Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    have you watched the MDI?

Gingi actually talked about this on his stream last night. He would strongly recommend players who are looking for a new class to pick up monk because Windwalker is really strong in M+ and the number of Windwalker monks in the game is really lacking.

Reading this thread, im willing to bet that the primary reason monks arent common in m+ is simply (judging by this thread) that theyre all retards.

The class is fine, l2p, and if thats too hard then reroll DH, its less useful, but a blind person can play them.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2019-05-10 at 10:48 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Wasn't there WW monks on almost every MDI team? There was.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    have you watched the MDI?
    He said high keys.. MDI are not high keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    He said high keys.. MDI are not high keys.
    MDI using higher keys than 99,99% of people who enter a m+ dungeon. That seems insanely high for me.

WWs are Combat Rogues that trade damage for extra utility.

Which in super high keys is a trade-off you are absolutely willing to make.

But in lower keys, it's not. You just want to zerg things to oblivion.

Most people aren't actually running 20+ keys. They're running 10-15 keys. They want to feel big and strong at the top of the meters. And utility doesn't show on meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Monks are underrepresented and MW is arguably their best group spec, but ultimately it comes down to an overabundance of Melee and the complete cluster f@$* of class balance that is Mythic +

Rogue/DH are the best Melee specs by far for pushing high keys and that, of course, filters down to lower keys because reasons.
    Rogue is a given spot of course, but a lot of players would pick a monk over a DH (including myself). Ring of peace is a tanks best friend. DH is just so ridiculously easy to play. It is the melee equivalent of a BM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Hey guys,

everytime i have a WW (random) in my M+ group, he absolutely shreds the damagemeter. Additionally, WW got a shitload of wonderful support skills, RoP alone i would kill for.

What is the reason that (especially in high keys) i rarely see one of those?

it is very odd because almost every.single MDI comp is ww/rogue/rogue, and ww is brought specifically for the +dmg buff, having said that RoP, sweep, and 2 kicks are HUGE, as well as AoE with FoF and x2 spinning kick trait

WW main here. I don't know where you draw the line of "high keys" (some would say anything above a 10 is high, some would say 15, others 20) but I'm around 1.8k score trying to push and do some 17s/18s to increase my score. For the most part I'd say I've gotten invited so I haven't felt any stigma towards WW. We do have good damage in a 5-man and we do bring that sweet 5% melee dmg as well as utility like leg sweep and RoP. Sure if it's between a rogue or a WW most groups would take the first because of shroud, but if the group already has a rogue, then getting a WW is a nice addition since it boosts the rogue's dmg as well.

But it depends on group comp as well. Typically when I do get invited to a pug the other 2 dpsers are rogue and DH for example. If I run with guildies we don't really care about comp at all.

It isn't. WW is one of the top specs.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

<- WW main since mop
    i feel like WWs are super strong in m+ content, 90% of all dungeons i top dmg, unless an insane rogue is there and the tank pulls as he should with a rogue
    other than that, im top
    Im sitting at 2050m+ score, but i feel the "stigma"
    some weeks where i cant really play much, and i just need my weekly 15 or so, im having issues getting invited, and getting whispers like "can you heal?" or "ww is bad, we need a rogue" even though they have one for shroud
    on the other hand though, i have met 1 windwalker since legion that knew how to play, and it doesnt seem like a class you just drop into and play at 80+% effectiveness, so that might be why people dont want WWs, most people are just plain bad at the class

K lol. Monk is good and it is represented. 8 of the top 20 runs have a WW in the group. kk.

wait, what?

Do you guys realize the this thread is from before the current MDI season? Rogue/Rogue/WW only really started to pop up with it, before that WW was underrepresented, when groups were mostly rogue/DH/ranged.

Lol, people not checking the date the post was made before commenting

oof necro woops 10chars
    Last edited by Farfa; 2019-06-21 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    ...then reroll DH, its less useful, but a blind person can play them...
    As the great illidan once said, "I'm blind not deaf."

Quote Originally Posted by Wold View Post
    I've played a rogue main since vanilla and currently main a WW monk for guild raids etc. I run both of them through keys but honestly not much higher than 12s and I gotta say I feel more useful on the monk. Shroud is great, picking locks in TD can't be beat and I'm at home on the rogue. The monk does more damage for me in m+ with good CD timing. RoP is overall probably more useful than shroud. My interrupts are more readily available. I have Detox, Vivify and can rez. Downside is I have to play better not having vanish, cloak and feint to cover my oops moments.

I've never paid attention to class popularity or gone fotm. I made a rogue when i started playing because the game didn't have monks. Started again in Legion and eventuallly gave the monk a shot and overall its fun. If you're not having fun then what's the point?
    If monk is doing more damage for you then you aren't playing rogue correctly lol

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Hey guys,

everytime i have a WW (random) in my M+ group, he absolutely shreds the damagemeter. Additionally, WW got a shitload of wonderful support skills, RoP alone i would kill for.

What is the reason that (especially in high keys) i rarely see one of those?
    Because not many people play monks. The class fantasy is lame, their representation by pandas is lame, the rotation is convoluted (dps), and the tanking is not particularly fun.

So all im all, you will not see alot of monks in the game overall because people just play other things.