Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Oh people still think raider.io can be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That would require me being carried for it to apply to me, which would not be the case..

Is a nice try though.
    I mean if you want access to a key without having put in the work a lot of people would describe that as seeking a carry, but that's semantics.

Now who's assuming the reasons.
    I'm not assuming reasons. But there's more than one reason why people don't get invited to a key. r.io is of course one of them, but there are also things such as group composition and meta specs. Especially when you are playing dps, where the competition for slots is the greatest, most people have absolutely no reason to pick you over for example DH or Mage if you play a spec that has a worse reputation.

You're making an incredible amount of assumptions here, like schedules, willingness to repeat content since roles are scarce, etc etc.

Its perfectly reasonable for people to pug something as trivial as a 10 regardless of guild.
    I don't think it's a big assumption to see a good guild as having access to a reasonably big pool of skilled players. It's one thing if you make the decision to pug your weekly key because you don't care either way. But I have a hard time believing that out of a 25-30 man high end mythic roster plus skilled socials you can't find people to play keys with or at the very least a single tank or heal spec to create your own group and get around r.io.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-02-11 at 10:24 AM.

My only issue with Raider IO is that it just makes it harder for someone who takes a break from the game to come back, but I honestly cannot see a good alternative. I haven't really researched it that much tbh, do they include any decay on the scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    But I have a hard time believing that out of a 25-30 man high end mythic roster plus skilled socials you can't find people to play keys with or at the very least a single tank or heal spec to create your own group and get around r.io.
    I don't run with my guild because I run m+'s at a time that is inconvenient for them. It's not really a complicated thing to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You failed to understand my meaning at all.

Aside from that, you can be total dog shit and have 1000+ score. I've seen tanks that have no idea how to do pulls. DK tanks not using gorefiends, DPS generally just standing in aoe, dps with no fucking clue what purge or interupt are, and dps with over 1200 rio doing less than 12k dps.

Yeah my rio is dogshit, because fuck pugging. Im not running 10 keys a week just because. My best 10 key is something like 19 minutes, I don't need anything from muh pluh aside from trinkets with a 2% drop chance, on a weekly lockout. So I do the one key, for the azerite currency and chance at good item from the chest.

Im a raider, dungeons are boring as fuck, affixes are annoying in the worst case, and just basically ignored the rest of time because Im already doing that shit as a course of habit.

They need to just go back to the wraith/cata/mop model of 1 dungeon daily, or 7 dungeons in a week for your currency. Combine something you really should be doing to progress your character as a raider (currency for gear) with Challenge modes, is beyond rediculous. Thats why you have boosted idiots, or people that just spam keys to boost score.

I dont use rio, rarely pug more than one person. If they are good they get a friend request, if they are dogshit they get put on ignore so I never see them apply to a group again. This has always been the best method, but with the way keys work, you are taking a gamble, no mater what the rio says.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh

You must be joking. You can be full 370 inside of a week of hitting cap without doing any mythic dungeons or raiding. My Demon hunter is 393 with a sub 300 rio, and only clearing bod once. I've gotten 3x 400ilvl pieces from quests, 2 395s from quests, and 2 400s from residuum.
    Well then you did in fact do M+ content and you also in fact played the game. Right? You played The current raid. did dungeons , collcted resodium and such, no?
    You also apparently are very lucky with TF. I have played a lot, and i have 1 pice TF for Full BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    370 EQ ilvl was done in 3 days with less than 1 hour invested per day on 3 toons by me, and 3 toons each of some of my friends as we did it at the same time (boosted eachother to 120) got 2x azerite emissaries done for 385 pieces, and got a 400 azerite piece from warfronts, the rest was just WQ's, we were well above 370 EQ ilvl with less than 4 hours of play time at 120, and in a time span of 3 days, with good RNG it can be done in 1 day pretty much, have 2-3 azerite emissaries up or just Item emissaries, World boss drops, and good RNG on world quest rewards
    This is simply a lie, since the scaling dont work that way. But good try.

Also, why are ppl qqing about the 370-385 equipped ilvl? Thats 15-20 ilvls behind any serious player. Litteraly, 370 is the basic start to play the game at 120 ilvl. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    if I remember correctly it was judging someone during gearscore era was with a score. Higher the score the more likely they did the semi hard to the hardest content.
    Nope, it was just ilvl before ilvl. A metric of the equipped gear to grasp what a specific player did, the higher the value, the higher was your gear and therefore your progression. Was still the time where raid gear > dungeon gear and no fluffy puffy world quest cache were available.
    Was still inflatable but not as much as today ilvl.

And also no WF/TF, which, especially if you dont do higher content, can cause ridiculous item level discrepancies.

A friend of mine who does not raid (only LFR), does no pvp and only does a low M+ now and then where he doesnt want to put effort in, has a higher ilvl than me and i do way higher and way more M+ than him (he goes 2-3 M+6 a week and i am about 15 M+8-11), just because he was lucky and got TF 400 items from Darkshore WF and Ivus.

Ion said in one of recent interviews that Blizzard is not really meddling into social "rewarding" since it can always go bad if they do that. So, it's pretty much left on community to sort it out between each other unless there is some other version of unfair gameplay. In my opinion, you have people that want to achieve a goal and you have people who want you to see suffer because they don't have any ambition at all. My advice? Be brutal.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Well then you did in fact do M+ content and you also in fact played the game. Right? You played The current raid. did dungeons , collcted resodium and such, no?
    You also apparently are very lucky with TF. I have played a lot, and i have 1 pice TF for Full BfA.
    DH was at 374 without ever doing a single mythic 0.

Priest is 369 without doing a single mythic 0. (I healed a key on her, but did not any loot from said key and she was already 368 going into that key, the upgrade was from an invasion.)

DK Is 368 without doing a single mythic 0.

I think its laughable to think it would take 25 weeks to get full 370 without doing m0.

My priest and dk are averaging 1-2 upgrades a day without doing any group content aside from LFR which is a weekly lockout. My guild is well paste doing m0 and I will not be pugging m0 because of the general amount of absolutly dogshit players in this game. I had a hunter at 114 tell me he had not gotten misdirect today.

I had another druid in a leveling dungeon doing 2200 hps, 30.1% overall healing, 1244 dps, less than 10% overall damage. Whilst I was 2nd on damage, and doing the majority of the groups healing, as a fucking paladin. We wiped, the druid got pissy, and tried to vote kick me. We went on to finish the last boss in TD without a healer. Can't really do that m0. If m0 was at least queable i'd do it, but its not, and its too much of a pain in the ass to be bothered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Not even that. Simple solutions:
    - On the Raider IO side stop counting anything unless it has 2 affixes
    - On the Blizzard side allow someone to reset the timer on a key. Right now if someone leaves a group because it will drop their raider IO score they leave immediately

People are taking this crap seriously and climbing the ranks is becoming a read thing.

I am telling you people now. The more you rely on Raider IO the worse this cluster of a gearing system will get worse as they have to rain more gear down because now Mythic is not an option for people.

Mythic is severely fun but when you are scored on a timer in low level Mythics it is creating a very negative experience.
    Great post.

I've read a bunch of threads in the official forums about it and the only people who hardcore defend it are pseudoelitists who love inventing reasons to exclude people, even those who can clearly handle something.