Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What is the point of time gating world first guilds for an entire week with an artificial difficulty of numbers tuning?

These are the best players in the world and should be able to clear these raids in the first week. Their skill levels are so superior that they should be able to overcome any obstacles in the first week. How does it make any sense that a guild like Method would need at least 1 week to kill 1 boss?

M Jaina's tuning has been incredibly disappointing and I hope that we don't see a repeat in the M Azshara encounter.
    Jaina isn't overtuned. The first 8 bosses are undertuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Method and similar guilds have months of gear with how much they split, so saying just 1 week of gear is wrong. Jaina is going to be nerfed, in a couple of months, when blizzard wants more people to actually get a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn `t overtuned - just all other bosses were kinda undertuned. 300-400 wipes for a wf guild on the last boss have become pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    It isn `t overtuned - just all other bosses were kinda undertuned. 300-400 wipes for a wf guild on the last boss have become pretty normal.
    I agree with this guy.

Even the world best raiders should farm better gear when they can't kill a boss, but I agree that the tuning between Jaina and the eight other bosses is not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartakan View Post
    Method and similar guilds have months of gear with how much they split, so saying just 1 week of gear is wrong. Jaina is going to be nerfed, in a couple of months, when blizzard wants more people to actually get a kill.
    They have 1 week worth of mythic gear and even less on some of the chars they are using on Jaina. What they actually have is weeks or months worth of tries compared to a regular 12h guild. The big difference is that when that guild reaches Jaina they will be decked in almost full mythic gear, as you are supposed to when facing the final boss of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What is the point of time gating world first guilds for an entire week with an artificial difficulty of numbers tuning?

These are the best players in the world and should be able to clear these raids in the first week. Their skill levels are so superior that they should be able to overcome any obstacles in the first week. How does it make any sense that a guild like Method would need at least 1 week to kill 1 boss?

M Jaina's tuning has been incredibly disappointing and I hope that we don't see a repeat in the M Azshara encounter.
    its not that jaina is mistuned, its that the rest of the raid is heavily undertuned

The tuning is actually really good on jaina mythic imo

Probably because she drops a gorgeous mount xD.

Literally same thread every race, one half of the community babyraging that it's too easy, the other half babyraging that it's too hard.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it mistuned though? Surely it's not meant to be beaten by a group wearing little to no current tier mythic gear. Fact is that some guilds are just good enough to pull it off anyway, Method are at what 9% or something? That feels fine imo. If anything the raid feels pretty undertuned considering how fast they all got to Jaina.

What seems to be misstuned is the difficulty of the other encounters. Did we ever have 30 guilds within the first week to reach the final boss of the raid?
    It just looks like the endboss is overtuned and the other bosses are undertuned relative to each other. Probably just to prevent the world first race to be over within a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Probably because she drops a gorgeous mount xD.
    lol. is it another ship?

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    More on topic, it doesn't matter how many attempts it takes for these guilds to finish this. Especially for Method, the longer, the better. Because they make money from this event, and the longer it lasts, the more money they will make.
    I don't think this is precisely true. Viewers tend to fall off during the longhaul wipefests and peak at the beginning of their attempts. I think a lot of people tend to start watching once they start farming bosses, too, as they get to see more practical strategies than can be easily replicated in less serious guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol. is it another ship?
    No it's another fugly elemental mount.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    lol. is it another ship?
    It's a water/frozen elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    heck their best try right now is 9.9%? and they still have a whole day of raiding left. they might just make it within the week.
    They are not consistently getting to that percentage though. They are still wiping on the ship. The fight is heavily on mechanics and is punishing if even one person fucks up. No way they clear it

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Jaina isn't overtuned. The first 8 bosses are undertuned.
    Basically this, my guild is sitting right now at 22% mekkatorque first week (we couldn't even get doggy on Uldir first week). Main problem is every boss hardly differ from HC:
    1st boss: It has so little HP you only need 3-4 interrupts, any guild can do that.
    Grong: HC with 2 adds instead of 1
    Jadefire: HC with 3 balls and DPS check on barriers and easy as fuck minigame.
    Opulence: HC with swap mechanic (that even makes you invulnerable for 10 secs if you stand still)
    Conclave: HC with a debuff.
    Rastakhan: HC with bwonsamdi DPS check and bigger AoE range.
    Mekkatorque: HC with dispels and knockups (you build your raid around this so it doesn't really matter). I guess there is a big guy that can't move too.
    Can't really talk for blockade since i din't even tried it once, but as far as i know the strategy is let the boss cast past certain % so they do nothing an P2 kill sirens / cheese voltaic flash in a certain spot, also stack bloods for 90% slow and ranged/dotters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The longer this goes on the better for Method and their streaming money. Up to a point of course but just over a week is not too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.4% wiperino... basically reset gear would mean sure kill. Heck maybe Method will actually kill it today if RNG blesses them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    This is the table I have for myself as there are odd regional differences to the standard N/H/M difficulties:

unsure the origin of this one
    NM normal mode
    HM heroic mode
    MM mythic mode

I think this is german related or some weird EU realm that started this trend
    NHC non-heroic
    HC heroic
    M mythic I guess though the "NHC" is probably pre-mythic era
    Thanks for this. This abbreviation system feels so damn clunky it's unbelievable. My mind always registers NHC as normal/heroic mode (as in, one or the other) and HM as Highmaul. The rest I can live with, but it's the first time I hear about MM for mythic mode. May as well call it VHMFVGP, very hard mode for very good players.