Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Exactly my point. If the CCP will kill peaceful protestors in such amounts, imagine what they will do to rebel/terrorist groups within their own country.

The only nation that gives China pause is the US, because we existentially threaten them. There is no Muslim nation of anywhere near sufficient power to do the same.
    the Arab Gulf Nations, the 5 small countries with Saudi Arabia can cripple China by simply quitting the oil, they are a threat too, but this issue seems to be not that important to risk doing that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_oil_imports

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_oil_exports

China is 2nd in imports.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Exactly my point. If the CCP will kill peaceful protestors in such amounts, imagine what they will do to rebel/terrorist groups within their own country.

The only nation that gives China pause is the US, because we existentially threaten them. There is no Muslim nation of anywhere near sufficient power to do the same.
    problem is, its not a threat they take well and conform to the US demands, its more like a big guy waking in on some one with little man syndrome, when ever the US has tried to push into a situation in china its only had the effect of making china double down to prove its not intimidated :/

its a no win situation, china dose something we find shitty, we the west tell them "hay stop thats shitty" and china just dose it twice as bad as if to say "you don't scare me" and "come at me brah" its the same as how north Korea respond and they don't even have viable nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    the Arab Gulf Nations, the 5 small countries with Saudi Arabia can cripple China by simply quitting the oil, they are a threat too, but this issue seems to be not that important to risk doing that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_oil_imports

China is 2nd in imports.
    china has the Gobi and a bunch of alternate sources if it needs them. its just cheaper atm to import from the middle east than build up there own infrastructure. and even if thats just a bluff, oil money is too important to regional stability in the middle east to risk losing your 2nd largest customer.

the black gold is a double edged sword. people that think Saudi and co can use it as a geopolitical chip forget that the ramifications of not selling to china are just as bad for them as it is for china.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    china has the Gobi and a bunch of alternate sources if it needs them. its just cheaper atm to import from the middle east than build up there own infrastructure. and even if thats just a bluff, oil money is too important to regional stability in the middle east to risk losing your 2nd largest customer.

the black gold is a double edged sword. people that think Saudi and co can use it as a geopolitical chip forget that the ramifications of not selling to china are just as bad for them as it is for china.
    Yeah very true, but then again, the Arabs didn't hesitate to swing the oil weapon back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

Japan
    Although lacking historical connections to the Middle East, Japan was the country most dependent on Arab oil. 71% of its imported oil came from the Middle East in 1970. On November 7, 1973, the Saudi and Kuwaiti governments declared Japan a "nonfriendly" country to encourage it to change its noninvolvement policy. It received a 5% production cut in December, causing a panic. On November 22, Japan issued a statement "asserting that Israel should withdraw from all of the 1967 territories, advocating Palestinian self-determination, and threatening to reconsider its policy toward Israel if Israel refused to accept these preconditions".[72] By December 25, Japan was considered an Arab-friendly state.
    it will wildly increase the price of oils, which is going to super effect China, and might be useful for the Arabs later, but it can be a political/economical suicide at the same time, but China can be swayed by the oil weapon if the Arabs needed that so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Yeah very true, but then again, the Arabs didn't hesitate to swing the oil weapon back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

it will wildly increase the price of oils, which is going to super effect China, and might be useful for the Arabs later, but it can be a political/economical suicide at the same time, but China can be swayed by the oil weapon if the Arabs needed that so bad.
    you have to remember that was 1973, the middle east was much more tightly controlled by a few select tyrants and military regimes that were propped up financial and with weapons via the USSR and the USA. they had the freedom from that to use oil as more leverage. nowadays the USSR is gone, the tyrants are mostly gone and the USA is in a down tick on involvement. oil $$$ is the only thing holding a lot of those country's together and they know it. the whole friendly/non-freindly discounts vanished with the end of the cold war, and they only ever worked on the smaller nations like japan. big consumers that made up a large proportion of the oil income like china is now and the USA were back then, were always immune because even Arabian tyrants know not to bite the hand that feeds too much.

turkey lecturing over human rights oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's actually really scary. When a nation, any nation, becomes so self-absorbed that they can't be told anything they don't want to hear by anyone else and simply dismiss it as "meddling."
    Well...It's not a uniquely Chinese trait to be honest. We in the US still have Guantanamo Bay despite of universal international condemnation, we pulled out of the Iran deal, invaded Iraq, renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries when the French protested too much, and on top of it all elected Donald J. Trump, the biggest "Fuck you! I do what I want!" we could have possible given to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sure..

But more interesting might be this website: https://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/chn/
    You have to play a bit around, but when you check the biggest Islamic countries you find that in the recent 5+ years China has dethroned many EU/US-countries.

Some comparisons with 2007 (before crisis):
    Nigeria imported 11% from China, now 28%.. Almost the same as Benelux, UK, France, Germany and USA together.
    In Turkey China overthrew Germany.
    China went strong in Egypt and nearly kicked out the US, they now send almost as much to Egypt as North and South America combined.
    They also went from 12% to 22% in Indonesia.
    "We" do not like it that China is kicking our asses all over the world in trade.

Deradicalisation is quite normal, we do it all over Europe.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41927937
    Seems like the UK themselves is sending kids to these programs.
    Your sources stink, they either don't have anything to do with the topic or are nothing but whataboutism. You try to spin the whole thing to fit your narrative but this topic isn't about Chinese trade with other nations it's about their actions toward their own citizen. These days it's about the Uighurs but there are many many other atrocious crimes the Chinese government inflict on its own population like the falun gong organ harvesting INFO and before you say it's propaganda the organisation is run by a bunch of old holocaust survivors, they don't hold power and don't seek it, they're just in it because of what happened to them.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to come of as credible by displaying a large list of information in the hopes people are not going to click on it and think you're credible? There are plenty of easily available and credible sources on the Uighur situation with just a quick google.

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Can people make their minds up? One day, muslims are an ethno-religious group and it's racism to oppose Islam because the believers are an ethno-religious group but now they're ethnically diverse and not a group?
    Perhaps ethnicity and nationality is not as clearly defined in reality as it is in the Estonian translation of Mein Kampf.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I've often wondered why the Muslim world is quiet when it comes to the Muslim Uighurs situation.

Why do you think this is?

So, Turkey, wanna talk about the Armenian genocide or...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    China is not Japan though. China has the means to fuck a lot more with those states than Japan does. They'd likely pull the same shit they're doing to Vietnam, bullying them around because they don't have the military power to oppose them.
    Last time China tried to invade Vietnam they got soundly beaten by the Vietnamese. China has zero combat experience and a deeply corrupt and backstabbing hierarchy of general put into their positions based on how much political power they have, not their actual ability. I wouldn’t put much stock in what it says it could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Last time China tried to invade Vietnam they got soundly beaten by the Vietnamese. China has zero combat experience and a deeply corrupt and backstabbing hierarchy of general put into their positions based on how much political power they have, not their actual ability. I wouldn’t put much stock in what it says it could do.
    Ok.

I guess if you don't pay attention to what is happening in the South China sea it makes sense to think they're not fucking with them to get what they want.

Meanwhile the Kurds...

meanwhile turkey jails people that talk agaisnt the goverment

I doubt you have read a single one of those.

This topic IS about Chinese trade because this trade is the sole reason this bullshit is so hot right now.
    China has been using this deradicalisation program for years! And only with the current economic war it's a hot topic.

The organ harvesting stories are nonsense too.
    Ironic how you're trying to prove you're not full of shit by posting more shit.
    Falun Gong is the Chinese Scientology and Infowars combined.

Let's hear it from a former cult-member himself: https://medium.com/@Ben_D_Hurley/-10677166298b

Or let's hear from someone else:

He asked for a source, I gave an extensive list.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Again you're spouting nonsensical drivle. Falun Gong is nothing like Scientology or infowars it's a practice that combines meditation with tai-chi like exercises. I personally would never follow such a movement/idea because they're to spiritual and unscientific for my liking. It was once embraced by the Chinese government as a beneficial thing, it became to popular and eventually some people in power saw it as a means to get rid of their competition, it was part of Jiang Zemin's stuggle for more power, which failed eventually because Xi Jinping was more capable as he shove Jiang Zemin to the sideline and took all the power for himself. You're clearly not interested in reality so I'll not waste my time explaining the ins and outs to an uneducated fool like yourself.

You don't have to give up your life and join a group of people to practice falun gong or any other religious or spiritual idea, some people do. The writer or the article did, and the worse thing these people did was to not take medicine while sick? He also goes into detail about the horrible persecution of the falun gong followers. How the movement changed into a political cult because of this and his reason for leaving. Maybe you should actually read your sources instead of hoping people just read the first paragraph and leave it for what it is. Which makes me come to the next point, I did check out all of your sources and every single one of them was unrelated, unadulterated propaganda or outright nonsense.

You're emotionally invested in this debate as proven by many of your previous posts yet you understand very little about the actual world you live in, my advise: Leave this forum, and educate yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ironic that a country run by a corrupt dictator with a long history of Human Rights violations and staging military coups to secure his power, is lecturing another country run by a corrupt dictator with a long history of Human Rights violations...

This timeline is wild...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Scientology is nothing like Falun Gong or Infowars it's a practice that combines meditation with tai-chi like exercises.

