Grong + Splitting Ice

Is it just me or cant you cleave off on both adds on grong mythic with splitting ice as alliance?
    it seems the adds on horde spawn much closer next to each other. there splitting ice seem to work. on alliance though they seem to spawn way more apart from each other. at least for me they were out of splitting ice range.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    Is it just me or cant you cleave off on both adds on grong mythic with splitting ice as alliance?
    it seems the adds on horde spawn much closer next to each other. there splitting ice seem to work. on alliance though they seem to spawn way more apart from each other. at least for me they were out of splitting ice range.
    Maybe they just want to avoid the damaging mechanic

Grong is supposed to be slightly harder for Alliance isn't he?

Just like the alliance have a shorter maze for Jadefire.

as H i think you get 1-2 cleaveable adds, i dont rememeber entirely, so no use CmS

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Grong is supposed to be slightly harder for Alliance isn't he?

Just like the alliance have a shorter maze for Jadefire.
    Shorter but wider, but then again that means lock gate and abilities to get past the rings are more effective.

But ally does get a fun little los pillar in the middle of the room.

Even as horde, mob spawning location determines if you can cleave or not. Really wish they could make Splitting Ice a bit less frustrating to use.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

I use CmS personally.

I've seen some people running SI, but I really don't see the benefit.

as horde the mobs often spawn close enough for splitting ice to work
    as alliance there is not a single spawn location from the mobs, that allow splitting ice, hence cms is theoretically always better as alliance on grong

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I use CmS personally.

I've seen some people running SI, but I really don't see the benefit.
    The benefit is pretty clear, all the top logs are horde and are splitting ice.

However, you want the second add to die slower so that you don't have to carry the orb for very long (on mythic) because it chunks health while waiting for the combo and 50+ energy.

So if you don't care about logs (lol) then it's fine because cleaving the adds down together is not required for the fight mechanics.

I use Cms, SI doesn't work at all on alliance