Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    The saddest thing is that the game is actually pretty good.
    Braindead classes and island expeditions? Top-tier gameplay tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Yet you ignore the things I did say in it. Respond to my responses, not just bashing me because I fit your mercurial definition of "entitled". People may "know what they're paying for" but when you're invested with time and spirit into this franchise there's certain things that morally need to be taken into account. And you CANNOT deny that Blizzard have openly lied now about "caring about / listening to feedback" and "love our passion and community". If they did, they wouldn't insult us and continue to turn the game THEIR way.
    well, it is THEIR game... they can do with it as they please. if they want to run it into the ground, it's their right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ion cares about the game overall? LOL I mean really... I have nothing to say to that other than I truly believe Ion doesn't care about the game at all. ion cares about Ion and making some nae for himself. But just like Jay Wilson will become a gaming pariah that other companies will stay away from.

Of course all of the gaming companies are hurting.. because they all went corporate insane... Fallout 76? Battlefront II? Battlefield 5? Diablo Immortal? BfA? Loot boxes, MTX, in game store mounts/pets/skins?

The game industry, as a whole, is failing... except the smaller companies who are keeping their noses in their games like Grinding Gear Games does with Path of Exile.

Activision-Blizzard announces record year of profits. So why again did their stock prices drop over 50% and why did they fire over 800 employees?

Who exactly are they producing for? And even more worrisome... who are they shifting their priorities to? You got phone?
    1. Ion does care, that's why on his watch there have been improvements to activities for various different player types instead of pandering to us Mythic raiders non-stop. I might benefit less from that approach than his predecessor's but it's hard to argue against it being better for the game overall. Catering to a pretty insignificant portion of the playerbase that raids Mythic isn't a smart business choice, and Ion, also as a Mythic raider, sees that. If they could have hired and promoted him sooner that would have been nice. There's only so much you can do to sell a 15 year old game. Well, watch how WoW classic turns out, you'll see.

2. No matter what you've convinced yourself of, video game devs and publishers are BUSINESSES. Not your friends. Not their employees' friends. Give CDPR a couple more years and they'll be just like every other company now. If you owned a business and you realized that you had 800~ employees that no longer served a purpose due to killing off esports on a product that was a failure (in their eyes.) and extra support staff for games in maint mode, would you keep them on? For funzies? When you have employees that no longer serve a function you don't just keep paying them. That's not how business works. By your rationale Blizzard should have just kept paying these people forever even though their job didn't really serve a function anymore. It's different if we're talking about a handful of people that you can reshuffle elsewhere, but this is HUNDREDS of people.

3. Yeah market adjustments happen. Activision-Blizzard's is worse than most. They had a pretty bleak end of the year because they flubbed Blizzcon so hard. It happens. They still turned a profit though.

You don't like mobile games, and that's fine, I don't either, but the market for them is huge. I don't like mobas but the market for them was huge for several years. I don't really like Battle Royale (Blackout and Apex are okay.) games but fortnite is huge. Sometimes the things that we personally like aren't the things that do best in the market. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's funny that you should mention GGG and PoE right after you talk about MTX and Loot Boxes. PoE has both, and they're priced insanely high. The truth of the matter is, it's loot boxes that people hate now. MTX is a part of the gaming industry and isn't going anywhere, people for whatever reason love that shit.

