Can we talk about Explosive Potential?

So this week I obtained 2 Explosive potential traits and my ilevel is 402.

With only 2 traits stacked, it adds over 1400 haste and is very easy to keep 100% uptime. With 3 traits this will be around 2500 haste.

When my Crest of Paku trinket and Quick Nav procs, I was at 50% haste. I'm really loving this playstyle for demo

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...owmoon/hayduke

its a "3 or none" kind of trait because as soon as you get 1 you force yourself into the play style, so the more of them you have the more efficient the single target implodes will be. I have 3x 415 and get a 2.5k buff, it's basically like a permalust
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2019-02-06 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    its a "3 or none" kind of trait because as soon as you get 1 you force yourself into the play style, so the more of them you have the more efficient the single target implodes will be
    That is the goal. I've been unlucky with chest drops off the first BoD boss

Enjoy it while it lasts, because there's no way the trait isn't getting nerfed. Which is sad, because the playstyle is fun, which is a first in a long time for demo.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts, because there's no way the trait isn't getting nerfed. Which is sad, because the playstyle is fun, which is a first in a long time for demo.
    I hope not. It's whats keeping demo somewhat competitive!

As Overpowered EP is compared to the other traits. I really hope they don't nerf it. It just feels so nice having a constant blood lust. I'd rather they just buff other traits to make them more competitive than nerf EP, but yeah I'm not expecting it to last much longer
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Explosive Potential When your Implosion consumes 3 or more Imps, gain 142 92 Haste for 15 sec.
    In actual numbers it goes from 700 to 500
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290477/...ri-racial-nerf

uh oh
    Last edited by f4ncybear; 2019-03-01 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    As Overpowered EP is compared to the other traits. I really hope they don't nerf it. It just feels so nice having a constant blood lust. I'd rather they just buff other traits to make them more competitive than nerf EP, but yeah I'm not expecting it to last much longer
    Agree, its the same with flashpoint for destro. I think with this high haste level they finally found a way to make up for the lack of mobility locks have and make the turret playstyle enjoyable. When azerite goes away these things should become passives for the specs.

I wonder how big the nerf to EP will be. I mean you're going from 2100 haste to 1500 haste. So not perma lust but still a huge amount of uptime. I have flashpoint x2 on my destro set and it feels amazing. But Destro is also evenly balanced for my haste set (1324h and 1297m). I'm sure it may still be viable, and you wont notice the change in M+ probably, but I think in raid formats its going to lower our overall damage for sure but I wonder by how much.

I'm also afraid that once AZ traits are dead, demo will once again be a dead spec if they don't add some sort of system that adds the traits to your spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal87 View Post
    I wonder how big the nerf to EP will be. I mean you're going from 2100 haste to 1500 haste. So not perma lust but still a huge amount of uptime. I have flashpoint x2 on my destro set and it feels amazing. But Destro is also evenly balanced for my haste set (1324h and 1297m). I'm sure it may still be viable, and you wont notice the change in M+ probably, but I think in raid formats its going to lower our overall damage for sure but I wonder by how much.

I'm also afraid that once AZ traits are dead, demo will once again be a dead spec if they don't add some sort of system that adds the traits to your spells.
    They're fixing the consumption/felguard bugs as well. The spec will be far worse than aff/destro after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal87 View Post

With the most up to date changes on the 8.1.5 PTR - We're looking at ~15% nerf overall to our ST damage according to the guys who manage the class discord and simcraft APLs for warlocks.

Last time I saw only about half of that nerf is from the trait change though. There are also 2 bug fixes that have been done which make up the rest.

Anyhow, we will find out soon how it all pans out.

Isn't this essentially turning the spec into an Inquisition/Savage roar game play? I'm curious what do people enjoy about it because I'm not sure I actually do but 15% haste is pretty massive and obviously far better than everything else. It might or might not get nerfed to oblivion / changed.

I'm not saying weather its good or bad thing to try and explode imps as they expire but essentially the game play is you have to keep EP up 100%.

There are traits that people stack like Furious gaze that just happen automatically but I guess the argument is that it doesn't require the same amount of skill involved. I guess comparing the two types of traits, the developers are trying to keep some "variety" in game play instead of going completely copy pasta but obviously this tier its all about getting your 3x haste trait :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aurange View Post
    Isn't this essentially turning the spec into an Inquisition/Savage roar game play? I'm curious what do people enjoy about it because I'm not sure I actually do but 15% haste is pretty massive and obviously far better than everything else. It might or might not get nerfed to oblivion / changed.

I'm not saying weather its good or bad thing to try and explode imps as they expire but essentially the game play is you have to keep EP up 100%.

There are traits that people stack like Furious gaze that just happen automatically but I guess the argument is that it doesn't require the same amount of skill involved. I guess comparing the two types of traits, the developers are trying to keep some "variety" in game play instead of going completely copy pasta but obviously this tier its all about getting your 3x haste trait :/
    The nerf is probably warranted. As for variety, its hard to beat speeding up a class revolving around slow hard casts.

For the "fun" factor, I'd rather have a damage nerf and keep the haste/lower cast times. Maybe its adult ADD, but I like fast rotations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EP haste nerf itself isn't even bad (8% overall I think), but the fact they will fix the felguard haste doubledipping bug that makes it spam Legion Strikes, as well as the DCon Tyrant => Implosion bug that should not be happening that provides Tyrant with a full duration worth of minigun casting speed, place the nerf at around 16%, which should bring it in line with middle of the pack.

Being middle of the pack isn't bad at all, HOWEVER, the fact that the demo meta right now is pretty niche that specializes in only 2 scenarios, godlike single target with short but powerful cooldowns and godlike sustained aoe, when most fights are switch-target heavy or multidot related, a.k.a. things that affliction and destruction excel at, should bring demo to the junkpile. It's not gonna be bad, but the alternatives are gonna be much better in those scenarios.

TL;DR: pessimistic about demo in the future, however demo always finds a way to be good. Just wait till you can get more haste in future patches as gear progresses and we might return to glory.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-03 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will still be good in M+ and solo content after the patch, but will be terrible for raiding. About the same as it was before.