Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Why does she choose to be a Hindu... All that cyclical cosmology and rebirth crap makes me want to barf.
    It's not worse than any other religion.

Honestly I don't mind what someone's religion is so long as they aren't preachy or use it as a reason to pass laws that don't affect people who aren't part of that religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's not worse than any other religion.

Honestly I don't mind what someone's religion is so long as they aren't preachy or use it as a reason to pass laws that don't affect people who aren't part of that religion.
    But she's suppose to hold progressive ideals yet practices a religion based on a two thousand year old fairytale. I call that zero progress.

But she's suppose to hold progressive ideals yet practices a religion based on a two thousand year old fairytale. I call that zero progress.
    This is about as limp as gotchas get

Are you also holding the rest of the candidates to the same standard? I bet that if I look into their careers, almost each of them come as religious or at least pandering to religious people, like Obama and Trump.

I think this is a flaw with the US, where the atheists are one of the most discriminated against groups and pretty much unelectable. If this gets fixed, candidates might be more forthcoming about their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

In general, religion is far too pampered, protected and defended. Even here on these forums, just posting about it is a gamble, and people with clear progressive views jump to defend it, which to me looks pretty silly. Even though I have a lot more to say about the subject, guess I'll just stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    This is about as limp as gotchas get
    Hmm I fully accept I need to work on my angstheism. I can improve it.

@CryotriX
    I think all religions are the worst. Trump is okay though, I'm 99% sure he does not practice Christianity. Except in a tokenized way.

Hmm I fully accept I need to work on my angstheism. I can improve it.

@CryotriX
    I think all religions are the worst. Trump is okay though, I'm 99% sure he does not practice Christianity. Except in a tokenized way.
    That's really bad, because he's enabling some of the worst elements, the type that want to push us into an apocalyptic war hoping that it will result in a Messiah. And it's lying and deceiving too.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    That's really bad, because he's enabling some of the worst elements, the type that want to push us into an apocalyptic war hoping that it will result in a Messiah. And it's lying and deceiving too.
    Huh? I don't think Trump is concerned with any of that. He just brings out his Bible to get Christian votes, not necesarilly because he believes in the prophecies.

There is nothing anti-progressive about practicing a religion and it's just the opposite to judge those that do.

There is nothing anti-progressive about practicing a religion and it's just the opposite to judge those that do.
    Yes it is anti-progressive because it wastes time on spiritual garbage. Go to some slums in India, there's literally homeless people who freeze at night outside of warm Hindu temples because they believe it's sacrilege to do anything but pray in temples...

Yes it is anti-progressive because it wastes time on spiritual garbage. Go to some slums in India, there's literally homeless people who freeze at night outside of warm Hindu temples because they believe it's sacrilege to do anything but pray in temples...
    I find it a bit odd that you are soo fixated on one part of her that she doesn't even flaunt.

I wouldn't care if she was a Muslim candidate. A religion doesn't define a person anymore than their parents. If you got an issue with a policy of hers, some votes, or legislation she signed onto we can have a discussion. What you are spouting is nothing more than blind bigotry. Which as I stated is the exact opposite of being a progressive.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2019-02-28 at 05:51 AM.

I find it a bit odd that you are soo fixated on one part of her that she doesn't even flaunt.

I wouldn't care if she was a Muslim candidate. A religion doesn't define a person anymore than their parents. If you got an issue with a policy of hers, some votes, or legislation she signed onto we can have a discussion. What you are spouting is nothing more than blind bigotry. Which as I stated is the exact opposite of being a progressive.
    Christian politicians get mocked so it's only fair that Muslims and Hindus get the same treatment. All I'm asking is she renounce her religion because in my view that would make her a stronger candidate.

Christian politicians get mocked so it's only fair that Muslims and Hindus get the same treatment. All I'm asking is she renounce her religion because in my view that would make her a stronger candidate.
    But her religion can bring her the non-christian vote. By your logic, she can be doing it for expedience and that would be OK.

Tulsi is OK in my book. If I were to vote in the 2020 US election, unless something unexpected happens, I would vote for her. Her religion is her personal matter, and as long as she does not go enforcing it on others, I am totally ok with that. Speaking of religions, some of the other candidates (and past US presidents) might as well be satanic worshipers judging from their actions. Yet they were elected into office or are going to try to get there, while proclaiming christian religion.
    But, since I am not a US citizen, it does not matter. Just pointing out that from a European perspective, Tulsi seems like a person saner than most (if not all other candidates), while having a backbone at the same time. One could easily work with someone like that.

Christian politicians get mocked so it's only fair that Muslims and Hindus get the same treatment.
    Are you for real with this comment?

Christianity has been incrementally baked into the fiber of America. People think it's a lie when you explain that "in god we trust" wasn't always on our money or that "one nation under god" wasn't always in our pledge of allegiance.

Please spare us the opening salvos of some delusion-infused "war on Christianity" argument.

All I'm asking is she renounce her religion because in my view that would make her a stronger candidate.
    Unless you ask the same of all candidates, you are just being disingenuous.

Huh? I don't think Trump is concerned with any of that. He just brings out his Bible to get Christian votes, not necesarilly because he believes in the prophecies.
    At this point you're either baiting&derailing or so uninformed that you should first google things like "Cyrus/Trump/coin/Jerusalem/evangelicals/Zionism/temple mount" and read on all of it so you can properly understand the context.

Again, Trump is pandering to the worst elements in 2 religions, and they love it and back him up regardless of him being fake simply because he advances their agenda. There is no telling how severe the reactions to what Trump has already done in ME will be, and if he is allowed to do even worse, I shudder to think of the repercussions.

His honesty is irrelevant. What matters is what he does.

I feel like this needs its own thread, but I'm on my lunch break so I'll just leave it here.

This is why I support Tulsi Gabbard. She as the best foreign policy stances. IMO

*checks date* lol

The Unstoppable Force
    Christian politicians only get mocked when they keep talking about god and Jesus wanting them to do things and stuff like that. Other than that no one really gives a shit except the religious right.

She can practice whatever religion she wants, it doesn't matter, unless she starts spouting off about it all the time.

Tulsi did great and from a lot of the comments, it seems the smear tactics don't hold up when people see her speak for herself.

Tulsi did great and from a lot of the comments, it seems the smear tactics don't hold up when people see her speak for herself.

[...]
    Saw that, she did exceptionally well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.