Also a lot of those games didn't fail because of "corporate insanity" - Battlefront 2 did. Fallout 76 maybe but the issues were much deeper than that. BFA met expectations last I checked even if you hate it and I'm not a huge fan of it. Battlefield 5 failed for the same reason that 3, 4, One, and Hardline failed, DICE can't make a decent game anymore. I can't even blame EA for it, and I really don't like EA. DICE lost their mojo a decade ago. If anything I think it's time for EA to have another studio make a BF game like Activision does with COD. Diablo Immortal is probably going to be wildly successful despite the backlash unfortunately. You should probably add that stupid card game by Valve to your list that lost 95% of its players in a month and I can't even remember the name of.
    Opted to Spread Blight | FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    1. Ion does care, that's why on his watch there have been improvements to activities for various different player types instead of pandering to us Mythic raiders non-stop. I might benefit less from that approach than his predecessor's but it's hard to argue against it being better for the game overall. Catering to a pretty insignificant portion of the playerbase that raids Mythic isn't a smart business choice, and Ion, also as a Mythic raider, sees that. If they could have hired and promoted him sooner that would have been nice. There's only so much you can do to sell a 15 year old game. Well, watch how WoW classic turns out, you'll see.
    Do you hear what you've said? Mythic raiders... That was not even a thing until Ion came in... along with Mythic+ dungeons... along with Warforging and Titanforging... and doing away with things that gave the game depth.. like secondary stats being meaningful.

Ion is a mathhead from the guild/website Elitist Jerks... who focuses solely on math and maximizing DPS meters.

No.. Ion doesn't care.. if they had the MANY issues brought up in BfA BETA would not be being apologized for now. Ion will be gone before the next expansion (if there even is one) is announced. I guarantee it.
    "Forgetting your roots will only lead you further from sweet home."

Do you hear what you've said? Mythic raiders... That was not even a thing until Ion came in... along with Mythic+ dungeons... along with Warforging and Titanforging... and doing away with things that gave the game depth.. like secondary stats being meaningful.

Ion is a mathhead from the guild/website Elitist Jerks... who focuses solely on math and maximizing DPS meters.

No.. Ion doesn't care.. if they had the MANY issues brought up in BfA BETA would not be being apologized for now. Ion will be gone before the next expansion (if there even is one) is announced. I guarantee it.
    1. I apologize I didn't realize that I had to go into the whole difficulty levels transition thing. I thought we were at a point now where saying Mythic raiding would be good enough and we all knew that we were talking about top end raiding no matter what it used to be called.

2. You're probably the only person who thinks that M+ isn't a good thing. Mythic raiding is a good thing. We get our own difficulty and everyone else gets a difficulty that fits them. Hate it all you want but LFR and the new difficulties have made raiding more alive than it's ever been and raiding overall is better than it has ever been. (Please spare yourself the indignity of linking the GC quote where he says he regrets LFR, but the later clarifies that it was the WAY that LFR was implemented (which was fixed by the next raid tier) and not the feature itself.) - Titanforging is one of those areas where it's not catering to the top end. TF is a fantastic feature for everyone that isn't Mythic raiding, and our beef with it was in Legion, it's not nearly as much of a problem as we perceived it to be. Again, business decisions, why ruin a feature for everyone that's only an issue for 5% of the playerbase?

Why would Ion be going anywhere? You not liking BFA is irrelevant, it met or exceeded expectations. For them it's a success. Of course there will be another expansion. Even the unpopular ones like WoD and BFA make money. Millions of people still buy them. WoD was a disaster and millions of people still bought Legion. I think you're confusing your own personal stuff for the feelings of the playerbase at large.

For me, it's the first expansion I didn't buy/play. I played a little of BETA and just couldn;t do it anymore... WoD and Legion were such dogs to me (and only spend a few months in each of those) that I just wasn't willing to sign up for Legion 2.0.

For this reason, I will likely never buy another expansion... I have something like 23 toons to 110... and e thought of trying to grind them through BfA to get get to the next expansion... well it ain't happening.

So the saddest part of BfA.. is that it made Legion my last WoW expansion... ever. I'm looking forward to Classic, but for all practical purposes... my characters, whom I have invest so much time and love into... are dead. No future, no more adventures, nothing.

The finality of that just feels so sad. Still, I would rather see them dead and gone than to play one second more of Ion's garbage.

