Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    My statement is completely valid, and I suspect you have little to no idea what you're talking about. Even with 100% uptime the trinket is worse than world quest trinkets, it's worse than world boss trinkets.

    There's nothing about that trinket that says "this should have a downside."

    I have the trinket (I was forced into using it because I got one from mythic) I know how to play with the trinket, it is not good enough to justify the down side, that's just reality.

    The trinket is literally like 6th-7th best for my class, and that's with 100% uptime. So if by "top tier" you mean 6-7th, maybe 8th best assuming perfect uptime? Sure.

    But that isn't the definition of "top tier" I use, and I doubt it's one anyone sane uses.
    You're obviously deluded or bad. Might want to take another look because it's a BiS trinket when you play well with ANY caster/healer.

    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_frost
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#druid_balance
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#priest_shadow
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#shaman_elemental
    #4: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_destruction
    #6: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_fire
    #6: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_demonology
    #7: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_affliction
    #9(only because of how Burst reliant Arcane is): https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_arcane

    and if you take out near impossible trinkets to obtain, like high IL World Boss or high IL WQ drops they all fall into top 1-4 for every spec. This is called a top tier trinket, just because you're a bad player doesn't mean that it's a bad trinket. To further this fact, if you look at rankings on logs, they show that the majority of the spec to spec base is running this trinket at a high end level, so the obvious answer is that you're just a bad player.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  2. #82
    Yeah I don't agree with that second post OP made. Just saw it now since it was quoted. I empathized with his frustration about the stacking strats (especially for late mythic bosses), but that's about it. It's totally fine that's not BiS for several fights. Just wish we had similarly powered alternatives in the raid. It's a wonder that the PVP on use ones haven't been brought down yet, or we get something from raid on that level. It's a vestige of old trinket design that largely doesn't exist in this xpac. You look at Balefire and at least it has a small drawback to it. Ignition Mage's Fuse small drawback is it ramps up very slowly over 20 seconds. (and both those are non-raid options, give us something like that from the raid) PVP trinket just works.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-02-17 at 07:42 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're obviously deluded or bad. Might want to take another look because it's a BiS trinket when you play well with ANY caster/healer.

    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_frost
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#druid_balance
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#priest_shadow
    #1: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#shaman_elemental
    #4: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_destruction
    #6: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_fire
    #6: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_demonology
    #7: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_affliction
    #9(only because of how Burst reliant Arcane is): https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#mage_arcane

    and if you take out near impossible trinkets to obtain, like high IL World Boss or high IL WQ drops they all fall into top 1-4 for every spec. This is called a top tier trinket, just because you're a bad player doesn't mean that it's a bad trinket. To further this fact, if you look at rankings on logs, they show that the majority of the spec to spec base is running this trinket at a high end level, so the obvious answer is that you're just a bad player.
    It's BIS for some specs assuming 100% uptime, which will not happen on most fights for most people.

    Also, I promise I'm better than you are at this game. The 4 rank 1 titles tell me that. You have no clue what you are talking about.

    The trinket being best (assuming 100% uptime) for 4 specs is not evidence of "top tier trinket." Maybe in whatever fantasy world you live in, not in the real world

    I suggest you go back to posting about wow lore and leave topics like this alone.This isn't even getting into the fact the trinket is not fun to play with, it's not interesting.

    I don't feel like dodging retards trying to screw my trinket during encounters.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-02-18 at 05:36 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's BIS for some specs assuming 100% uptime, which will not happen on most fights for most people.

    Also, I promise I'm better than you are at this game. The 4 rank 1 titles tell me that. You have no clue what you are talking about.

    The trinket being best (assuming 100% uptime) for 4 specs is not evidence of "top tier trinket." Maybe in whatever fantasy world you live in, not in the real world

    I suggest you go back to posting about wow lore and leave topics like this alone.This isn't even getting into the fact the trinket is not fun to play with, it's not interesting.

    I don't feel like dodging retards trying to screw my trinket during encounters.
    I mean you keep claiming that you're good with zero proof, yet the logs prove that this trinket is top tier regardless of your claims. Almost every top parse for almost every caster is using this trinket, that's a fact that you can very easily look up on warcraftlogs, which is "real world" not fantasy. So again, I guarantee you're just a trash player. I think you must be the person living in a fantasy world.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its a channel trinket... like many other cool trinkets before it you mean?
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but Grong is worthless, Smoldering Titanguard was only used to cheese Argus and wasn't fun, Archive of Faith was only useful in M+ and even then there were significantly better trinkets, and Glimmering Naaru Sliver was never used either so I'm not sure how you view these as "fun".
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-02-18 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  5. #85
    Trinkets need creative people to make them interesting.

    Here are my examples:
    trinket 1: 277 intellect - this trinket works well after shaking it. Jumping increases mastery by 300 for 12 seconds. stacks 3 times.
    trinket 2: 277 strength - Use: If no allies are within 5 yards of you. You gain 900 haste for 20 seconds. As the effect ends shatter an orb of power into 5 shards around you for your allies to pick up. shard of power: increases haste by 500 and movement speed by 200. 3m cooldown.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's BIS for some specs assuming 100% uptime, which will not happen on most fights for most people.

    Also, I promise I'm better than you are at this game. The 4 rank 1 titles tell me that. You have no clue what you are talking about.

    The trinket being best (assuming 100% uptime) for 4 specs is not evidence of "top tier trinket." Maybe in whatever fantasy world you live in, not in the real world

    I suggest you go back to posting about wow lore and leave topics like this alone.This isn't even getting into the fact the trinket is not fun to play with, it's not interesting.

    I don't feel like dodging retards trying to screw my trinket during encounters.
    You can be a good player while being useless at theorycrafting. Your titles, if they even exist, are meaningless.

    You claim trinkets to be better that are functionally unobtainable. That's irrelevant. Sliver is still very good at less than 100% uptime, and often the times where it drops below 10 stacks coincides with times where you can't do full damage anyway.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You can be a good player while being useless at theorycrafting. Your titles, if they even exist, are meaningless.

    You claim trinkets to be better that are functionally unobtainable. That's irrelevant. Sliver is still very good at less than 100% uptime, and often the times where it drops below 10 stacks coincides with times where you can't do full damage anyway.
    Except the trinket is mediocre and only really *good* assuming 100% uptime. The bottom line is the trinket is not fun to play with and from a design point of view is outright inferior to pretty much any other trinket in the game.

    This isn't about "theorycrafting" it's about objective reality. To this day I have never, and I mean never encountered a caster that likes this trinket or thinks the downside is even worth it.

    Either you have retards running at you, or you're forced into specific stack points for a bunch of different fights. The only conclusion I can come to for as to why so many people are trying to warp reality to such an extent this trinket is "top tier" and "totally fun to play with" is that there are some serious blizzard fanboys here hell bent on defending every absurdly stupid thing they do.

    As for the rest, that was in response to someone that likely clicks their skills trying to imply I just didn't know how to play with the trinket. I know how to play with it, the trinket is still mediocre and not good enough to justify the downside.

    It's literally blizzard and their obsession with making mediocre "themed" trinkets, that's the entire point of this. It's why we got the trash tier g'huun trinket, it's why we got the trash tier jaina trinket.

    At least sliver is usable, that doesn't mean it's "top tier" or fun.

    Acrid was a top tier and "fun" trinket. Sliver is not. Whispers in the dark was a top tier and "fun" trinket, and worth the downside. Sliver is not.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-02-19 at 05:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •