new to Shadow Priest

what is better Meticulous Scheming or Searing Dialogue?

bloodmallet does not have Searing Dialogue

Quote Originally Posted by Edorasthegamer View Post
    bloodmallet does not have Searing Dialogue
    That it is because it has absolutely zero single target value. Meticulous Scheming.

Edit: I mixed up traits. Wopsy.
    Last edited by Archpriest; 2019-02-12 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    To elaborate a bit, based on my personal experience - The Searing Dialogue proc makes Mind Sear do alot of damage, even on single target. But it does NOT change how much insanity it generates, which means it generates almost nothing against a lone enemy. Using it single target will thus make you fall out of voidform faster, which is not worth it. At all.
    I kinda wish the proc would buff the next Mind sear OR Mind flay...
    You're confusing Searing Dialogue with Thought Harvester. Thought Harvester proc, SD nop.

BtW every traits depends on the environment you're playing in. I'd never choose Meticolous Scheming tho, since it feel bad to play and doesen't give much resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainingblue View Post
    You're confusing Searing Dialogue with Thought Harvester. Thought Harvester proc, SD nop.

BtW every traits depends on the environment you're playing in. I'd never choose Meticolous Scheming tho, since it feel bad to play and doesen't give much resources.
    Wops. Thanks for correcting me

Searing Dialogue because it’s juicy in keys.

Searing Dialogue is definitely fun in keys!

I would suggest going to warcraftpriests and having a read through their guides, they have also simmed all of the traits and you'll find information there about which are better in different situations. If you're new to priest, I strongly recommend doing your research properly to begin with so you don't have to correct bad habits down the line.

The only thing they don't mention, and this is huge on single target, is pre-casting your void eruption. You start the fight in voidform, with a 10% damage buff and access to void bolt and your stacking haste buff - that's huge, especially during bloodlust/prepot. It's tricky on raid encounters because as soon as the boss is pulled your insanity resets to 25 (also why this is risky because if you don't finish your cast before the pull, you just wasted your precast completely), so you want to start the fight at 60+ insanity, and communicate with your tank to find out exactly when they pull. That way you can look at your cast time for VoiEr and cast it so it goes off about 0.1s before pull; your insanity is still going to reset to 25 in voidform, so from there you VB>MB>SW:P>VB>MB>VT>VB>Continue as normal. A slightly riskier version is to go VoiEr>VB>MB>SW:P>VB>VT>MB>Continue as normal, but your insanity will drop dangerously low during the VT cast and you might not have the haste to pull it off without dropping VF. Doing this adds an absolutely stupid amount of damage to your opener.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-04-07 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I would suggest going to warcraftpriests and having a read through their guides, they have also simmed all of the traits and you'll find information there about which are better in different situations. If you're new to priest, I strongly recommend doing your research properly to begin with so you don't have to correct bad habits down the line.

The only thing they don't mention, and this is huge on single target, is pre-casting your void eruption. You start the fight in voidform, with a 10% damage buff and access to void bolt and your stacking haste buff - that's huge, especially during bloodlust/prepot. It's tricky on raid encounters because as soon as the boss is pulled your insanity resets to 25 (also why this is risky because if you don't finish your cast before the pull, you just wasted your precast completely), so you want to start the fight at 60+ insanity, and communicate with your tank to find out exactly when they pull. That way you can look at your cast time for VoiEr and cast it so it goes off about 0.1s before pull; your insanity is still going to reset to 25 in voidform, so from there you VB>MB>SW:P>VB>MB>VT>VB>Continue as normal. A slightly riskier version is to go VoiEr>VB>MB>SW:P>VB>VT>MB>Continue as normal, but your insanity will drop dangerously low during the VT cast and you might not have the haste to pull it off without dropping VF. Doing this adds an absolutely stupid amount of damage to your opener.
    Since you cannot really rely on tanks pulling every time, what I usually do is instead of casting Void Bolt after eruption, I cast SW:Void and this always lands fraction of second after pull, if you are lucky and you crit you get quite high with insanity right of the bat (if you have the trait, which you should), but never the less, I found this a lot more reliable than nailing that eruption miliseconds before pull to get insanity from Void Bolt since you gain insanity on cast and not on landing.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Since you cannot really rely on tanks pulling every time, what I usually do is instead of casting Void Bolt after eruption, I cast SW:Void and this always lands fraction of second after pull, if you are lucky and you crit you get quite high with insanity right of the bat (if you have the trait, which you should), but never the less, I found this a lot more reliable than nailing that eruption miliseconds before pull to get insanity from Void Bolt since you gain insanity on cast and not on landing.
    I guess it depends on your tanks. Mine are really consistent with when they pull, so I can just ask them when that is (turns out about 1s on the timer because ninja pulls are a sad reality we all have to live with), and then time my casts so that everything always lands. Still, this is a really good shout if your tanks are less predictable.

Forgot to mention as well, I usually pre-fade too so it's easier for the tank to get the boss back ASAP because the initial burst is almost guaranteed to put you to the top of the threat table.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-04-08 at 02:38 PM.