Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    In 14~ years of raiding I can honestly say I've never known anyone to actually be excited about giving someone else a piece of loot unless they were dating.
    Enough with the Blizzard apologism about personal loot. Both @Greyscale and @SirCowdog have answered you what you should have been knowing all along, claiming you're a 14y raider, but you keep strawmanning (see: "Your loot system was what held your guild together?"). Loot distribution was one of the core things that defined guilds and, if made right, bound guilds together. Personally, i never applied to a guild with loot council and fought against its implementation when suggested, because i didn't trust it would work fairly 100%. Nowadays, because of personal loot, all guilds are the same CONCERNING THE SOLE SUBJECT OF LOOT DISTRIBUTION. Guild hopping is easier than ever. Dedication and loyalty to the guild is now a little more lax.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    BfA lacks the glue that bound legion together.

Many people complain about the legendary system, myself included, but it made you clear out all of your Daily caches just for a chance to get it. This is just one example, but legion systems were better interconnected IMO.

The story also does not help, since it is hitting the same story beats as MoP's. Legion story was simple, but it worked because of the over the top villain. To go from Over the top villain to grounded in reality villain is pretty jarring and unexciting.
    I don't agree with the last thing you said, and i think many more disagree. I think it was time to get back on the ground and not have over the top villains. Btw, er get Aszhara which is over the top enough. You van go play a fantasy spaceship game or something. BfA is boring Just because they are lazy and have made it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    am i misremembering or wasnt legion also considered bad until late in the xpac?
    I made a toon named Legionsucks right after I got into alpha.

In Legion these features were fresh and even the grind was fun for a few months. The features they added during the expansion (like mage tower) were generally popular and maintained interest. In BFA the features feel really stale and the player feels like he/she is on a hamster wheel.

One reason for me is that Legion had Mage tower and BFA doesn't have something like it.So in my book it is a cut of a popular content which the developers didn't bother adding and replacing it with the dog shit which are warfrants and island expeditions.I want a good solo content like Mage tower was.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then you've never been in a good raid group that was actually a team. Sounds like you've mostly just been in groups of friends or PUGs who are kind of selfish.

Oh well, can't blame you for not understanding something you've never seen before.
    I've been in some of the best raid groups in my region, thanks for the condescension though. Nobody wants someone else to get an upgrade over them. Even when you see someone pass an item to someone else the reason for that is almost always to put them into a better position to get an item that they want more. When someone passes an item to you it's not out of some selfless love and adoration for you, it's because there is something else they want more and giving you some lesser item now makes it more likely they'll get the item they actually want. It's all very self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Enough with the Blizzard apologism about personal loot. Both @Greyscale and @SirCowdog have answered you what you should have been knowing all along, claiming you're a 14y raider, but you keep strawmanning (see: "Your loot system was what held your guild together?"). Loot distribution was one of the core things that defined guilds and, if made right, bound guilds together. Personally, i never applied to a guild with loot council and fought against its implementation when suggested, because i didn't trust it would work fairly 100%. Nowadays, because of personal loot, all guilds are the same CONCERNING THE SOLE SUBJECT OF LOOT DISTRIBUTION. Guild hopping is easier than ever. Dedication and loyalty to the guild is now a little more lax.
    Maybe you should stop being an antiquated loot system apologist? Loot systems aren't a "core thing that defined guilds." - Loot systems have always been one of the most common points of failure and drama for a guild. Guild hopping isn't any easier because people aren't shackled to master loot - If you guild hopyou're still not going to get accepted into decent guilds. Any recruitment officer worth anything is going to do their due diligence when it comes to investigating recruit stability. The loot system doesn't change that. In all seriousness if loyalty and dedication to the guild are tied to the loot system then your guild doesn't actually have the oh so revered team mentality.
    Opted to Spread Blight | FOR THE HORDE