Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What is your favorite quest-chain STORY in Classic?

Personally, I have always held In Dreams, the tale of Tirion Fordring and his son Taelan, as the best quest chain in WoW. It hit the notes on honor (lost and regained) and morality in a successful manner unlike the cringefest that is BfA.

The relics of wakening is always a fun one. Not so much for the actual quest itself. But due to how cramped the large underground cave is, and how many mobs there are. Always funny watching players defy all common sense and insist on going there before level 10.

Nesingwary has the best story driven quests in the game. He talks about how his family was murdered by jungle animals and that he was once like you. He came to StV to bring judgement upon the damned and to venture deep into forgotten lands.. To make you see wonders beyond imagining. But be warned, the land itself will rise up against you. Long forgotten terrors will smother your courage and you'll have to sacrifice everything, as the final darkness falls. In the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand, that you've been following in Nesingwary's footsteps all along. He tells the heroes to come in all their power and glory, because in the final hour, all must serve the one, true, jungle king!

I'd say the whole process towards Onyxia, was it not for the horrible back and forth crap.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I've always found the Defias stuff that ties in with Westfall, Redridge and Duskwood pretty cool. It all felt like all zones had their own problems and Stormwind wasn't doing much to help them out so they all had to fend for themselves.

Overall though I enjoyed how Vanilla didn't have very many "grand" quests. It just felt like you were helping little encampments here and there.

Everything leading to and including the Battle of Darrowshire stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Nesingwary has the best story driven quests in the game. He talks about how his family was murdered by jungle animals and that he was once like you. He came to StV to bring judgement upon the damned and to venture deep into forgotten lands.. To make you see wonders beyond imagining. But be warned, the land itself will rise up against you. Long forgotten terrors will smother your courage and you'll have to sacrifice everything, as the final darkness falls. In the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand, that you've been following in Nesingwary's footsteps all along. He tells the heroes to come in all their power and glory, because in the final hour, all must serve the one, true, jungle king!

I wholeheartedly love this n relics of wakening one is actually good

Definitely the one in Ashenvale where you and like 4 orc charged a citadel. Torek or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The defias brotherhood questline.

Shame it was incomplete. But I loved the mystery surrounding it and the plot against Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember many other ones, but I'd say The Missing Diplomat where you run around trying to find Varian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

You Are Rakh’likh, Demon. Horrible to find groups for the final bit though.

Also I liked the Battle for Darrowshire.

Linkin's Boom-a-rang.

Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills has a small'ish questline dedicated to concocting a new plague. We didn't get to see the payoff until Wrathgate, nearly 4 years later, but MAN was it worth it in the end.

Legend of stalvan
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion Fordring and his son.

Darrowhsire.

Defias Brotherhood.

Can't quite remember anything else worthwhile that stuck with me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I don't remember many other ones, but I'd say The Missing Diplomat where you run around trying to find Varian.
    Oh yeah, the Missing Diplomat. That was quite the search, if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I can't pick a single favorite. There were tons of memorable quest chains in Classic.

Platinum Discs of Norgannon

The Tirion Fordring quest where he finds out his son died

Legend of Stalvan

Reginald Windsor (the quests that ended with him exposing Katrana Prestor as Onyxia)

The Redpath stuff in EPL

The Defias stuff that leads up to VanCleef

The warrior quests where you go to Fray Island and learn berserker stance

Warrior quest chain to get your Whirlwind weapon

Fallen Hero of the Horde

The Badlands quest chain where you avenge Agmond's death by killing a bunch of troggs and their leader
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-02-11 at 07:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Echoing what others have said:
    - Onyixa attunement.
    - Westfall/defias chain up to Dead Mines / VanCleef.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Warlock mount quest.

Pre-Cata Darrowshire. It really highlights how much damage the Scourge did to Lordaeron and its people.

Class specific, I'd say the warlock epic mount.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-02-14 at 09:53 AM.