Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    If you were not stupid you would know that commercial was objectively bad regardless of your political leaning and you wouldn't have made that post. I guess you enjoy making a fool of yourself.
    So... It's healthy and perfectly normal to get upset over bad commercials?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were not stupid you would know that commercial was objectively bad regardless of your political leaning and you wouldn't have made that post. I guess you enjoy making a fool of yourself.
    I didn't care about that commercial. If it weren't for the outrage, I wouldn't have even bothered, because it's just a goddamned razor commercial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Imagine actually believing that isn't what's happening on a regular basis with pop culture.
    It's not my fault you guys over react to that shit.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They really aught to make a Trump megathread and just direct everyone who wants to talk about him there.

The politics/general off topic section is filled with threads abhorring or praising him. As a non-American it’s pretty tiring, I mostly used the off topic threads to see what was going on internationally, but when just about every thread was about trump and how close he is to building his wall and/or being impeached for the last three years, I stopped bothering.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And I'm saying then push for it to be. And I'm saying that I'm gladly in favor for it to be. Which still seems to be just beyond your infant-like grasp of the world.
    Logic is still escaping you, entirely. Here, I found some crayons, let's see if walking you through it slowly works:

Mod closes Mega thread because it's "run it's course"
    Mega thread is still on front page. Still commented on hourly/daily.
    Why didn't mod close the other Mega threads that have already "run their course"?
    Other mega threads, still open, far back and uncommented on in days/weeks.
    Proof of bias towards the one thread.

Shout when the light bulb goes on for you. We're used to waiting awhile.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    When a subject stagnates, yes it needs to be put down. I just said that, but I know it's hard for you npcs to understand anything that CNN doesn't tell you to think.
    Do you (and other people) really not see how the npc meme doesn’t work? Your saying others a following a script but then people
    Just keep repeating the same things like bringing up cnn when it’s not relevent At all.

I'll break it down super simple for you. I explained the justification as to why there's a valid reason in shutting down the thread. As for the npc meme, it's very valid because it's amazingly accurate.
    If you’ve been paying attention (we all know you weren’t) I never even mentioned what my opinion on that thread being shut down is! Which in this case isn’t that big of a deal, just another example of a certain mod being terrible at his job, which is what the point of this thread is.

Amazingly accurate at showing how useless you are in a debate? You betcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Do you (and other people) really not see how the npc meme doesn’t work? Your saying others a following a script but then people
    Just keep repeating the same things like bringing up cnn when it’s not relevent At all.
    I mean, speaking in memes is probably the most NPC thing you can do. It's literally scripted.

FWIW: I’ve personally written the mods twice when he went on his infraction tyraids while leaving pro-Dump trollposts, shitposts and outright flaming posts totally uninfracted. I’m glad to say I’m planning on doing so thrice now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'll try this from another angle.

I have no power in closing a fucking thread, but being able to explain why one has is what I'm doing.
    Glad you finally understand the issue. The thread was closed because of bias, no other reason.

You're the pigeon in this chess match. knocking down the pieces and shitting on the board
    So do you agree that is what Thwart did? Knocking down the pieces and shitting on the board? It does seem an appropriate analogy for closing the 8 month old thread which will likely have major developments in it only a week from today.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post
    So do you agree that is what Thwart did? Knocking down the pieces and shitting on the board? It does seem an appropriate analogy for closing the thread while the 8 month old thread will likely have major developments in it only a week from today.
    Hell, there's daily new developments because the wall is a major part of the US government shutdown which is still under negotiation with avoiding another one.

My annoyance is that Thwart will often close the threads and go ban happy over dumb things but not actually ban the people that flamed and derailed it to the point closing it was "justified."
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I didn't care about that commercial. If it weren't for the outrage, I wouldn't have even bothered, because it's just a goddamned razor commercial.
    If it was a razor commercial it wouldn't be so bad. But it's not. It's really just a political message used to manipulate buyers because most men don't even buy their own razors. Their gf or wife or mom does, they're the ones influenced by commercials the most. And while they buy these men-changing razors they will also buy their pink razors which are the same product or of lesser quality but more expensive then complain about a pink taxe.

You don't even understand why people pointed out the fact that it's a bullshit commercial.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, speaking in memes is probably the most NPC thing you can do. It's literally scripted.
    It really has to be the worse meme any one could use. Just bringing it up means it applys more to who ever is using it then the person there talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So... It's healthy and perfectly normal to get upset over bad commercials?
    It's not a commercial, it's wannabe brainwashing by a company who also doesn't give a fuck about women or their customers in general.

It's normal to be upset about terrible things. It's not normal to be upset if someone calls you a man when you are in fact, a man.
    Last edited by Freshouttajail; 2019-02-08 at 07:01 PM.

This is going in circles. This is where I end our conversation (just like that thread was closed for going in circles.)
    Ban the people who keep derailing shit instead of closing the thread. It's the same people popping up in threads and turning stuff into flame wars and derailing. I can name a handful of people who cycle through alt accounts and do nothing but flame or bad faith post/derail threads on their accounts. They won't get banned until they finally get bored, say something extremely bad, then it often has to get taken up with a blue to get even that dealt with.

A few months ago, I had been called a mentally ill faggot that needs to kill themselves and it took PMing a damn blue to get the post deleted and person banned over a week later. The thread was closed, but the person and posts were left. Thwart came in and closed the topic, but it took a blue to ban the person even though the posts were reported.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2019-02-08 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Logic is still escaping you, entirely. Here, I found some crayons, let's see if walking you through it slowly works:

Mod closes Mega thread because it's "run it's course"
    That’s the part where I have a problem with the thread closing - because the thread has clearly NOT run its course as Dumbass Dump is STILL threatening to shut down the government again over the wall in a week or so when the suposed “Grace period” is up.

This wall shit is far from over, so the thread clearly hasn’t “run its course” yet.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is going in circles. This is where I end our conversation (just like that thread was closed for going in circles.)
    You should end it now that you understand the issue. Took long enough, but patience is a virtue, as they say. You should have ended it the first time I explained it to you.

It's not a commercial, it's wannabe brainwashing by a company who also doesn't give a fuck about women or their customers in general.
    If a company was trying to brainwash you with a commercial it would only be because Trump demonstrated how easy it is to make you fools believe just about anything.

The closing of the thread was clear BS. There's about a week to go for Trump's deadline and the ultimate fate of his ridiculous project. Stifling discussion just as things are headed for a climax can only come from somebody who can't see his Dear Leader lose. Right @Thwart? You never actually reply to these things you know, just hiding cowardly behind your mod powers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fine, lets give this a test run. Why don't you want the wall? And don't use a talking point from CNN.

First off I’ve litteraly have never watched cnn I don’t even know if I could in Canada so I don’t know any of there talking points.

Secondly I’m not actually against the wall I don’t care either way. I think the way trump presents it is stupid but other then that I don’t care if they put it up.