Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Korea: Seoul to shut down all dog slaughterhouses

Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said, Saturday, the city government will shut down all dog butcheries in the capital as the nation as a whole struggles over whether to eliminate the dog meat business.

His remarks came after watching "Underdog," an animated film about abandoned dogs that find themselves in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nati...81_263405.html

Well, there's some good news.

It's a cultural thing. In some cultures people would never eat whale, in other cultures they eat whale all the time. In the West, dogs are beloved family pets and they are in Korea too, but they are also food animals. Amazing how the human brain can handle all of that dissonance.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Look at that, Hubcap talking about things he has no clue about, again. Very few people actually eat dog here and it's mostly older people, who are looked down upon.

15+ Year Old Account
    And some cultures like to make sterotypes for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Look at that, Hubcap talking about things he has no clue about, again. Very few people actually eat dog here and it's mostly older people, who are looked down upon.

Why are you attacking me? It was in yesterday's www.koreatimes.co.kr newspaper. Write a letter to the editor.

It's also a step forward.

We have people here who have pet pigs, the mini pigs, they also eat pork. I don't see it as that different from people eating dogs in Korea.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

As they say "when the buying stops, the killing will too"

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why are you attacking me? It was in yesterday's www.koreatimes.co.kr newspaper. Write a letter to the editor.
    They're not the ones who said:

It's a cultural thing. In some cultures people would never eat whale, in other cultures they eat whale all the time. In the West, dogs are beloved family pets and they are in Korea too, but they are also food animals. Amazing how the human brain can handle all of that dissonance.
    That's you. Talking as if it's commonplace when it's pretty much only older people who do it and are looked down upon for doing it.

That's you. Talking as if it's commonplace when it's pretty much only older people who do it and are looked down upon for doing it.
    Why do they do it though?

Lol do ppl that eat dogs eat any kind of dogs or just certain breeds. Are they like "hmmm, I'm in the mood for a pitbull today, I had husky yesterday"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Because they're retards who thinks it brings health benefits for them.

They're not the ones who said:

Common place or not, it is still a thing. There was nothing incorrect about Hubcaps original assessment.
    CPU: Intel i9-14900k | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z790-F
    GPU: ASUS Strix 4070 TI Super | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR5 32GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Kinda like asking why some Americans live in the hills and do their own family. Every country has its share of deplorables.

Because they're retards who thinks it brings health benefits for them.
    Where does that belief come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    Common place or not, it is still a thing. There was nothing incorrect about Hubcaps original assessment.
    I mean, by that stretch you can say that cannibalism is a thing in your countries because some people eat human meat. That's useless.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-02-11 at 05:36 PM.

I mean, by that stretch it's a thing to claim that cannibalism is a thing in your countries because some people eat human meat. That's useless.
    I'll admit I haven't looked in to it, but it its probably a fair assumption that there are no human butcheries in my country.
    CPU: Intel i9-14900k | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z790-F
    GPU: ASUS Strix 4070 TI Super | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR5 32GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

15+ Year Old Account
    That is disgusting. But glad it's finally over. Poor dogs They are better, caring, smarter and more friendly beings many humans.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    I'll admit I haven't looked in to it, but it its probably a fair assumption that there are no human butcheries in my country.
    That's not what was said though, you said it's a thing that people eat dog here. Yeah, it's a thing that people eat human meat too. Does that mean cannibalism is a thing in your country even when it's taboo because there are people who eat it?

Neither is part of the norm yet you say it's a thing? I think you'll find that more foreigners try dog than the amount of younger koreans who have eaten it.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-02-11 at 05:39 PM.

That's not what was said though, you said it's a thing that people eat dog here. Yeah, it's a thing that people eat human meat too. Does that mean cannibalism is a thing in your country even when it's taboo because there are people who eat it?
    Not really the same. Cannibalism is illegal here, eating dog isn't illegal there. If you get into the illegal stuff then everywhere does everything (probably).

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Not really the same. Cannibalism is illegal here, eating dog isn't illegal there. If you get into the illegal stuff then everywhere does everything (probably).
    Point flew over your head it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also a step forward.
    How is it a step forward?

Point flew over your head it seems.
    Possibly. Just like its possible someone in your country just flew over your head in a plane... eating a dog. Backwater savages.

/jk.