I hate to see good people suffer, but am glad Blizzard lost half their stock value. 800 layoffs later.. and Ion is still in charge. I hope it's part of phase two and he and his Elitist Jerks are given the boot.
    If you're never gonna play retail again then why are you constantly talking about it? Don't you think it's strange to be this attached to something you'll never even touch? You even want the game to die just so you can be free. Don't you care about the people that still enjoy WoW? Should they stop having fun just so you can be happy?
    Your addiction to WoW is honestly very scary and I worry about you.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

1. I apologize I didn't realize that I had to go into the whole difficulty levels transition thing. I thought we were at a point now where saying Mythic raiding would be good enough and we all knew that we were talking about top end raiding no matter what it used to be called.

2. You're probably the only person who thinks that M+ isn't a good thing. Mythic raiding is a good thing. We get our own difficulty and everyone else gets a difficulty that fits them. Hate it all you want but LFR and the new difficulties have made raiding more alive than it's ever been and raiding overall is better than it has ever been. (Please spare yourself the indignity of linking the GC quote where he says he regrets LFR, but the later clarifies that it was the WAY that LFR was implemented (which was fixed by the next raid tier) and not the feature itself.) - Titanforging is one of those areas where it's not catering to the top end. TF is a fantastic feature for everyone that isn't Mythic raiding, and our beef with it was in Legion, it's not nearly as much of a problem as we perceived it to be. Again, business decisions, why ruin a feature for everyone that's only an issue for 5% of the playerbase?

Why would Ion be going anywhere? You not liking BFA is irrelevant, it met or exceeded expectations. For them it's a success. Of course there will be another expansion. Even the unpopular ones like WoD and BFA make money. Millions of people still buy them. WoD was a disaster and millions of people still bought Legion. I think you're confusing your own personal stuff for the feelings of the playerbase at large.

That's the whole point... that there are FOUR levels of difficulty for raiding. That is plain stupid. I understand WHAT they are trying to achieve... no player left behind and all that... but it completely undermines the value of raiding.

I'm probably the ONLY person that thinks M+ is not a good ting? What about the millions who simply have;t come back to play? I mean if M+ was such an amazing thing... Why hasn't it saved WoW? Why doesn't WoW draw as much participation as say BC or Wrath did?

TF is a fantastic feature?

You see... the game as it is NOW... is YOUR type of game... you are THAT type of player. And this WoW is for you. Enjoy! As for the millions who can;t stomach such garbage... we simply don't play and some of us look forward to Classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you're never gonna play retail again then why are you constantly talking about it? Don't you think it's strange to be this attached to something you'll never even touch? You even want the game to die just so you can be free. Don't you care about the people that still enjoy WoW? Should they stop having fun just so you can be happy?
    Your addiction to WoW is honestly very scary and I worry about you.
    It's not strange at all to have passion for a game, a tv series, a movie... etc. I only wish the Devs had as much passion for the game as I do, as the original devs did...

But I do appreciate your concern... it's nice to know someone cares.
    "Forgetting your roots will only lead you further from sweet home."

I suspect they were too prideful with the success of Legion or they lose their head at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

That's the whole point... that there are FOUR levels of difficulty for raiding. That is plain stupid. I understand WHAT they are trying to achieve... no player left behind and all that... but it completely undermines the value of raiding.

I'm probably the ONLY person that thinks M+ is not a good ting? What about the millions who simply have;t come back to play? I mean if M+ was such an amazing thing... Why hasn't it saved WoW? Why doesn't WoW draw as much participation as say BC or Wrath did?

TF is a fantastic feature?

You see... the game as it is NOW... is YOUR type of game... you are THAT type of player. And this WoW is for you. Enjoy! As for the millions who can;t stomach such garbage... we simply don't play and some of us look forward to Classic
    You don't read at all, do you? I'm not "THAT" type of player, and things like M+ and Titanforging aren't for me or players like me, it's for the much larger sections of the playerbase. Catering to people like me is bad business, we're a small mostly insignificant portion of the playerbase. WoW has gained and lost more players in single quarters than have ever set foot into Mythic raiding. =] Ion understands that.

Titanforging is good for everyone outside of us, so yeah it's a good feature even if we don't like it at times. Mythic+ is a very well received feature, probably the most well received feature that they ever added to WoW.

Undermines the Value of Raiding. I don't think you understand raiding or the history of raiding. They spent all of Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and most of Cataclysm trying to get raiding to be something beyond a niche activity. They achieved that with LFR, and LFR made the game better for those of us that actually do organized raiding. Massively increased resources into raiding and we've yet to get a garbage tier rehash like Naxx or filler tier like ToC, Firelands, etc.

Do you think anyone respected us for raiding in Vanilla/BC/etc? Lol no, they wrote us off as nolifers. Raiding was a niche activity, raiding successfully beyond the intro tier(s) was for the super hardcore only. Now you raid whatever difficulty fits your play style, do whatever keystone fits your playstyle, etc. The only people who think that's a bad thing are probably the same people that thought anyone respected us sitting around in main cities in our tier 6.

Propping up warmode by stealing class identity and half of each class' abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm more positive about Bliz than a lot of folks, but even when I put on my most Taliesen-ish persona, I've got to give this point a real nod. They were incredibly slow to react to criticisms about the classes and then when they did, it was waaaay too late.

As to answer the OPs question, my sadness was this: They had the absolutely and completely perfect tool for expansions with the artifact weapons. Each expansion, they could morph them, adding new powers and taking away old powers. It was basically like adding a new talent tree but changing it for ever spec, every expansion. And if a power is really great, terrific, make room for it on the tree! What a brilliant design!

So they chose not to use it going forward. :O :O :O Oh, sure, I wasn't surprised when they destroyed the artifacts, they more or less promised to do that, but how in the holy hell could they not continue the artifact system?

Next, they destroyed legos. Now, this surprised exactly no one. It was to be expected. But having removed artifacts and legos, they were quite slow in bringing out armor that actually replicated lego efffects and when they did, many of the ideas were pretty bland dps upgrades. So, they continued the lego system in a kind of way--head, shoulder, chest--but it was never going to feel as exciting. And instead of coming up with a few really brilliant powers, they came up with tons of really lame ones. Sigh.

But, and this is the part I really do find sad, they then decided to do the global cooldown changes. Now maybe these really were necessary. In fact, given the damage they've done to the game, they bloody well better be necessary. But why in the hell would you make that change in an expansion when you were basically nerfing all the cool powers from the last expansion at the same time? It was bound to make players feel their class played like crap. They should have waited till a better moment in the game.
    I’m guessing they will make changes to the neck in 8.2 that would quench your artifact weapon throat, but that you still won’t be happy.

It's not strange at all to have passion for a game, a tv series, a movie... etc. I only wish the Devs had as much passion for the game as I do, as the original devs did...

But I do appreciate your concern... it's nice to know someone cares.
    There's a huge difference between passion and obsession. If you are never gonna play something why go around saying you wish some devs were fired and other shit?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?
    No, the saddest thing about BfA is seeing people like you jump on the 'I hate BfA' bandwagon. Seriously, give it a rest. Go do something else, go outside perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The saddest thing for me is the class design.

I've mained a Rogue since 2004.

I don't even recognize my Rogue and it breaks my heart.
    Rogue is definitely one of the hardest hit from the "spec fantasy > class fantasy" design. Sin rogue = dots & timer management. Outlaw = Pirate RNG. Subtlety = the purple spec. It's pretty bad right now.

Ion and Lore still having a job?

2. No matter what you've convinced yourself of, video game devs and publishers are BUSINESSES. Not your friends. Not their employees' friends. Give CDPR a couple more years and they'll be just like every other company now. If you owned a business and you realized that you had 800~ employees that no longer served a purpose due to killing off esports on a product that was a failure (in their eyes.) and extra support staff for games in maint mode, would you keep them on? For funzies? When you have employees that no longer serve a function you don't just keep paying them. That's not how business works. By your rationale Blizzard should have just kept paying these people forever even though their job didn't really serve a function anymore. It's different if we're talking about a handful of people that you can reshuffle elsewhere, but this is HUNDREDS of people.

