Embrace of the Loa racial issues

Hello, I was testing the Loa racial on PTR and I heard that they were nerfed big time, so I decided to log and check what is going on.

So far I managed to test 4 of them: Bwonsamdi, Kimbul, Pa'ku and Akunda.

Pa'ku was meant to grant 4% crit for 12 seconds.
    I was playing on fire mage hoping it would appear but after doing over 100k dps not even once I had pop up informing that gift of Pa'ku activated itself I assumed it was meant to work like Mag'har orc and void elf racial. So did anyone else had same issue? Or it was meant to work "in background" without informing player?

update: I was testing it again, I did over 6bilion damage and Pa’ku activated itself only once, I tested this racial, on frost and arcane speccs and they procc more often, same goes for retribution paladin. So why on primary crit focused class/specc it’s not working? Is it intentional?

I was testing Gift of Akunda on training dummies and not even once it appeared on combat log, so now question to other players - did it happen during your healing encounters on PTR?
    Anyway so far it didn't work at all for me.

Gift of Kimbul - this one is interesting one. I was playing on fury warrior as I thought that extra bleeds would be sweet but in reality I never got to the 3 stack, I only managed to get to 2 max. And the damage it did was quite underwhelming.

Update : I tested on ele/enh shaman, disci/shadow priest and retri paladin too : https://imgur.com/a/yzxFTds
    the damage of Kimbul's gift varies from 0,2-0,4 % of total damage.

For purely damage oriented racial to do mere 0,4% of total damage really isn't looking good especially when compared to Gift of Bwonsamdi, which does around 1-1,4% of total damage AND which also offheals you AND which can crit itself.

SoI don't see how could anyone pick Gift of Kimbul when there is a choice of Pa'ku and Bwonsamdi to pick (assuming that Pa'ku one will work at some point).

So yeah I'masking PTR testers how was their experience and how they feel about the racial overall?

I understand that Racials shouldn't be OP but mere "little extra" to enhance playstyle and I believe gift of Bwonsamdi fills the criteria fine, but the rest is either underperforming or not working at all currently. So here is big request for community to check it out and give feedback while they can and while races are still work in progress.

oh and btw - Regeneratin' breaks even with absorption shield on, so even in situation where you play mage and have frost barrier on, blink away to quickly heal a mob can break it by auto attack from rifle for example and your racial is wasted.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-02-12 at 02:16 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually this would be the point where I'd say "It's just PTR it'll be fine in live" but since this is BfA I look forward to the video of Ion apologizing for launching zandalari trolls in such a broken state.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I think it would be really fine if Kimbul racial did max 2% of total damage, but 0,4% is waaaaay too little for purely damage oriented racial.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

AFAIK an Ice Block + Regeneratin' works wonder to get that HP up.

Other than that, I think they're still not done with it. Isn't Pa'ku 5% critical strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    oh and btw - Regeneratin' breaks even with absorption shield on, so even in situation where you play mage and have frost barrier on, blink away to quickly heal a mob can break it by auto attack from rifle for example and your racial is wasted.
    Imo they should make it more reliable (not break on damage, only on kicks and hard cc), but nerf the amount healed from 100% to around 40%, and change cd from 1,5 min to 2-3 mins. That will reduce the disparity between perfect usage (or zandalari paladins with bubble hahaha) and average usage (insta break or get 1 tick only). Since channeling is a dps loss, the heal should be for a decent amount (more than the 20% you get from draenei racial since that one is a hot, not channeled), but not massively op like full hp in 4 sec. Keep it interruptible by kicks / stuns / grips / fears etc. to emphasize pvp counterplay, but not random stuff like dots and bleeds.

Well they mixed two things they balance poorly for in some lunatics hope two negatives make a positive. They rarely get rng based procs right, much less ones that can be multiple things. They also seem to really struggle with the value of racials. So here we are with something that could be amazing or complete shit, it is like making role the bones a racial.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Imo they should make it more reliable (not break on damage, only on kicks and hard cc), but nerf the amount healed from 100% to around 40%, and change cd from 1,5 min to 2-3 mins. That will reduce the disparity between perfect usage (or zandalari paladins with bubble hahaha) and average usage (insta break or get 1 tick only). Since channeling is a dps loss, the heal should be for a decent amount (more than the 20% you get from draenei racial since that one is a hot, not channeled), but not massively op like full hp in 4 sec. Keep it interruptible by kicks / stuns / grips / fears etc. to emphasize pvp counterplay, but not random stuff like dots and bleeds.
    If they'll reduce it to 40%, but make it 4 channel cast then it will no longer be attractive racial because then you can use any other heal. This is channeled ability not Hot you can cast any time in background and continue doing whatever you want. Channeling ability means that you need to drop everything in order to use it.

If nerfing it then max to 60% and 3 second cast then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    AFAIK an Ice Block + Regeneratin' works wonder to get that HP up.

Other than that, I think they're still not done with it. Isn't Pa'ku 5% critical strike?
    Pa'ku is a chance to get 4% crit for 12 second duation. at least this is what is written in toolkit.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

If they'll reduce it to 40%, but make it 4 channel cast then it will no longer be attractive racial because then you can use any other heal. This is channeled ability not Hot you can cast any time in background and continue doing whatever you want. Channeling ability means that you need to drop everything in order to use it.

