting creatures, minor alterations can VERY quickly change entire things about them.
    Vietnamese pot bellies if released out into the wild in matter of months to grow large tusks, become very aggressive, and grow thick coats of fur.

and on the other end wild boars if castrated will lose their shield and actually become almost feminine over the next while (cant remember how long, i think a few months?), making them better hunting targets and their meat better tasting, their shields shrink making them much more chubby and also alot less agressive and chargy, also easier targets.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-02-04 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don’t see the problem or why are people shocked by it. Did you know that blizz were selling shop mounts since wrath? Were you sleeping under a rock or something?
    Its kind of a meme now to tear in to them for literally anything. They could mail every player a $100 bill and the usual suspects would immediately start threads about how they werent crisp enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think you know much about chinese culture.
    I don't, do pigs use wings to fly there?

Once i've seen it i decided i had to have it. Farmed a couple tokens and got it
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't, do pigs use wings to fly there?
    They either love to have things that should have wings not have them, or things that shouldn't, do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They either love to have things that should have wings not have them, or things that shouldn't, do.
    I've never been a fan of wings slapped on stuff, regardless of real life traditions. It is one of the reasons why I don't really like Invincible and I always use Headless Horseman's (and also because of less screen cluttering).