Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They dude had admitted that he made a mistake in the way he felt, acknowledge the problem and changed himself and people want to come at him with pitchforks. Just another day in manufactured internet rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No it was because he was black he made that point clear otherwise he would have omitted the race himself. He didn’t because race was a factor and why he brought it up.

Promoting a free film and his white privilege made him think it was alright.

If this was now and he said MAGA Hat the same people asking what’s the big deal would sing a different tune.
    White Privilege is a racist term and should be banned from this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Blaming a whole race for the actions of one man is pretty racist.

But he's matured and I'm sure he wouldn't do the same thing today.
    I’m sure he’d do it again there’s no read to believe he wouldn’t.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

When Liam was younger

People learn. Especially from mistakes. And then they change.

Can't say that I know if he did, but you shouldn't so easily judge people for what they have done in the far past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They dude had admitted that he made a mistake in the way he felt, acknowledge the problem and changed himself and people want to come at him with pitchforks. Just another day in manufactured internet rage.

- - - Updated - - -

White Privilege is a racist term and should be banned from this site.
    Nope and your hand waving is a perfect example of it.

I can't wait to see his new movie, Saturday. And what kind of story is this? "Guy gets angry and does something stupid after sister is raped. The end."

Hopefully righteous Twitter users can show their virtue by shitting all over his social media accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    When Liam was younger

People learn. Especially from mistakes. And then they change.

Can't say that I know if he did, but you shouldn't so easily judge people for what they have done in the far past.
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I’m sure he’d do it again there’s no read to believe he wouldn’t.
    Other than the fact that he said he was ashamed about it?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the point was not about my friend it was about the contrast of action. The fact you didn’t respond to the argument is deflection.
    It was an emotional argument, I'm not telling you how to feel, I don't care.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    No it was because he was black he made that point clear otherwise he would have omitted the race himself. He didn’t because race was a factor and why he brought it up.

Promoting a free film and his white privilege made him think it was alright.

If this was now and he said MAGA Hat the same people asking what’s the big deal would sing a different tune.
    I'm not entirely sure how your first phrase is any different from what I said.

Liam is told the rapist was black, so, being enraged, he chooses to dish it out on someone - black - that comes up to him to start trouble.
    To ascribe racial prejudice to that decision is your choice, which someone people, including myself say is wrong.

What? No. You've only replaced "black" with "individual wearing MAGA hat". So Liam would be going after anyone wearing a MAGA Hat, which means that you would be saying that Liam was being racist towards white people. That is the predominant race of MAGA hat users isn't it? Or is that assumption racist too?

Oh christ.... white privilege...really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    But the fact - because yes that is a fact, we know that much - that he tried to get into a fight with random black people was not motivated by racial prejudice, but out of the fact that the rape victim identified the rapist as being black.

Therefore, Liam in a moment of rage and consequential loss of control wanted to dish his rage out on the first black person that would stick it to his face.

- - - Updated - - -

Substantiate the claim that this is a marketing ploy.
    He has a movie coming out about revenge that’s why he was doing press. It’s part of his job and work.

Meh, dumb thing a kid would do which is what he was at the time. He’s grown up and changed and even bothered to bring this up in the first place for fuck knows what reason. I don’t see the issue here.

Because Liam Neeson said so. The same guy who convinced and convicted some random black guy but couldn’t find any. Yeah and no.
    I think you have missed the entire point of this, or you only heard that he was looking for a black man to kick the crap out of.

He was talking about how letting your irrational, basic instincts take over is never a good idea. He wanted to find the person that raped his friend, and the only real identifier he had was that it was a black person. In the extreme anger of having a loved one assaulted people do really stupid stuff. That was the point of his story.

This is not a sign of racism, especially because he shows regret afterward. You identifying him as a racist because of this incident, which apparently happened probably before you were even born, shows one of the real problems of society: not willing to forgive and forever shaming someone for a stupid act years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.
    Holy crap, this just in. People are immutable beings.

Once a racist, always a racist.

Well, MallSecurity, never change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely sure how your first phrase is any different from what I said.

Liam is told the rapist was black, so, being enraged, he chooses to dish it out on someone - black - that comes up to him to start trouble.
    To ascribe racial prejudice to that decision is your choice, which someone people, including myself say is wrong.

What? No. You've only replaced "black" with "individual wearing MAGA hat". So Liam would be going after anyone wearing a MAGA Hat, which means that you would be saying that Liam was being racist towards white people. That is the predominant race of MAGA hat users isn't it? Or is that assumption racist too?

Oh christ.... white privilege...really?
    No he asked what color he was. He mentioned what color he was in the story. Not a lesson about vigilantism but about racism

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I think you have missed the entire point of this, or you only heard that he was looking for a black man to kick the crap out of.

He was talking about how letting your irrational, basic instincts take over is never a good idea. He wanted to find the person that raped his friend, and the only real identifier he had was that it was a black person. In the extreme anger of having a loved one assaulted people do really stupid stuff. That was the point of his story.

This is not a sign of racism, especially because he shows regret afterward. You identifying him as a racist because of this incident, which apparently happened probably before you were even born, shows one of the real problems of society: not willing to forgive and forever shaming someone for a stupid act years ago.

No he was talking about being a racist and said it was 40 years ago for a movie. Simple as that

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a movie coming out about revenge that’s why he was doing press. It’s part of his job and work.
    None of that is a lie.

However given the sensitive nature of the subject, he chose to substantiate the point on revenge with his story.

What you're doing is being fueled by your depreciation of him as a racist to further delegitimize him with the claim that he only said it to try and sell the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

No he asked what color he was. He mentioned what color he was in the story. Not a lesson about vigilantism but about racism

- - - Updated - - -

No he was talking about being a racist and said it was 40 years ago for a movie. Simple as that
    You're hopeless...

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, this just in. People are immutable beings.

Once a racist, always a racist.

Well, MallSecurity, never change.
    Yeah people don’t just change just because and by his actions of telling this story the way he did to sell a movie proves he didn’t. Glad you’re all clear on that.

Oh, wow. Someone who got famous for playing a Nazi, is a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Here we fucking go "white privilege".
    Agreed.
    Using that term is racism in itself.

Let's just ignore all the disenfranchised, struggling white people and let a small percentage born with silver spoons up their ass represent us all!

15+ Year Old Account

Wow what a miserable excuse for a human being you are to really think this.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Oh, wow. Someone who got famous for playing a Nazi, is a Nazi.
    I always knew him most as Schindler...<.<