Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Weren't most of these studios already in bad places when bought by EA? I know people love to hate on EA, but some of it is just ridiculous.
    I would sympathise with this if it were not for the fact that EA seems to have a habit of taking the creative direction of games and turning it into a "more money for me, no matter what" franchise basically giving a massive middle finger to the playerbase.

Westwood: C&C3/Kanes/ and even generals I think. Not my favourites but solid titles in the franchise - released under EA. What happened?

Maxis: Sim city 4 is imo the best of all the sim cities. Released under EA.

Then they BURIED these guys.

The Syndicate re release for Bullfrog was an atrocious use of the IP imo. Just a Deus ex weaksauce copy.

I believe this is referred to as "oil drilling" by some. It is a business plan. You cannot really claim people have no right to be pissed at EA for annihilating some of the most loved franchises and studios ever systematically.

I also love the way they tried necromancy on the victory games studio for a while by calling it Bioware Victory. Just so everyone knows exactly how they feel about these labels.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is some good news at least:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/command-a...rmath#imagebox

(they did cancel generals for a mobile phone game)