If nerfing it then max to 60% and 3 second cast then.

- - - Updated - - -

Pa'ku is a chance to get 4% crit for 12 second duation. at least this is what is written in toolkit.
    They could make it still a channel but work how channel trinkets work where u can cast non-channel spells. But that would cause probably more balance issues.

Those racials were way too ovetuned especially that damn regen it needs to be nurfed into the ground horde already have a clear advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    Those racials were way too ovetuned especially that damn regen it needs to be nurfed into the ground horde already have a clear advantage
    Well regenerating is barely usable now if it beraks even with absorptio shield on, and when you use stagger on monk.

But this thread is mainly about Gift of the Loa racial which doesn't seem to be working now, and if it does then barely.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

disregarding some potentially been undertuned or over tuned your comparisons are flawed. not sure what you tested akunda on but pa'ku, kimbul and bwonsamdi are all tested on different classes. to compare % of damage done you really need to be testing on the same class, in the same spec and the same gear doing the exact same rotations. just taking your comparisons of kimbul and bwonsamdi, your comparing 2 different procs on a melee dps and caster dps with the warrior doing 200k more overall damage, now yes even when you stopped on the druid bwonsamdi did more overall damage this could come down to different proc rates for melee and casters, also with it been a balance druid doing bwonsamdi test was sunfire and lunastrike cleaving to adjacent target dummies potentially causing more procs than on pure single target.

finally one round of tests for not a lot of damage doesn't really say one way or another if ones better than the other these sorts of things need to be run multiple times for set periods of time to get an average as rng can and will cause variance in results.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    disregarding some potentially been undertuned or over tuned your comparisons are flawed. not sure what you tested akunda on but pa'ku, kimbul and bwonsamdi are all tested on different classes. to compare % of damage done you really need to be testing on the same class, in the same spec and the same gear doing the exact same rotations. just taking your comparisons of kimbul and bwonsamdi, your comparing 2 different procs on a melee dps and caster dps with the warrior doing 200k more overall damage, now yes even when you stopped on the druid bwonsamdi did more overall damage this could come down to different proc rates for melee and casters, also with it been a balance druid doing bwonsamdi test was sunfire and lunastrike cleaving to adjacent target dummies potentially causing more procs than on pure single target.

finally one round of tests for not a lot of damage doesn't really say one way or another if ones better than the other these sorts of things need to be run multiple times for set periods of time to get an average as rng can and will cause variance in results.
    I'll look it up tomorrow. This is why I created this thread to ask other players if they had same experiences because testing same racial on various classes does take a while.

@Syegfryed can you also please look it up if you can? I'd be very grateful for assistance. I'm asking because I saw you already making a thread on us forums regarding Zandalari racials.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-02-12 at 01:56 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    @Syegfryed can you also please look it up if you can? I'd be very grateful for assistance. I'm asking because I saw you already making a thread on us forums regarding Zandalari racials.
    i deleted the ptr after testing some things, gonna download again and see what i can do

Did you already send a bug report or something? suggestion in the official foruns? i think they can maybe hear better there

i was extremely annoyed by the CD, who didn't change yet

I think they screwed the whole thing again, the numbers are way too low now.

P.D: Still salty there isn't a Jani racial with giving 1% chance is getting rare items
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Yeah, Bwonsandi needs to be brought down and the others brought up to around 1%

To address one part

"oh and btw - Regeneratin' breaks even with absorption shield on, so even in situation where you play mage and have frost barrier on, blink away to quickly heal a mob can break it by auto attack from rifle for example and your racial is wasted."

The value and short CD are still overtuned given the relative strength of defensives and self heals nowadays. Even if you get just 1 tick that's really good compared to Gift of the Naaru on double the CD. That's not taking into account the extra survivability from Bwonsandi

Side question, does the glider racial share cd with glider btw? Assuming so

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i deleted the ptr after testing some things, gonna download again and see what i can do

Did you already send a bug report or something? suggestion in the official foruns? i think they can maybe hear better there

i was extremely annoyed by the CD, who didn't change yet

If it's too much trouble then you don't have to do it.

Anyway I've tested Gift of Kimbul yesterday on elemental shaman and it's even worse 0,3% of total damage.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    -lotta stuff-
    Gift of kimbul will be good for
    1. feral druids who buff bleeds
    2. pvp to stack up debuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Gift of kimbul will be good for
    1. feral druids who buff bleeds
    2. pvp to stack up debuffs.
    That's an interesting angle that I don't think a lot of people considered

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, Bwonsandi needs to be brought down and the others brought up to around 1%
    Lol, Bwonsamdi's racial to be brought down even more? Out of 308 k dps I did on balance druid, Gift of bwonsamdi did merely around 4k of damage. Berserking can do more because it allows for spells to be cast faster. With one extra hit Darkspear can outdid GoB. And other races have perma cirt or haste increase, not chance to activate.

The value and short CD are still overtuned given the relative strength of defensives and self heals nowadays. Even if you get just 1 tick that's really good compared to Gift of the Naaru on double the CD. That's not taking into account the extra survivability from Bwonsandi
    The value means nothing if you can't use it through majority of time unless you have paladin bubble that prevents any damage taken any other class has to be out of combat because auto attack/ dot completely disables it's use.

Side question, does the glider racial share cd with glider btw? Assuming so
    No.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria