Why did Blizzard wipe MMR for BFA Season 2?

I just can't understand the logic of this or find any information about it. I'm finding it extremely difficult to climb in rating gaining 5-7 points a win and losing 20+ from a loss. A lot of friends I PvP with are also experiencing this issue. The MMR is very low and even winning 4 games consecutively it barely climbs compared to previous seasons. I didn't see blizzard announce an MMR wipe anywhere. It's doing to discourage mid tier players constantly being pitted against 2400+ players at 1600 MMR.

If they have not announced anything then it's probably not intentional. Also what you described doesn't sound like a wipe, usually you get huge gains and losses in the first few matches after a wipe, not just one way. Either way, good luck.

Did they tho? After my 10 placements games I was 2,2k mmr

7+ Year Old Account
    Wipe is good, if MMR stayed the way it was everybody would be 3500 by end of season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    If they have not announced anything then it's probably not intentional. Also what you described doesn't sound like a wipe, usually you get huge gains and losses in the first few matches after a wipe, not just one way. Either way, good luck.
    They wipe after every season.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Wipe is good, if MMR stayed the way it was everybody would be 3500 by end of season.

They wipe after every season.
    Well there you have it. Another reason to not announce it is its too common a thing :/

honestly it sounds like exactly how the system should work

you're playing around some mmr that is too high for your capabilities, and the system 'punishes' you so you get placed into a lower bracket
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow