Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Because they're retards who thinks it brings health benefits for them.
    Like people who think ground up tiger claws, or rhino horn, or elephant tusks will give them long life and fix their limp dicks, right? I hate those people, they're the reason why poaching is as bad as it is.

I never understood the controversy with eating dog. We know that pigs are far smarter than dogs, are sociable, easy to train, loyal and they also make really good pets if you have the place for it. So if we can kill and eat pigs, why not dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I never understood the controversy with eating dog. We know that pigs are far smarter than dogs, are sociable, easy to train, loyal and they also make really good pets if you have the place for it. So if we can kill and eat pigs, why not dogs?
    Because dogs arent made of pork.

I mean, from what little I know of Korea, eating dog hasn't really been a thing for a long time there. It's not really commonplace for Koreans to see dogs as "food animals" anymore.

I might be wrong, I don't really know a lot about Korea, but this is likely more like...for lack of a better way to put it, putting down Old Yeller rather than a big cultural step forward.

So when are they going to shut down all slaughterhouses for pigs and cows here?

Oh, that's right. They won't. Because dogs are cuter, fluffier and have those big adorable eyes even though pigs are more intelligent animals.

Let's be honest here: people only care about this because they have greater emotional attachment to dogs. Someone please tell me why it's intrinsically bad for someone to eat dog? If you're going to say because of the cruel way they're kept and killed, you can say the same thing for all those chickens, pigs, cows and sheep that are kept in factory farms. Dogs don't deserve to be treated cruelly but all those other animals do? Is that it?

I mean, if you're looking at the fundamental ethics here, no animal should be treated cruelly. But people don't look at that, they look at how cute and fwuffy Fido is. It's ridiculous. People pick their morals only when it suits them it seems, where's the consistency? And you wonder why the world's turning into shit.

Either it's wrong to keep animals in horrid conditions and to kill them inhumanely, or it isn't. There's no middle ground. I can say the same thing about eating animals too; either it's okay to eat all of them or none at all. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite and violating those fundamental ethics we're talking about.

PS. For the record, I am not a vegan, and I find the way they treat dogs abhorrent. However, eating them? I'm perfectly fine with that. At least I'm consistent. I mean, hell, we eat rabbits in a soup yet people keep them as pets. I don't hear anyone complaining about that. "BUT IZ DOGGIE". Right. Whatever.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do we know they are? I have raised pigs and granted they are pretty smart. And certainly can make good pets. But so do ducks. But I have also had dogs down thru the decades and never saw or experienced pigs being far smarter.

On topic however, it is up to the people in any country to decide what they want to eat. Some places, they eat monkey brains. I will pass however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why do they do it though?
    They might like the taste.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Really I have no issue with people eating dogs. It's just meat.

What I do have a problem with is the conditions dogs are kept before slaughter in Korea and China. That's absolute barbarism. That these people can even call themselves human is shocking. Really it's on the level of how americans keep chickens. It's disgusting.

It's just emotions.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Dog, cat, chicken, pig, cow, goat, deer. I really dont care what animal someone wants to eat so long as its killed humanely and treated well in life. If it weren't for the rampant pet worship in the states I doubt people would care here. But "OMG what a cute doggo" shit makes people think one animal is worth more than another.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

This is all true, but I don't know if pigs bond with humans the same way that dogs do. Would be interesting to see a study on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Because dogs arent made of pork.
    True i bet if dogs tasted like pork people would be like, "fuck em they'll make some great sausages and bacon"

Korea angry at Canada for legalizing pot while they're over there murdering dogs. Thank god they pulled their heads out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is all true, but I don't know if pigs bond with humans the same way that dogs do. Would be interesting to see a study on that.
    They do if given the chance. I knew a professional animal trainer some years back and she always said that no animal was easier to work with than a pig. She kept a few around and they were very personable. The issue is that they grow BIG. Even miniature pigs grow very large.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    How do we know they are? I have raised pigs and granted they are pretty smart. And certainly can make good pets. But so do ducks. But I have also had dogs down thru the decades and never saw or experienced pigs being far smarter.

On topic however, it is up to the people in any country to decide what they want to eat. Some places, they eat monkey brains. I will pass however.
    Well, strictly speaking we don't as these sort of things are hadr to define in animals. They are easier to train than dogs so ... make of that what you want.

As for the monkey brain, I always thought that was just racist rubbish about Chinese people if we are thinking about the same story. Does it contain boiling oil and living monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, there's some good news.

It's a cultural thing. In some cultures people would never eat whale, in other cultures they eat whale all the time. In the West, dogs are beloved family pets and they are in Korea too, but they are also food animals. Amazing how the human brain can handle all of that dissonance.
    I would never eat a dog, but I see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    True i bet if dogs tasted like pork people would be like, "fuck em they'll make some great sausages and bacon"
    Most likely Haha. Better than that bullshit they call turkey bacon