Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    (Can't post link, but the above linked WCL statistics.)
    First off, unless I missed some change to WCL, it doesn't show the damage reduction from Devotion Aura and the Aura Mastery part of it. I'm not saying that if that was counted as some absorb to give it some numerical value in HPS to show and therefore compare to other healers (whose CDs have active healing components and show up on logs), it's not a 100% fair comparison. Devo Aura -> AM is a strong CD but won't show, so take that in account.

Again I reiterate - nobody here is asking for fucking tips on how to play. The class is literally the dumbest it's ever been and if you need guidance on how to get the maximum performance out of the current state of holy you need to quit the game.
    Secondly, I'd like to see your percentile in logs then if your hyperbole is that black and white. There *is* a difference between bad and good holy paladin play, but I see that you don't agree to that, but don't make it a blanket statement. Is the class dumber than it's ever been? I don't know, in TBC and Wrath (iirc?) it was spammy and dumb as well.

Sure, the AOE healing is by far the lowest of any other healer, but holy pallies are strong and fast spot healers that support tank healing with beacons, and bring utility with BoP, Sac and BoF. That's the design that Blizz chose, and yeah, it's not the most versatile or complicated healer spec, but it does the job for what it's supposed to do.

(Edit: I fully agree the mastery is a design decision that just doesn't work out in most environments, and wish it'd be changed before patch 9.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Low19 View Post
    First off, unless I missed some change to WCL, it doesn't show the damage reduction from Devotion Aura and the Aura Mastery part of it. I'm not saying that if that was counted as some absorb to give it some numerical value in HPS to show and therefore compare to other healers (whose CDs have active healing components and show up on logs), it's not a 100% fair comparison. Devo Aura -> AM is a strong CD but won't show, so take that in account.

Secondly, I'd like to see your percentile in logs then if your hyperbole is that black and white. There *is* a difference between bad and good holy paladin play, but I see that you don't agree to that, but don't make it a blanket statement. Is the class dumber than it's ever been? I don't know, in TBC and Wrath (iirc?) it was spammy and dumb as well.

Sure, the AOE healing is by far the lowest of any other healer, but holy pallies are strong and fast spot healers that support tank healing with beacons, and bring utility with BoP, Sac and BoF. That's the design that Blizz chose, and yeah, it's not the most versatile or complicated healer spec, but it does the job for what it's supposed to do.

(Edit: I fully agree the mastery is a design decision that just doesn't work out in most environments, and wish it'd be changed before patch 9.0)
    Yeah, as if healer logs aren't just about playing with less healers, bad healers, or just depending on how much extra damage your raid is taking. Assuming you're not just overhealing, it's extremely hard to get paladin wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    You should check out this video on learning to read so you can properly read the OP before offering your thoughts.
    you are the moron here, hes crying how he cant do any aoe healing in raids, if he played the glimmer build that he linked him, he would get better aoe healing and better hps overall also its more fun to play

I'm having a good time playing as a Battlecleric (OG Shockadin) and the aoe healing seems to be pretty good. It's not unusual to hit 30+k HPS during heavy damage.

Basically plays like a melee dps that heals; even when you're focusing only on doing damage you can't help but heal, and vice versa.

Holy paladin is quite decent at both healing groups in M+ and spothealing in raids, you will get decent numbers out of a paladin, when specced for the kind of healer you need to be at that moment.
    The issue I have with it is that you really need two different sets of (azerite) gear and play a quite different spec to get the most out of it.
    More so that some of the other healing specs.
    Also I feel the play style feels a bit clunky, but that's how it's been since Legion for me, although BFA holy feels a lot better than Legion..

Glimmer of light promotes scum of the earth play since maximizing your throughput prioritizes healing a new target rather than healing the one that already has buff. Basically paladin gives up their emphasis on spot healing job that made other healers able to be scum of the earth.

I absolutely love GoL so far - I hit 120 a few days ago, got three pieces with GoL and have done some sub 8 keys and it's so, so fun. Can't wait to get in to 10's. A different world from Holy Priest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible for anybody to break down the "how to" play Glimmer of Light build? I've found countless videos on YouTube that are like 15+ minutes long that go into the detail but I'm just looking for:

- Top 2 secondary stats you wanna aim for (if that even differs from traditional Holy Paladin)

- Preferred talent choices (I know some are mandatory, some not)

- General play style (Holy Shock, CS, Holy Shock somebody else, CS, and so on?)

I also just hit 120 on my Paladin and GoL looks really, really exciting

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    - Top 2 secondary stats you wanna aim for (if that even differs from traditional Holy Paladin)
    Stack haste to the moon, after that mastery wins on stacked fights but weaker otherwise, generally all 3 are close so just try strike a balance.

- Preferred talent choices (I know some are mandatory, some not)
    There's pretty much no flexibility here, playing things other than crusader's might, holy avenger, sanctified wrath and divine purpose will give noticeable losses in raids because they all enable the playstyle and amplify eachother. Devotion aura beats mercy in basically every situation. Rule of law is the best spell in the game so you can opt out there while learning to avoid being overwhelmed but I wouldn't put it off too long, some people used cavalier on jaina and mistress in tos but that's pretty fringe.

