Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    I think a lot can be said about some of this content just being new for Legion, but I think a bug factor for BfA is that some of it feels like a stripped down/worse system than what was in Legion.

The artifact weapon system made sense, unlocking the potential of a legendary weapon makes sense, soaking up crap in a necklace just so you can use your gear is a much less elegant system.

WQ's and Mythic+ were new, but by the end of Legion lots of people were tired of them. Myself I was just done with the timer system that is Mythic+ and haven't done a single one in BfA. If you want something to be hard then make it hard, stop with this go go go as the means to difficulty.

I think also with them removing unique sets, tier bonuses and other things, well there is little motivation to do some of these things.

Classes are dull and I'll be the first to admit I liked the fact that on DW classes in Legion you finally didn't need to get lucky with upgrading two weapons.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2019-02-17 at 11:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    Ret's made shittier through lack of artifact and legendary combos. Undeniably unfun and shittier.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Cause dumb people only remember how "good" legion was in its last iteration/patch, Legion early on was literally trash with a lot of problems (unless people forgot how bs the legendaries system was), but people nowadays aren't smart enough to compare patches, they just compare the final patch of X expansion with the first patch of the current cause its more convenient to their silly argument.

Dreadlord
    Grinding power for the weapons felt okay because the weapons felt brilliant.
    we had quests that awarded honour, Yet we now have a faction war those quests vanished..lol.
    but the biggest problem for me is the storyline. Pre patch they managed to piss so many people off
    and its unfolded 100% like people suspected.

Azerite and its blooming traits just isnt good enough to replace what we lost.
    Sincerely hoping the new neck talents will be bold and creative, Not just putting back what they removed previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They've made WoW easier and easier and subs keep falling.
    And if they had kept it harder, this wouldn't have happened even more?

Free effing clue: Blizzard has the internal data on what people actually do, and what keeps them subbed. If the data supported the perennially dim notion that difficulty would help the game, they'd have jumped all over that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And if they had kept it harder, this wouldn't have happened even more?

Free effing clue: Blizzard has the internal data on what people actually do, and what keeps them subbed. If the data supported the perennially dim notion that difficulty would help the game, they'd have jumped all over that.
    I'm on record as saying easier or harder doesn't matter. What matters is social play. The entire easier vs harder debate was lose / lose no matter which Blizzard picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was bored with the Horde civil war plot in BfA the moment it started. Its a rehash. I'm expecting them it to be like 99% similar to the Garrosh story & then they do Shyamalan swerve at the end & then we'll see a bunch of comments & videos from people telling me "see its not 100% the same!" when that wasn't the complaint -- its TOO similar to the Garrosh plot.

While the main systems are the same, a lot of stuff was pruned/removed.

M+ doesn't feel as fun because it's like they removed the 1 shot boss mechanics (which is good) but added on their dmg/hp to trash.

Raids are still good, but they removed raid skips & mission caches. Plus they lowered the amount of re roll coins you get per week and can hold total.

Going from Legion to BfA in terms of AP you went from being able to basically fill out your entire weapon in 1 world quest to having to grind again.

The majority of Legion Legendaries/Artifact abilities gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    M+ doesn't feel as fun because it's like they removed the 1 shot boss mechanics (which is good) but added on their dmg/hp to trash.
    it is ironic because the time stated after ToS, they were going to try to not use 1 shot mechanics for difficulty because of all the complaints that ToS got. 1 shot mechanics are not fun. they never have been.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    Going from Legion to BfA in terms of AP you went from being able to basically fill out your entire weapon in 1 world quest to having to grind again.
    I really hate when people say this... That is NOT how the legion artifact weapon was supposed to function. If you are going to compare it to BFA, you need to consider 7.0-7.2 time frame... because who knows how the revamp of azerite is going to be. But you had to grind AP harder in legion than in BFA, during the same stage in the expacs life thus far. It became a joke at the end when they stopped adding traits and if they hadn't boosted the gains by so much, a person could simply never catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I really hate when people say this... That is NOT how the legion artifact weapon was supposed to function. If you are going to compare it to BFA, you need to consider 7.0-7.2 time frame... because who knows how the revamp of azerite is going to be. But you had to grind AP harder in legion than in BFA, during the same stage in the expacs life thus far. It became a joke at the end when they stopped adding traits and if they hadn't boosted the gains by so much, a person could simply never catch up.
    My post has nothing to do with how it should work, I'm just saying psychologically it feels bad going from Maximum catchup (AK) to nothing.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2019-02-18 at 03:36 AM.

Ret feels horrible.

There is nothing to grind for and work towards like the weapon skins. Mage Tower was a huuuuge draw for me in Legion. Leveling characters and trying out specs just for some limited event skins was fun. Nothing like that for BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Legion was a lot of fun things wrapped around a few things that were irritating.

BFA is a lot more irritating things with far fewer cool aspects to offset them. The rewards are fairly lackluster for what we're asked to do to unlock the stuff we want to do.

The Azerite System just seems like an endless grind, and there are no concrete benefits you can look forward to like there were with the artifact weapon system. And yes, I know it unlocks more "Azerite Armor" traits, but half the time, I couldn't even get a hold of the traits I wanted, so that was kind of non-starter.

And then the semi-forced PvP in order to maintain the right gear ilvl, and the need to endlessly grind Mythic+ was just...ugh. Even after finishing a Tier of content, you're just never done. There's no opportunity to take a break and maybe level some alts to relax because you're wasting time on your main (especially if you work a full time job like mine).

And don't get me started on the RNG loot and Azerite for Tier situation...
    Tiriel US-Illidan

Signature by Shyama