Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Are you really struggling that much to poke holes in dude's argument that you need to dig through past posts so that you can quote things out of context?
    No, I was reading the other thread and ran into something so ridiculous that it was also relevant in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not all bosses give azerite loot. You got SOME non azerite loot, right? So you're not loot locked. Even if you didn't, RNG is RNG and RNG can suck.
    Actually I'm fairly positive every single boss in BoD drops one azerite item for every armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Actually I'm fairly positive every single boss in BoD drops one azerite item for every armor class.
    You're right, I actually hadn't checked because I assumed that would be silly to have Head/Shoulder/Chest on every boss in the raid. With that said, it's still entirely possible to not get an azerite piece, especially if you're getting other items. It's just luck of the draw which you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Tradeable" is a separate feature. Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't trade items that are an upgrade for you even before PL became "mandatory".
    That is where you're wrong. Master Loot allowed you to trade everything with no conditions.

The scenario where that matters is in guilds. I will not be able to trade something that the game qualifies as an "upgrade" even if it's not really an upgrade, just higher ilvl. Guilds are teams. It's not as selfish as pugs. I would much rather trade an "upgrade" if it's more useful to somebody else. As a simple example: If I'm wearing a 410 piece and I get a 415 the upgrade is tiny for me (or none at all depending on the secondary stats), but maybe one of my guildies is wearing 385 on that slot. I would trade that instantly, but personal loot does not allow that to happen.

And it is not a separate feature because personal loot is now enforced. We can no longer choose to trade "upgrades".

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    General population of the game =/= general population of players who do PvE content.
    Around 1500 guilds have killed the first 3 bosses on mythic so that's around 35000 players. You don't have to be in the super elite top 1% to achieve that, WR 1500 guilds certainly don't play the game at a high level. The first three bosses are considered easy entry level bosses. The same amount of players have done a +15 key, which means +17s are also easy. Maybe not for your average LFR raider which is irrelevant because we were originally discussing the residuum prices from the vendor for ilvl 415 azerite gear. LFR and Normal mode raiders should be fine with ilvl 385 rewards, which you can get from WQ emissaries or from the azerite vendor.

I can't believe you're the same guy who's claiming mythic Jaina is an easy fight in another thread. A mythic end boss that only 6 guilds have managed to kill halfway into the second reset is easy but m+17 dungeons are not. The very same boss on which Method had 350 pulls and Limit 500 pulls is easy but dungeons that thousands of players have done are not. Can't make this shit up.
    I don't see the point of comparing first 3 mythic bosses number of players, to number of players that finished a +15. In both cases you are looking at an extremely narrow subset of the entire player base.

A better perspective would be how many players have done M+2 or higher. For purposes of an example, I took the 5% number (of frost mages) and multiplied by 20 to reach 1,277,400 unique players completed a +2 or higher. Using your 35k number, that gives us 2.75% of the player base completed a +15 or higher.

What you are trying to tell us all is that +15 is easy, yet less than 5% of the player base can do so. I could get on board with your assertion if 51% of the player base was completing +15.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been pretty disheartening in prog to see people get loot they don't need but it's bis for you but they can't trade it because item level penalty. They need to change this.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I don't see the point of comparing first 3 mythic bosses number of players, to number of players that finished a +15. In both cases you are looking at an extremely narrow subset of the entire player base.

A better perspective would be how many players have done M+2 or higher. For purposes of an example, I took the 5% number (of frost mages) and multiplied by 20 to reach 1,277,400 unique players completed a +2 or higher. Using your 35k number, that gives us 2.75% of the player base completed a +15 or higher.

What you are trying to tell us all is that +15 is easy, yet less than 5% of the player base can do so. I could get on board with your assertion if 51% of the player base was completing +15.
    Because that's the amount of players who participate in relevant PvE content at a reasonable level. The first three bosses are really easy even for low-end guilds so it makes for a great comparison. Of course similar to mythic raid bosses, +15s are not easy in the sense that someone who has never played the game before could do them effortlessly.

The original point of the discussion was about the residuum prices for 415 pieces. Someone who has once done a +2 dungeon (tuned for ~350 ilvl) shouldn't even dream about getting mythic raid level gear without putting in more effort. +15s or +17s are not supposed to be easy for green geared LFR players. They're easy for your average mythic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    That is where you're wrong. Master Loot allowed you to trade everything with no conditions.

The scenario where that matters is in guilds. I will not be able to trade something that the game qualifies as an "upgrade" even if it's not really an upgrade, just higher ilvl. Guilds are teams. It's not as selfish as pugs. I would much rather trade an "upgrade" if it's more useful to somebody else. As a simple example: If I'm wearing a 410 piece and I get a 415 the upgrade is tiny for me (or none at all depending on the secondary stats), but maybe one of my guildies is wearing 385 on that slot. I would trade that instantly, but personal loot does not allow that to happen.

And it is not a separate feature because personal loot is now enforced. We can no longer choose to trade "upgrades".
    And you're complaining about a feature that is completely separate from the "personal loot" feature. Just because both features act upon the same event (loot) doesn't mean that both are intrinsically linked together and that one cannot exist without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And you're complaining about a feature that is completely separate from the "personal loot" feature. Just because both features act upon the same event (loot) doesn't mean that both are intrinsically linked together and that one cannot exist without the other.
    Well they're not linked together in theory. You could make new rules to separate trading from looting. But in the current state of the game, they happen together, because there isn't any option to choose anything else.