Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weird Hanzo Graphic on launcher

Anyone else getting this Hanzo comic-booky graphic on the launcher for HotS, but it doesn't link anywhere?

Was posted to their twitter account:
    https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/stat...58152738107393
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2019-02-02 at 09:42 PM.

Probably Lunar Festival Event with theme (military?), should start this week. And I like this Rambo Hanzo, finally new skin for him Curious about the other skins.

I wonder if they will change Hanzo s dragon for a missile barrage

Yeah, it's likely a tease for the next skin event. Here's hoping for a John Matrix/Alan Schaefer skin to go along with the Rambo one! It'd be a good fit for Tychus.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is theory, that Hanzo skin probably is related to Viper Ascendancy skins where was Genji, Ana and Stukov skins.

:O I want!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay now i'm certain for 99% Hanzo and Blaze skins are connected to Viper Ascendancy Drop.

Blaze skin? Hell yeah baby! If only Tychus could get as well decent skin tbh.

Damn, this Blaze skin is some hot stuff. Finally a use for my stockpile of shards. Hoping they willl allow buying skins for gold soon as well, it's becoming pretty useless with the slower hero releases for people who are hanging around since launch and have every hero in their collection.

I always liked those skins for Tychus/Morales/Jimmy where they lose that full armor suit, so I'm pretty hyped for this Blaze skin.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    There is theory, that Hanzo skin probably is related to Viper Ascendancy skins where was Genji, Ana and Stukov skins.
    I don't see how? Those are clearly near future neo-government thing. The Hanzo and Blaze images clearly look like a Vietnam era throwback.

I thought as I was typing above, that maybe they are part of a resistance force against the Viper Ascendant.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I thought as I was typing above, that maybe they are part of a resistance force against the Viper Ascendant.
    Most likely. Look at the bottom left corner of the Blaze pic. If those dudes aren't the sorta thugs you'd expect the Viper people to send out I'll eat my hat.

Do folks remember the weird teaser at the end of the Viper Ascendancy promo trailer? With someone punching their television?

I think that might have been whomever the Blaze skin is supposed to be.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Guess who

"Join the resistance and protect the Nexus against Viper!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Do folks remember the weird teaser at the end of the Viper Ascendancy promo trailer? With someone punching their television?

I think that might have been whomever the Blaze skin is supposed to be.
    Oh that would actually fit, the girl in the picture has a pink plushie that kinda looks like the piglet on blaze's belt.

Damn, is that Cain??? What an awesome skin!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Most likely. Look at the bottom left corner of the Blaze pic. If those dudes aren't the sorta thugs you'd expect the Viper people to send out I'll eat my hat.
    Didn't notice them, was more mesmerized by the stuffed pig on his belt. But yes, I see them, and it is now official.

Viper = Hydra reference? lol

More like Cobra from G.I.JOE, I think that's the main inspiration/theme.

Last edited by melzas; 2019-02-05 at 07:27 AM.

That Deckard skin looks insane, wth. Pretty nice that it was 3 heroes who only had gem bundles available who got some skins. Especially since the Hanzo/Blaze ones were a bit lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    More like Cobra from G.I.JOE, I think that's the main inspiration/theme.

Ahhh! yeah, definitely that. Forgot about Cobra.

Well this skin is instant buy for me, even though I don't really play Deckard much (yet)!