"Li added a special layer of nasty to this principle by saying that one is also affected by the thoughts of those around them, so if your family members or other cult members who had contact with you weren't sending enough positive thoughts, your condition would worsen. So cultists are controlled by an extra level of guilt-tripping: "My friend wouldn't have died of cancer if I had sent more positive thoughts."

You are right. It's not like Scientology, it's worse.

Yes, people swallowing propaganda harder than Germans in the 30's make me angry.
    The only positive thing about this is the idea that you guys are going to be the front troops when our leaders finally decide to wage war against our economic opponent.
    And at that time I will be sitting at home laughing my ass off.

My advice: Go to more forums, actually talk to people from all over the world. Try reading more non-English websites.
    Only 25% of the internet users use English.
    Roughly 50% of the internet websites are in English.
    Only 20% of the world speaks English.

By being only on this forum, etc, you are excluding yourself from 80% of the world.
    You live in this small bubble that only represents a small portion of the world and you think that this is the whole truth.
    It's generally the uneducated and poor people that get send to war in total war scenarios, which means if such a thing where ever to occur you'd go to war or alternatively prison. Again you prove your MO is deception by singling out a single quote to fit your idiotic narrative, you're not fooling anyone. You're absolutely delusional, some people here think shalcker is an idiot but at least he got his act together. You're not even trolling, your just an unhinged individual.

You're advise is terrible, forums are the worse place to get a bearing on what is going on in the world; I am educated, I travel often, I speak multiple languages, I've been to China, I've spoken with people from war torn places and heard their stories. You clearly haven't done the same.

The last paragraph just made me laugh, a no u?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Ok.

I guess if you don't pay attention to what is happening in the South China sea it makes sense to think they're not fucking with them to get what they want.
    Ok what? It’s true, no need to be such a snarky twat about it. China bullies and extorts because its the only thing they can do. They will never, NEVER get away with open armed conflict. The true threat comes from China’s economical and political pressures, by which they pacify countries by literally buying them up or controlling other countries politically.

China is afraid of Japan and Taiwan for crying out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Scientology is nothing like Falun Gong or Infowars it's a practice that combines meditation with tai-chi like exercises.

"Li added a special layer of nasty to this principle by saying that one is also affected by the thoughts of those around them, so if your family members or other cult members who had contact with you weren't sending enough positive thoughts, your condition would worsen. So cultists are controlled by an extra level of guilt-tripping: "My friend wouldn't have died of cancer if I had sent more positive thoughts."

You are right. It's not like Scientology, it's worse.

Yes, people swallowing propaganda harder than Germans in the 30's make me angry.
    The only positive thing about this is the idea that you guys are going to be the front troops when our leaders finally decide to wage war against our economic opponent.
    And at that time I will be sitting at home laughing my ass off.

My advice: Go to more forums, actually talk to people from all over the world. Try reading more non-English websites.
    Only 25% of the internet users use English.
    Roughly 50% of the internet websites are in English.
    Only 20% of the world speaks English.

By being only on this forum, etc, you are excluding yourself from 80% of the world.
    You live in this small bubble that only represents a small portion of the world and you think that this is the whole truth.
    Wait wait wait hold on. Are you actually saying Falun Gong deserved being imprisoned, tortured and murderer? Here you are spewing CCP propaganda and you want someone else to get educated? And the education you suggest is that someone go to more Internet forums. You have no fucking rasp at how astoundingly absurd that suggestion is.
    How fucking dare you tell someone else they’re uneducated with this blatant idiocy? You even insinuate a poster is paid by the CIA, while you sit here spewing actually Communist propaganda.
    I’m gonna turn it right around on you and say you sound exactly like an indoctrinated Chinese puppet. You should definetly stop reading Global Times.
    And who’s butt did you pull those numbers from?
    Last edited by Noomz; 2019-02-10 at 08:03 PM.

What Muslim nation is going to want to fuck with China? Unless US that has a renowned reputation of being the world's police, and overall everyone's buddy, China just doesn't give a shit and will do what they want. I mean yeah, China is still dependent on trade to sustain their monster economy, but that doesn't mean they need trade with majority of what are considered Muslim countries. China primarily depends on maintaining ties with first world nations, namely the US and nations that bring them money.

Because it's a hoax promoted by a bunch of countries who are panicking because nearly the entire Muslimworld had China become their biggest trading partner.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjia...ducation_camps Looks like Wikipedia is on the hoax. Obviously paid off by the anti-Chinese, because far left can do no wrong and China would obviously never do anything morally wrong.

Turkey demands quite a lot of things. This is probably the first not ridiculous thing... but entirely unrealistic.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.