Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly do wanna switch to f14 but I keep getting bored as I lv my pugilist think it’s around 39
    Even thou i played off and on since the very first beta

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Didn't mean for it to come off as bashing your opinion, apologies if it came off that way.

I'm somewhat of a Lore hound and it just infuriates me as to how Blizzard splits their lore all over hell and creation, if not outright changing it later because reasons.

I don't really touch PvP enough to be able to fairly say yes or no, but it is certainly different from that of WoWs PvP scene.
    i loathe all pvp from mmorpg's i felt guildwars 1 did it great, pvp altered skills from pve, many problems fixed, it was also very group required, allied battles were cool.

Yeah i dislike all the extra bullshit Blizzard throws out and i rely on places to condense it on youtube otherwise i would go without but for the most part they only retcon and make silly story lines.. well writing overall has fallen imo.

I may end up playing FFXIV again depends how long i'm waiting on flying heirlooms and allied races.. if i didn't have the love event i might had stopped at 8.1 when it ended up being lackluster lol

(I do think they could use some more end game stuff, i spent most my time doing hunts flying around i found that fun.. but its not a long term inbetween leveling)
    Last edited by Mayia; 2019-02-23 at 02:04 AM.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made the jump from WoW to FF.. Apparently choosing Black Mage as the first class I level is not a common choice given the relative complexity of the class mechanics. That said, I find the attention intensive nature of the class to be rather fun overall. Though I am only level 51. Will be interesting to see how things look at level cap. I have done reading on how the level 80 rotation works, and it is impressively involved. Looking forward to seeing if I can pull it off. If not, I can put more effort into ARC/Bard that I have been leveling on the side.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Zepla, a content creator who shifted from WoW to FFXIV, also made a few really good videos about why she transitioned and what to expect when doing so.

FFXIV story is more mature, as Blizzard makes kids' games above anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows how to convert free trial client into subscription client? I really can't download another 50GB, too much wasted time.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Anyone knows how to convert free trial client into subscription client? I really can't download another 50GB, too much wasted time.

I think you do so within the Mogstation, should be a 'transfer to full game' option.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    About genocide.

Blizzard doesn’t have an audience anymore aside from themselves. The story has been masturbatory garbage for years.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I agree that the storytelling is better, but Warcraft has always dealt with some pretty horrible stuff.

BC was about an endless demon army that wants to annihilate all reality.
    The Lich King wanted to forcibly turn every powerful person on Azeroth into his slave for his slave army.
    Cataclysm was a worldwide disaster that sparked a gigantic race and faction war. Garrosh wanted to genocide an entire race
    MoP was about the two most powerful Azerothian factions waging a proxy war on a foreign soil devastating the continent
    WoD was about the systemic attempted annihilation of the entire Draenei species and then invading and enslaving Azeroth.
    Legion was BC 2.0
    BfA was another proxy war except on two continents, same old Night Elf genocide bit but actually succeeded
    And Shadowlands is let's just unmake reality.

I think the word used shouldn't be 'more mature,' but rather more nuanced. There are a lot of ACTUALLY grey (not Blizzard grey) villains and anti-hero whose motivations you totally can understand even if you disagree with. Of course there are also cartoonish evil villains just like WoW, the Weapon storyline from Shadowlands comes to mind with that one (Although they deliver the feels in another way in that story very effectively).
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-07-23 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's not derail into "game vs. game" rhetoric and arguments, keep this thread topical in terms of helping WoW players adapt to FFXIV.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-23 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Removed Due to Warning Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I resubed a few days ago with my toon at like 29. Have no idea where to go or what to do now lol. Quest logs full of shit to do but just getting back into it after 3 or so years if not more is bleh lol. Thinking of just doing the level and story skip to start over fresh on new content (or newer content). If you buy a story skip, does it skip you to the newest xpack or will it start me at the first xpack (Heavensward?).
    Personally I would recommend a new character on a preferred server. That way you could easily level 2 jobs with the MSQ because of the Road to 70 buff which doubles exp. Unfortunately, last I checked there were no preferred servers due to the crazy amount of interest in the game right now. Basically all servers have queue times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I think you do so within the Mogstation, should be a 'transfer to full game' option.
    That only converted my account to standard/full account. The game client remained the free trial client and could not be used to login anymore. Well anyways, I have downloaded the whole client overnight, thankfully my ISP did not throttle my speed because of too much nonstop download.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.