Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically the new zones are going to be timegated?

Meh no thanks. Fell for that shit in Broken Shore with 7.2 and it's 14 weeks of "story".

You'll have a whole new set of world quests, unlike anything the team has done previously.

Suuuuure we will....

The team is pulling away from gating content with quests that require you to collect thousands of shards and instead focusing on big story quests that you can complete and feel like you got an awesome story reward for playing through a space.

Correction. You are gating the story by weeks for no actual gameplay reason other than to keep that MAU count up. If there was actually a lore reason then fine. And no "oh we must prepare" is not a lore reason.

It should feel like there is stuff happening all over the place.

Then take a look at how other games do their event systems. The invasions on Argus were subpar at best. It was just a glorified scenario. Do a big event that builds up to a world boss among other things.
    I am hopeful that they learn their lessons, but i can't blame anyone for not trusting it given the amount of times they say those things. That said time gating needs to happen because players will burn through content like butter. Even if it was 80 hours of story people would complain it was "too quick" and "alt unfriendly"

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    The criticism of your post is based in you already knowing what the guild had renamed itself, but you chose vulgar hyperbole to make your point. It's just childish.
    way of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    They just need to release the new races already. And where the hell is the flying? Devs aren't even talking about it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I am hopeful that they learn their lessons, but i can't blame anyone for not trusting it given the amount of times they say those things. That said time gating needs to happen because players will burn through content like butter. Even if it was 80 hours of story people would complain it was "too quick" and "alt unfriendly"
    And yet other games don't need to do or do it with something lenient like a week or two.

Timegating in this is literally to keep the MAU count up. Nothing more. It's a shit tier excuse and usually they put in a shit tier lore reason like "oh we must prepare for the upcoming siege" or some other nonsense.

Timegating does not need to happen. There was no reason to gate Broken Shore for example by 14 weeks.

Same with gating LFR by an entire month.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-02 at 02:39 PM.

"The team loves the Allied Race system and thinks it is a strong system."

Yeah I bet, it's made them tons of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Honestly they could announce Naga as a playable race and it would still not get me back into playing this pos abomination of a MMO. Oh look FF14 ARR just released a new class which all you have to do is complete the ARR story line, with a new race coming in the new expansion which you can play day 1. Oh look ESO is releasing a new class in June which all you have to do is buy the expansion. Oh look BDO released a new class in Dec and all you had to do was own the game.

Damn remember when all you had to do was own/sub to WoW for BE, Draenei, Worgen, Goblins and Pandas?, damn it's been that long since WoW was an actual good MMO.
    Sounds like a horrible idea of both FF14 and ESO. You aren't suppose to get everything for free in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    They just need to release the new races already. And where the hell is the flying? Devs aren't even talking about it anymore?
    Please dont ruin the game by asking for flying. It ruined the other expansions after Classic allready

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible idea of both FF14 and ESO. You aren't suppose to get everything for free in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Please dont ruin the game by asking for flying. It ruined the other expansions after Classic allready
    It's a fucking class lol. Yes you are supposed to have those as they are usually listed as main features of games/expansions.

And by your own logic what WoW is doing is a "horrible idea" yes? Since that manages adding classes just like ESO does? Box price as a feature.

And no races shouldn't be fucking "earned" either. Races and Classes are core concepts of games like these.

There's a difference between "getting everything for free" and suitably rewarding content.

I like how we've come so far now that people are saying Classes and Races have to be earned. And technically levelling to 50 to unlock Blue Mage in FF14 is earning something. You completed the main story quests of 2.0 therefore your reward is a Limited Job. As well as access to unlock Red Mage and Samurai if you own Stormblood as they are in ARR zones. And a sick ass looking Magitek Armor mount.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-02 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like how we've come so far now that people are saying Classes and Races have to be earned.
    Yeah, its really a trip hearing crap like that now. Almost as if people are conditioned to put up with stuff that used to be basic parts of games back in yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

People like you are a cancer in MMORPGs and the reason why WoW is in a piss poor state right now.

You know how many MMORPGs lock behind new races and jobs behind time gates? none, well except maybe Everquest 2 which they dropped that cause they even knew it was a stupid system.

I read this crap for over a decade now, how the game has become so bad and how blizz failed horrible at some new features and how they couldnt keep their promises, ohmegerd the game is RUINED fer sho!!!12. There are always whiny people like you. Guess what, for every whiny kid there are thousands other people who would enjoy that feature or the way things are, but they don't come to mmo champ and other forums, they just play the game, and blizz sees it, they got the tools to see what people do in game actually and gather all kind of statistic, this is worth a lot more than your "opinions" to them. Unhappy with something - go ahead and unsubscribe. Will see how much it'll take you to crawl back when you find out there is no greener grass in some "FFX34561" or some other supposedly "upcoming WoW-killer". Or dont crawl back - we could care less if you disappear completely

7+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In addition to that, there are a significant number of people working on sandbox systems and overworld systems, as well as an updated world quest system across the entire zone.
    There won't be any sandbox in the world with CRZ, phasing and shards since it requires people influence/progress and living in the same one, but not "each in own".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team loves the Allied Race system and thinks it is a strong system.
    And yet final idea execution continues, as originally did, have no story implementation logic:
    - mustn't have opening "requirements" through other characters
    - chose mustn't have faction's limitations
    - main part of race must stay neutral/negative/friendly to both factions (no change to originals)
    ...in a good case, what they have become now aren't "allied" races (talking about the original idea), but simply an additional races of this faction.

Pandarens currently are only real allied (in the original idea) race.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-02-04 at 08:11 AM.

*adds more island crap*
    Can I have one scrap of incentive to come back to this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Honestly they could announce Naga as a playable race and it would still not get me back into playing this pos abomination of a MMO. Oh look FF14 ARR just released a new class which all you have to do is complete the ARR story line, with a new race coming in the new expansion which you can play day 1. Oh look ESO is releasing a new class in June which all you have to do is buy the expansion. Oh look BDO released a new class in Dec and all you had to do was own the game.

Damn remember when all you had to do was own/sub to WoW for BE, Draenei, Worgen, Goblins and Pandas?, damn it's been that long since WoW was an actual good MMO.
    Interesting. Last time I played FF14 (stormblood launch) I was forced to play through a RIDICULOUS amount of story content through ARR, ARR post content, heavenswards, and then heavensward post content (despite being level capped for the expansion I was currently working on) before I could even step foot into the new zones. I played probably 60 hours over 3-4 weeks and was soooo fucking burned out of doing that shit I quit before even reaching the new stormblood content.

But that doesn't fit your anti-wow-circlejerk narrative so we should just ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Interesting. Last time I played FF14 (stormblood launch) I was forced to play through a RIDICULOUS amount of story content through ARR, ARR post content, heavenswards, and then heavensward post content (despite being level capped for the expansion I was currently working on) before I could even step foot into the new zones. I played probably 60 hours over 3-4 weeks and was soooo fucking burned out of doing that shit I quit before even reaching the new stormblood content.

But that doesn't fit your anti-wow-circlejerk narrative so we should just ignore that.
    Playing new mmorpgs that are good it's refreshing, and if you come burned as hell from wow even more, I still don't understand this mentality of "fire this one!" and so on, and when someone points that out it's like you don't like "negative feedback" when that is not feedback at all, just pure hate.

Daily quests were always annoying and boring.
    When they first mentioned Island Exploration, I wondered how they will pull it off. Knowing Blizzard I didn't expect much like actual exploration. Then they introduced it and I already knew it was going to but just another pointless grind and nothing else. Playing the introduction to IEs, I was so bored that I never touched this feature again...

I'm unsubbed now, waiting for WoW Classic. Lets see if it's more than just nostalgia, but I fear it can't be the same as the community also changed, not just the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    I read this crap for over a decade now, how the game has become so bad and how blizz failed horrible at some new features and how they couldnt keep their promises, ohmegerd the game is RUINED fer sho!!!12. There are always whiny people like you. Guess what, for every whiny kid there are thousands other people who would enjoy that feature or the way things are, but they don't come to mmo champ and other forums, they just play the game, and blizz sees it, they got the tools to see what people do in game actually and gather all kind of statistic, this is worth a lot more than your "opinions" to them. Unhappy with something - go ahead and unsubscribe. Will see how much it'll take you to crawl back when you find out there is no greener grass in some "FFX34561" or some other supposedly "upcoming WoW-killer". Or dont crawl back - we could care less if you disappear completely
    Blind fanboy? Ignorant of reality? Never looked at how player numbers dropped?
    It's clearly not just the people complaining on forums, that think WoW is in a bad state or else we wouldn't this this drop in player numbers.