- General play style (Holy Shock, CS, Holy Shock somebody else, CS, and so on?)
    During wings pretty much yes, eventually you run out of CS charges then after your HS you have 2 globals to fill which you can use on LoD and FoL or infused HL, the important thing there is to never CS say after you went HS -> LoD as then your HS is 1 global away so your CS would be completely wasted. If you get a divine purpose proc use it and carry on as normal.

Spread glimmers as much as you can preferring targets with dots like mekka bombs, especially since it even ignores line of sight. The caveat being if someone will die without that HS even if they already have glimmer, that's your play no questions asked. Sometimes wings early to ramp glimmers like a disc would atonements, and always go into it with HS coming off cd.

Outside of wings you have more empty space so that's where the bulk of your HL/FoLs come in, which you can use as mana allows, sometimes you even have to ignore your CS cd as people will die otherwise. Same thing as during wings with never wasting CS on a HS/LoD that will be off cooldown after that global anyway. Remember to swap beacon when the tanks swap, try stay in melee even if the tanks run about so you can keep CSing, think about which side of the boss you're standing on for your mastery.

You didn't mention it but just in case, you'll want to aim for a breaking dawn and a light's decree trait alongside the 3 glimmers if you can ever get your hands on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    @capri sunset

I've taken all of your advice and started busting out M+ dungeons and LFR doing this build, and it's working pretty well. Thank you for all of your tips.

Question: are 3 traits of GoL "mandatory" or will I be gimping myself I go 2 traits + something else?

@capri sunset

I've taken all of your advice and started busting out M+ dungeons and LFR doing this build, and it's working pretty well. Thank you for all of your tips.

Question: are 3 traits of GoL "mandatory" or will I be gimping myself I go 2 traits + something else?
    Oh right should've mentioned for M+ you'll want virtue over divine purpose, it's probably a bit jarring at first but you quickly see how much easier it is to heal group damage. Small things for that are just have the last global as it's about to expire be an instant so HS/LoD since a cast would take too long, and if you precast FoL/uninfused HL -> spam Virtue you can get the transfer from the precast too.

To drop a glimmer I'd think it'd have to be like 60 ilvls on a piece or something so basically yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    @capri sunset

all 3 GoL traits are mandatory

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Glimmer of light promotes scum of the earth play since maximizing your throughput prioritizes healing a new target rather than healing the one that already has buff. Basically paladin gives up their emphasis on spot healing job that made other healers able to be scum of the earth.
    This, is a fact.

And that fact, actually makes me annoyed with the spec a little.

I loved the idea of saving the lowest health target far more.

Now if I do it more than 2 shocks in a row, I'm gimping my overall hps a lot.

I still like the class, but I agree with the sentiment that this design is actually to the bad side. We're all playing it because of the overall hps throughput it can do at an insane level during the wings window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Kind of agree here. Granted I am currently running GoL-build and absolutely loving the play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpella View Post
    in raids I m not happy with the aoe
    Been playing WoW since Vanilla. Unless my memory is getting bad havent Paladins always been the Tank Healer with weak AoE healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Been playing WoW since Vanilla. Unless my memory is getting bad havent Paladins always been the Tank Healer with weak AoE healing?
    Holy Paladin was an AOE Beast during Cataclysm. Holy Radiance was crazy OP.
    Last edited by blagyyy; 2019-10-21 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blagyyy View Post
    Holy Paladin was an AOE Beast during Cataclysm. Holy Radiance was crazy OP.
    There was a time during Wrath with the aoe glyph that splashed melee, and how judging healed everything for X amount of seconds.

Judging correctly over other pally judges was key, and whatever that glyph was that splashed everything around beacon is what I believe im thinking.

was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Kind of agree here. Granted I am currently running GoL-build and absolutely loving the play style.
    The problem with GoL build is you pick crusader's might build which means you are basically just pressing Holy shock, light of dawn, and crusader's strike with a procced Divine light/flash of light. You don't have to aim LoD, you don't have to aim crusader's strike. All you have to do is click holy shock on someone you don't have the buff on and then do a quick casted spell. You never ran out of mana and I basically could just go on auto pilot since there was so little thinking and decision making involved. It got pretty boring for me. I used to love how in Legion you had to prepare a super huge Aura of sacrifice and went absolutely ham with like 7 million + raid healing in 8 seconds on Mythic Aggramar if you lined a bunch of stuff up for example. There is none of that creative gameplay anymore with the GCD lock.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-30 at 06:53 PM.

If you guys are bored, and waiting for a Holy Shock or Crusader's Strike...

Why not beacon dance too. Also, just blindly putting Glimmers on in any order isn't advised either. If done right, your HPS should go up and your over healing brought down. If done wrong, well you'll see it on the over healing meter.

But what I don't get, is if at the end of the fight, every is alive... what do meters matter?