Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Titan Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Multicultural Orgrimmar
    Posts
    11,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Alliance had to do the new rep (The Argus reps) To get their Allied races, and while, It wasn't a big deal, compared to Horde, who practically were given their races cause every smart person had the Highmountain and Nightborne reps at exalted.
    By the time the initial batch of Allied Races were announced, "every smart person" would have similarly had Argussian Reach and Army of the Light at exalted.

    To unlock Dark Iron Dwarves however... During the Story to unlock them, You have to do a dungeon, just to unlock them, Meanwhile, horde don't have to do shit in the story to unlock the Mag'har. Oh but that's not a huge deal I hear you say...
    You know, I remember when people started unlocking Mag'har and Dark Irons, the Official Forums were filled with complaints from bads and casuals who were crying that they couldn't beat Garrosh, and thus couldn't unlock their Mag'har. I also specifically remember a few complaining that the Alliance didn't have to do any "super punishing solo content."

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    By the time the initial batch of Allied Races were announced, "every smart person" would have similarly had Argussian Reach and Army of the Light at exalted.



    You know, I remember when people started unlocking Mag'har and Dark Irons, the Official Forums were filled with complaints from bads and casuals who were crying that they couldn't beat Garrosh, and thus couldn't unlock their Mag'har. I also specifically remember a few complaining that the Alliance didn't have to do any "super punishing solo content."
    I had no issues beating Garrosh. Granted I was pretty geared and actually smart. I just think it's dumb to have one faction have to do one more step just to unlock something. Garrosh was easy to solo >.> Idk what those people are talking about lol. Also, the fact that you have to sit in a dungeon que for over an hour as a dps (Because people don't want to tank or heal these days) kinda is a pain. specially over a race.

  3. #83
    I find it ridiculous that I had two HORDE allied races unlocked from the reps acquired on my ALLIANCE character from legion. but since I quit legion early I did not have any alliance allied races unlocked because the alliance equivalent both required the later reps.

    where is the logic in having a system for ALLIED RACES that even allows you to unlock the races by playing a character of the opposite faction?

  4. #84
    Titan Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Multicultural Orgrimmar
    Posts
    11,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    I had no issues beating Garrosh. Granted I was pretty geared and actually smart.
    There wasn't any issue with beating Garrosh, it was just a case of bads being bads. Regardless, they still complained and said they'd prefer to run the dungeon.

    On my end, I vastly preferred the Mag'har unlock, but I don't think DID requiring a dungeon is a massive case of Horde bias.

    If it were up to me though, as I''ve repeatedly point out, I'd abolish the Allied Race unlocks altogether. I think it's a bad system. The underlying reward structure, and choices that players make simply isn't healthy.

  5. #85
    This might surprise you but there are people who give approximately zero fucks about Allied Races. I recently came back to the game and I haven't even bothered to turn in the quests which would unlock the races I've already grinded, lol

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    There wasn't any issue with beating Garrosh, it was just a case of bads being bads. Regardless, they still complained and said they'd prefer to run the dungeon.

    On my end, I vastly preferred the Mag'har unlock, but I don't think DID requiring a dungeon is a massive case of Horde bias.

    If it were up to me though, as I''ve repeatedly point out, I'd abolish the Allied Race unlocks altogether. I think it's a bad system. The underlying reward structure, and choices that players make simply isn't healthy.
    It didn't require a dungeon to unlock. I just hate the fact that during the dark irons story, you have to pretty much pause it to go sit in a que for almost an hour, just to continue the story and get them. The unlocks are just dumb sometimes.

  7. #87
    Herald of the Titans Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If it were up to me though, as I''ve repeatedly point out, I'd abolish the Allied Race unlocks altogether. I think it's a bad system. The underlying reward structure, and choices that players make simply isn't healthy.
    I'd have liked it if these allied races were simply available from day playable from the get go, while the respective heritage armours would be tied to a questchain which would tell you more about these races and their reasons to join either Ally or Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Class design [in BfA] is the rickety bridge upon which it all lays, but the rest of it are the arthritic elephants with irritable bowel syndrome trying to cross it.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    I don't mind sinking time into getting the new races, It really doesn't take long to grind the rep up. However. I have an issue with how the allied races are unlocked when it comes to Alliance and Horde.

