Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i hate sleeping but stress and depression has caused me to nap some :/
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Not often at all. I end up getting headaches.
    I'm quite the opposite, although I have reasons why. Whenever I get extremely bad migraines and/or seizures, my circadian rhythm sort of resets once the episodes are over, making that my new "morning" until another migraine and/or seizure occurs. Wrecks havoc on my body something fierce, and the only way to mitigate the exhaustion and pain associated with it is to nap. Basically napping just makes the best out of a terrible situation in order to attempt some semblance of a normal day, as it can help slightly adjust my sleep schedule.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You shouldn't if you had a good night sleep.

At one point, I must take a nap.
    It lasted a year or two.
    Now, I don't take nap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you nap during the day if you dont have to work? On my weekends I often do to keep myself adjusted to working midnights. I sleep at night on my weekends as well. I do enjoy naps.
    I nap when I can.

Due to having a lot of voices in my head, I tend to get extra tired, so a nap helps a lot. My work permits me to sneak away for 30 minutes for a quick snooze.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Rarely.

My sleep cycle is weird anyway. Its like my daily cycle isnt 24h length, but instead something between 25-26h. This means if there isnt anything to make me hold my sleeping cycle at some point, it will always move forwards. Not a problem, since I can sleep very well even during day.

Now, if I did take nap, my daily cycle will move around crazily. Previous day I might be waking up at "normal" times, but if I did take nap, I wont be tired and I'll probably go sleep next time around the time everyone else wakes up. I have plans. Stuff I gotta do and I'd like to predict my next day to some extent.

I sometimes do, especially if I get up early with my daughter, but I usually try not to or else I will be up to late and the nap cycle will perpetuate.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely ever, only when I'm sick. I have been fortunate enough to have no sleeping troubles what so ever.

If I sleep mid day, I wake up groggy and feeling ill for hours after.

Sleep is one of my favorite hobbies so yeah i'd sleep in the afternoon . When i am not at work i wake up at like 12 pm then 2 hours later i take a nap again!

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You shouldn't if you had a good night sleep.

At one point, I must take a nap.
    It lasted a year or two.
    Now, I don't take nap.
    You shouldn't? Some people don't need it sure. But for me, I sleep more then enough, and I take a quick 15-20minute nap about 17, and it does wonders for me. Without it, I feel halfassed, almost sluggish.
    Thing is, if I don't get enough sleep during the night, this powernap don't work, and I end up sleeping an hour, which is not the same, and just fucks everything up.

Sometimes if I'm really tired and my eyes are burning, I take 2 standard Advils about 10 minutes before lunch and then I walk out to my car and sleep for lunch. Most of the time it really helps. Maybe I do that on average once per month. The Advils seem to give the nap a boost.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Not often at all. I end up getting headaches.
    Me too, also for some reason taking naps makes me very moody when I wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I nap after work 12 PM, I will simply wake in a few hours and stay up until 2 AM where I start work again with no sleep. My brain is fucking stupid so I must force myself to stay awake until at least 6 or 8. I already sleep very little, and once I'm up I'm up for good even if I'm still tired as shit. Insomnia is cancer.

I avoid naps like the plague

I don't nap ever during the day. If I try and nap during the day, I will wake up even more tired than I was before I napped. This is assuming I even fall asleep at all if I try to nap which is a struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have obstructive sleep apnea at more than three times the severe rate and a strong CNS component as well as chronic hypersomnia. Naps are a necessity; I prefer to limit my use of stimulants to excessive amounts of coffee and tea.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time. I have anorexia. When you don't eat you are always tired. Do not recommend.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you nap during the day if you dont have to work? On my weekends I often do to keep myself adjusted to working midnights. I sleep at night on my weekends as well. I do enjoy naps.
    I wish I had time to nap haha

when I used to train twice a day, I got that tired/sleepy feeling and urge to nap after the first workout/after workout meal and it really made a difference when I just lied down on the couch for an hour instead of trying to soldier on the rest of the day. So yea if you have the time for it, go for it dude.

I generally just sleep whenever I feel the need to, especially when I'm not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like naps on days off. Usually an hour or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, every day my whole life. I just become so tired half though the day.