Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Never bad? Before BfA maybe. But Arms in BfA? Hot garbage for sure.
    You're joking right? Arms was excellent in all of Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ehm? What? They were the top tanks at the start of Legion, top DPS at the start of Legion and top melee in most of the expansion.
    They have been really strong tanks in BfA at times and solid DPS that was more or less broken at the very start of BfA.

We could go back and the same would be true in other expansions as well. I doubt few classes have ever been at the top as often as warriors. I mean, in vanilla they were so far ahead of the rest that you litteraly did not need any other DPS for most fights unless you had to have ranged for some reason.
    Warlocks. For the past decade or so they've been one of the top(often the top) class for most tiers, with EN being the only raid recently where they were "just" middle of the pack. Other than that, probably true.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Warriors were always good, falls sometimes in certain situations but never bad, always good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    As I've sat here for half an hour being declined by every m+ group even though I have more than enough experience, I find myself thinking about warriors. I've only played one since cata but in my personal view, and it might be very wrong, that warrs are never great. If memory serves me well, they're usually not bad, but have they ever been a class you actually want to see? We bring nothing of real value that other classes bring.

While I'm ranting about warrs, it also seems like other classes, those that always seem to be good, locks and rogues etc, are always allowed to stay at the top, and whenever warriors look like they might be worth considering, Blizzard descends on them because no fun is allowed.
    Unfortunately, because the developers have no idea what they're doing, class balance has been dictated by a select few builds that not only top the DPS meters but also provide incredible utility/survivability.

Warriors are one such role, but not in the way you think.

Arms is complete and utter garbage this expansion. Their mastery has always been trash and they should only be picked if you really like the boring playstyle and don't want to be picked for any groups.

Fury does incredible amounts of damage with good gear, but there are many problems with playing a DPS warrior in general. Everybody and their mother is a melee DPS so people would rather choose ranged DPS for their groups. Plus in terms of mythic plus, people would rather run a rogue group due to shroud's potential.

No, where warriors shine is in Protection spec.

Ever since 8.1, Warriors could do ludicrous amounts of damage by speccing exclusively into Avatar and Thunder Clap. This made them a top tier pick for Mythic+, outshining even the OP as fuck sustain of the Blood DK. Pull a large pack, pop Avatar, pop Demoralizing Shout, liberally spam defensive CDs and Thunder Clap when off CD and voilá, you're doing 50k+ DPS.

Blizzard attempted to nerf this in 8.2 by neutering Unstoppable Force to only give a 30% (instead of 100%) damage boost to Thunder Clap while Avatar was active. But that doesn't even fucking matter anyway because Blizzard introduced one of the most overpowered and broken Azerite Essences into the game: Vision of Perfection. Clear Mechagon a few times and you have a near indefinite uptime on Avatar thanks to an essence that procs often and keeps Avatar active for 35% of its duration when it procs. Suddenly that major nerf to Thunder Clap doesn't even matter when you can just spam it all the time.

VoP is actually so overpowered that a max level highly geared Protection Warrior can Freehold boost players from 110 to 120, after Blizz had nerfed the previous method which involved a 110 twink character.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2019-12-27 at 11:27 AM.

If by "never bad" you mean at least one spec then yes it is true as right now Fury is good and Prot is very good.
    But right now Arms is not "never bad" it is pretty bad honestly.

Warriors are rarely bad true, but we've had moments in the sun even in the last 2 expansions. As raids go, dps warriors in Legion were incredibly good in NH, very good in ToS, and godlike in Antorus. In M+ Arms was great all throughout Legion and Fury was not far behind. M+ in BFA warriors have also been great in all roles. Prot warriors were godlike early in Legion and have also been very good in BFA.
    So basically we might not ever be the MOST sought after class, but we're near the tops of the lists quite often.
    Obviously this is all just my opinion.

See warriors pulling off huge numbers in the new raid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pulling 1000+dps in MC feels quite dominant. #classic.

prot is the best tank for m+ iirc, so might wanna start there

Arms is dominant in m+ currently. Did they do something to deep wounds scaling or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Arms in MoP quite clearly even to this day, they were one of the few classes that could legit 100%-0% another player with a single ability, even after it was "reworked", arms would still dominate pvp until WoD came.

Warrior DPS isn’t bad right now...it’s great. Also you guys don’t play with anyone good at arms clearly as 90% of you think arms is trash. Please look at the dps you can do with test of might 3, MLD 3, and lots of haste. The single target sim for fury stops before 100k and the arms goes to 110k. Wake up sheeple, don’t listen to these clown arms warriors. Yeah if you don’t have 3 test of might or the proper essence setup, don’t try it won’t go well, but anyone serious about trying it can get it setup relatively fast. With the proper arms build a 450 test of might Azerite piece is worth more dps than any 480 piece without it.

Fury is the cleave spec arms is the single target spec rn. Despite it’s strength arms probs will lose overall to most keys to a fury but raiding if you don’t need the survivability arms is king, especially since razor coral is still a thing.

Also the answer the guy no mastery wasn’t buffed but because of how what I mentioned above works it’s better to run cleave than war breaker now lowering burst but raising sustained cleave significantly.

Don’t listen to the haters BFA fury is one of the most fun classes they’ve ever created and arms is very fun too and both feel AMAZING to play.

Arms feels “clunky” is only true if you have minimal work in your arms spec, bad traits, and bad gear and at that point fury just feels good because it’s giving you the haste buff when you have near nothing and it’s like DAMN THIS IS COOL
    Last edited by GucciWarr; 2020-02-10 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Sorry OP. You missed warriors golden years in vanilla thru Cata. Best tank, Gods in DPS, and gods in PVP. Our scaling was just insane. I miss the days of rage not being normalized along with heroic strike. WotLK was the last time I felt like a juggernaut on my warrior.

Anyways I’m just messing with ya since you didn’t get to experience the class pre Cata. It was great times though. As for being good or not now I can’t say as I’m no longer subbed but generally speaking when the end of the expansion is here that’s when you’ll see warriors start shining more.
    rage being normalized is a good thing,why was warrior the only class limited in such an extreme way by gear that other classes didnt have to deal with,i also loved arms pvp in wrath,but the scaling was just insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    rage being normalized is a good thing,why was warrior the only class limited in such an extreme way by gear that other classes didnt have to deal with,i also loved arms pvp in wrath,but the scaling was just insane
    lol took me a minute i couldnt recall when I made this. Was over a year ago. But yeah I never said they should be. I said why they were the golden years. It was fun as hell and Blizzard getting so anal about balancing was part of what hurt the game over time in my opinion. The game was better when Blizzards main goal was fun not perfect balance. Shit even Ghostcrawler admitted that years ago. Blizzards should have and could have allowed other specs to scale in unique ways. Well actually they did for awhile. Locks would turn into absolute tank behemoths by the end of expacs. Mages could become insta gibbers, ala arcane end of WotLK. Was always funny to see.

How a year changes things. Warriors are now the "best" tank in the game and have at least 1 really DPS spec for everything.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    lol took me a minute i couldnt recall when I made this. Was over a year ago. But yeah I never said they should be. I said why they were the golden years. It was fun as hell and Blizzard getting so anal about balancing was part of what hurt the game over time in my opinion. The game was better when Blizzards main goal was fun not perfect balance. Shit even Ghostcrawler admitted that years ago. Blizzards should have and could have allowed other specs to scale in unique ways. Well actually they did for awhile. Locks would turn into absolute tank behemoths by the end of expacs. Mages could become insta gibbers, ala arcane end of WotLK. Was always funny to see.
    yeah,i agree with giving everyone unique scaling systems,and wile i dont think everything needs to be perfectly balanced,gimping warriors so much was just exagerated

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    If by "never bad" you mean at least one spec then yes it is true as right now Fury is good and Prot is very good.
    But right now Arms is not "never bad" it is pretty bad honestly.
    So bad that it gets a spot in Method's kill of N'zoth? So bad that it's one of the best damage dealers in M+ bar none? Arms has come a long, long way since season 2 where it was indeed a bad spec.

Unless you mean bad to play, then I mostly agree. But by no means is Arms bad, neither is Fury or Prot come to think of it. Warriors have two very good DPS specs and the best M+ tank spec right now, how is that "never good" I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Arms is dominant in m+ currently. Did they do something to deep wounds scaling or something?
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=188923/cleave This is the reason arms is good on sustained aoe in higher keys, perma deep wounds on all adds with some mastery gear
    I.O BFA Season 3

I feel like warriors are quite solid at this point. I haven't tried arms at all in this expansion, but fury feels great once you get your gear to a certain point, as does prot. A 'bit' more utility is on my wish list for fury, perhaps even just a shorter cd on interrupt (or better yet, give us shockwave again!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So bad that it gets a spot in Method's kill of N'zoth? So bad that it's one of the best damage dealers in M+ bar none? Arms has come a long, long way since season 2 where it was indeed a bad spec.

Unless you mean bad to play, then I mostly agree. But by no means is Arms bad, neither is Fury or Prot come to think of it. Warriors have two very good DPS specs and the best M+ tank spec right now, how is that "never good" I wonder.
    Well, there was no N'Zoth by the time I wrote that post. Arms is good now since 8.3 launched. Because it scales very good (probably a little too good) with the current ToM+Lucid+Anger Management setup. The gap between ToM window and the next CS window is getting shorter every day as you get better gear especially more haste. During Heroism and/or Execute these 2 windows actually overlap. So your execute can have both 30% CS AND nearly 100% ToM buff same time. Which are multiplicative buffs. Then it hits like 90k non-crit.