    Alliance had to do the new rep (The Argus reps) To get their Allied races, and while, It wasn't a big deal, compared to Horde, who practically were given their races cause every smart person had the Highmountain and Nightborne reps at exalted. But again, Those were fine.. To unlock Dark Iron Dwarves however... During the Story to unlock them, You have to do a dungeon, just to unlock them, Meanwhile, horde don't have to do shit in the story to unlock the Mag'har. Oh but that's not a huge deal I hear you say...

    For Kul'tiran to be unlocked next patch, Alliance has to do a Mythic only dungeon, just to get an achievement that Horde didn't have to worry about. Horde didn't have to do their mythic dungeon, it wasn't even mythic, you can do it on normal or heroic, but it's not required for the achievement. It feels like Blizz favors horde players and the horde allied races when they don't make people work on one faction to unlock them. The rep isn't hard, and the quests are simple. Horde don't have to do a mythic dungeon. YET FOR ALLIANCE! "Oh you have to complete the mythic dungeon for the Uniting Kul'tiras achievement."

    Sooo I have an issue with that, I don't mind putting the work, but when one faction has to do little work over another, it kinda bugs me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    To get Uniting Kul'tiras, you have to complete a mythic only dungeon. While horde, don't need to do the dungeon to get the achievement. That clearly shows one faction has it easier. >.>
    Your ability to cherrypick is top notch. Bravo

  9. #89
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    16,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    I don't mind sinking time into getting the new races, It really doesn't take long to grind the rep up. However. I have an issue with how the allied races are unlocked when it comes to Alliance and Horde.

    Alliance had to do the new rep (The Argus reps) To get their Allied races, and while, It wasn't a big deal, compared to Horde, who practically were given their races cause every smart person had the Highmountain and Nightborne reps at exalted. But again, Those were fine.. To unlock Dark Iron Dwarves however... During the Story to unlock them, You have to do a dungeon, just to unlock them, Meanwhile, horde don't have to do shit in the story to unlock the Mag'har. Oh but that's not a huge deal I hear you say...

    For Kul'tiran to be unlocked next patch, Alliance has to do a Mythic only dungeon, just to get an achievement that Horde didn't have to worry about. Horde didn't have to do their mythic dungeon, it wasn't even mythic, you can do it on normal or heroic, but it's not required for the achievement. It feels like Blizz favors horde players and the horde allied races when they don't make people work on one faction to unlock them. The rep isn't hard, and the quests are simple. Horde don't have to do a mythic dungeon. YET FOR ALLIANCE! "Oh you have to complete the mythic dungeon for the Uniting Kul'tiras achievement."

    Sooo I have an issue with that, I don't mind putting the work, but when one faction has to do little work over another, it kinda bugs me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    To get Uniting Kul'tiras, you have to complete a mythic only dungeon. While horde, don't need to do the dungeon to get the achievement. That clearly shows one faction has it easier. >.>
    Horde have to do kings rest, alliance has to do siege of boralus, which btw is no longer mythic only.
    so no, that is not true that alliance has to do a mythic dungeon and horde do not.
    cause 1 horde do have to do a dungeon
    and 2 both dungeons are now able to be done heroic.

  10. #90
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    22,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'd have liked it if these allied races were simply available from day playable from the get go, while the respective heritage armours would be tied to a questchain which would tell you more about these races and their reasons to join either Ally or Horde.
    Exactly. There was literally no reason to change the formula of having races come with the box price and there to make on the character screen immediately.

    It's simple timegating and to gouge as much from race changes as possible or drive the MAU count up.

    Next up- "Allied Classes" and I bet people will find some pathetic way to defend putting more box price features behind timegates. And before anyone pulls DK or DH out. They are actually clever as I said.

    DK lets you have a choice on dinging 55 to create another 55 character or continue. And Demon Hunter is even better because you only have to be 70 and it basically finishes it's quests at 100. You essentially get 30 free levels with DH.