3. Yeah market adjustments happen. Activision-Blizzard's is worse than most. They had a pretty bleak end of the year because they flubbed Blizzcon so hard. It happens. They still turned a profit though.

You don't like mobile games, and that's fine, I don't either, but the market for them is huge. I don't like mobas but the market for them was huge for several years. I don't really like Battle Royale (Blackout and Apex are okay.) games but fortnite is huge. Sometimes the things that we personally like aren't the things that do best in the market. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's funny that you should mention GGG and PoE right after you talk about MTX and Loot Boxes. PoE has both, and they're priced insanely high. The truth of the matter is, it's loot boxes that people hate now. MTX is a part of the gaming industry and isn't going anywhere, people for whatever reason love that shit.

Also a lot of those games didn't fail because of "corporate insanity" - Battlefront 2 did. Fallout 76 maybe but the issues were much deeper than that. BFA met expectations last I checked even if you hate it and I'm not a huge fan of it. Battlefield 5 failed for the same reason that 3, 4, One, and Hardline failed, DICE can't make a decent game anymore. I can't even blame EA for it, and I really don't like EA. DICE lost their mojo a decade ago. If anything I think it's time for EA to have another studio make a BF game like Activision does with COD. Diablo Immortal is probably going to be wildly successful despite the backlash unfortunately. You should probably add that stupid card game by Valve to your list that lost 95% of its players in a month and I can't even remember the name of.
    do you know why people love this shit ?

because most people at very core of their nature are natural gatherers .

they like gathering stuff - whether its staps , mineral, pokemon cards or ... skins in games they enjoy

how exacly is different gathering skins in LoL or whatever from gathering cards in pokemon or magic the gathering ?

its not.

thats why microtransctions are so popular.

i kinda wish that blizzard never abandoned TCG for Hearthstone . but im dinosaur i guess who gatheed both pokemon card and them magic the gathering when i was a teen .

i for example cant understand how people can have problem with other spending like 50-100 $ am month on their hobby . i mean how poor you have to be to not be able to afford it without a thought.
    Last edited by kamuimac; Yesterday at 07:41 AM.

class design and story.
    "Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname the dragon of the west?" - Uncle Iroh

Suri Cruise is a SP (Suppressive person)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Wanna go back to spamming Sinister Strike?
    Some buttons that I would like back are

Gouge, Garrote, Shiv, Premeditation, Slice and Dice, Preparation, Poisons, Preparation, Find Weakness (not this nerfed garbage), Shadow Dance (not this weak garbage with the charges but the real old school Shadow Dance)

If getting all that stuff back means going back to Sinister Strike as well then bring on the Sinister Strike. Not that I give a damn about Combat or about PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Rogue is definitely one of the hardest hit from the "spec fantasy > class fantasy" design. Sin rogue = dots & timer management. Outlaw = Pirate RNG. Subtlety = the purple spec. It's pretty bad right now.
    It is so dumbed down and terrible.

Shame on them. The people who created this deserve to feel terrible about the garbage work they have done.
    ClassFantasyTM and ability pruning are absolute garbage & designed specifically for paintlickers

the saddest thing is that we still have a year left of this shit..

[QUOTE=Maudib;50854909]That's the whole point... that there are FOUR levels of difficulty for raiding. That is plain stupid. I understand WHAT they are trying to achieve... no player left behind and all that... but it completely undermines the value of raiding.
    /QUOTE]

I don't think so. It is content. Its value is in its ability to entertain players. If you disagree, I like hear what you see as the value raiding.

Making it accessible lower its prestige to some. But that is personal thing. It is an ego thing. That is a different.