    Although I think they removed the 55 requirement on DKs a while ago. In which case only Demon Hunter requires a 70 now so essentially you could create a DK, do 15 levels and bam Demon Hunter at 98 and then 100 when it leaves it's starting area.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-15 at 12:59 PM.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Horde have to do kings rest, alliance has to do siege of boralus, which btw is no longer mythic only.
    so no, that is not true that alliance has to do a mythic dungeon and horde do not.
    cause 1 horde do have to do a dungeon
    and 2 both dungeons are now able to be done heroic.
    Um actually no. Cause unless they changed it. Horde DON'T have to do Kings Rest. I didn't have to do it to get the achievement. So unless they did change it, this is not true. Though I am glad to hear that it's no longer Mythic only.

    Edit: Please note, I am not trying to be rude, or an ass. If they changed it, they changed it, and I am wrong. But if they didn't then who cares. Just stating my opinion on the matter is all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Your ability to cherrypick is top notch. Bravo
    We are all entitled to our opinions on everything. If you gotta problem with the opinion that is your issue.
    Last edited by Nightheart; 2019-02-16 at 01:37 AM.

  12. #92
    My friend recently came back to WoW for the first time since the end of MoP and has already unlocked all the Allied Races. People need to just stop being Lazy assholes.

  13. #93
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    22,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    My friend recently came back to WoW for the first time since the end of MoP and has already unlocked all the Allied Races. People need to just stop being Lazy assholes.
    Ah yes them taking a core box price feature that's normally included and timegating it is the players fault when they get criticised for it. Not heard that one before where people defend Blizzard with "it's the players fault" or in other game threads. Reminds me of someone in the Rift sub forum who did that.

    Meanwhile in FF14 I'll be able to create/play my Viera the minute the 28th of June hits. No strings attached.

    Literally timegating or selling races is something trash F2P games do. Although these days WoW could be considered close to those kinds of games quality wise.

    Anyway I'll just end with this response because I really don't care for people who blame the players whenever an ounce of criticism comes a games way.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-16 at 01:48 AM.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meanwhile in FF14 I'll be able to create/play my Viera the minute the 28th of June hits. No strings attached.
    Heavensward introduced Jobs only available once people reached the 2nd Expansion even though they started at 30. Stormblood brought SAM and RDM. Both which are Features but required leveling completion of a large part of the game to access unless you bought a lvl 50 Story boost. Don't be so hasty to use examples from Games that also employ similar shit.

    Alliance races were always introduced as something that would be worked towards and like I said people being lazy Assholes isn't a problem with the games feature.

  15. #95
    I dont really post here much but I lurk alot. I figured I would toss my .02 in (I expect change back lol)

    I had real high hopes for BfA but like many of you I stopped playing a while back. I check sometimes just to see if anything actually "cool" is going on but it seems this expansion has dried up.
    My biggest issues are class balance/design/philosophy. Im tired of X spec being broken and it taking sooo long to get anything done about it. I understand that the community often probably looks like baby birds with their mouths open just waiting for a drop but there is no reason for specs to wait until major patches to get their fair shake.

    Drama- My God this game is just loaded with drama. Every decision, every patch, everything is just drama drama. I cant stand it.
    I started playing For Honor on XBOX One, recently they had a dev discussion about a new class and another classes re-work. Let me tell you how stand up that was. They went through the entire re-work for the class, what they did and why they did it, what they were thinking etc. They showed the new class (Vortiger) and the concept behind it. They had devs vs top For Honor Twitch streamers playing the new maps/characters etc. It really made Blizzards q&a's look pathetic. I was watching chat thinking "this is going to be a shit show" and ya know what? The community was like "yes these are great changes! Great job!" polar opposite experience.

    Honestly I dont feel like Blizzard likes us much. I think they would rather us just give them the money, play the game and shut up. I feel like we are just bugging them anytime we make a post or offer advice etc. I just wonder if any of the current devs got canned or just the PR type people etc.

    Content- Honestly, i felt like all the dungeons were kinda hokey. None of them were very memorable. Id gladly go back to DHT for a few runs with legendary's again. Being able to throw on 2 pieces of "OP" gear and customize things how you wanted them, I loved it. The whole story just feels thrown together for the sake of throwing it together, a giant war but nothing you do changes the outcome. In For Honor there is a 4 way war and the things you do effect the outcome.

    To wrap it up. WoW team needs new leadership, this team is lost. They are too big and cant resolve things efficiently. They nerf too hard and buff too late. They have no clear vision for classes anymore. I wish I could take my warrior, paladin and rogue and put them in different games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •