Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    "podcast that was fully funded"

    Don't you just need a mic and a guest?

    Also instead of posting cliche advice, why don't you post how you got funding for your initial venture?
    What some of the challenges your business faced and how you solved them.

    You know... actually useful advice...
    Don't really need a guest... You can just do monologue if you want too.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    making assumptions without context is a major character flaw.

    Business? Well, let's see.. We just launched our podcast as I mentioned earlier.

    We are looking for people in alternative/holistic medicine, anyone who has written any books on being Vegan, doing Keto, or other lifestyle diets.
    Looking for Dr. who study bio-organic farming, Bio-Mechanics.

    Upcoming: we have a few guests who have overcome overwhelming odds.
    For Example:

    We have a Ghost Recon From the Special Forces he will be talking about how he survived on the land in unknown areas, We have to give him a "codename" and can't have any film or photography.

    We have a woman who is coming down to talk about being sex trafficked all over the world.

    4 Gold Medalist Gymnastic Winner

    hrm.. but hey... can I sign up under your down line?
    Yeah, all this means nothing without any evidence or credibility. You literally fit the stereotype of the late 20's 'entrepreneur'. You claim some sort of intelligence or try to make people believe you are, but you can see evidence of the opposite in the way you type and your speech. Please, go focus on your next 'make x amount of money quick scheme' by listening to your favorite spiritual coach, and leave these game forums alone.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So the real question is if you had all the money in the world, or could simply work from home, or had what you NEED and some things you want, THEN WHAT?


    That prospect terrifies people more than people like yourself realize.
    I hear ya on this, my life has spun out over the past few months (probably why I'm pissing away more time on this place than I ever have before) and this is exactly where one of my gears stripped and just started spinning. Not to say I have all the money in the world, just that there was once a state where I had a vision for this, and now there is a state where I do not. Certainly your thoughts are more practical minded and useful than the flimflam man's, so appreciated.

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,052
    Weird flex but okay
    S.H.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    -snip
    You must have missed the link I posted earlier for “proof”. Go do some “research” instead of passing misinformation.

    I never claimed to be Intelligence , or smart, you are literally making stuff up now... stating facts as opinion.

    I am a 2x college drop out because I never understood why there was only one way to get the results the professor wanted.

    why couldn’t I search the internet for an answer to a question I didn’t remember or ask a friend.

    School is just about memorizing.

    Its not about thinking outside the box.

    It’s actually pretty limiting.

    Most jobs say congrats on the degree, now this is how you are going to do your job.

    You never learn about how to invest, network or have confidence in school.

    I recently tried to go back 2 years ago and didn’t understand why I had to take an accounting class that I am already paying my CPA to do my book keeping and accounting, I should just get an A in the class because I am already hiring someone to do it for me.

    Education today is outdated and over priced for a piece of paper that most people don’t even use in their line of work.

    Education is time gated.

    Mentorship is going to over take traditional education soon, I would say in the next 5-10 years.

    We are already seeing signs in which people like
    Gary Vee
    Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
    Tony Robbins
    And many others

    Will charge tens of thousands tonmentor you for 1 month, 6 months ? A year? And you will get more out of that time span than ANY 4 year degree.

    Plus would also have a much higher ROI than any degree.

    And you know what.. it’s faster, less expensive and hands on experience with leaders In the field.

    So, sure I put in the work now because I don’t want to work all my life.

    I don’t want to have to work till I am 65+ plus to make ends meet.

    I am not satisfied with a 3% raise for cost of living.

    And more of all, I’ll have only myself to blame if I were to fail.

    I can’t place blame on someone else because I wasn’t successful or I was let go from my company.

    But hey... if it makes you feel better about yourself to bring people down then sure, you are better than me in every way .
    You are superior and you are right about every opinion you stated earlier and all the judgements you made.

    You win buddy, congrats, does it make you feel better? What did you win? +1 Internet Points for you.

  6. #66
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    34,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I hear ya on this, my life has spun out over the past few months (probably why I'm pissing away more time on this place than I ever have before) and this is exactly where one of my gears stripped and just started spinning. Not to say I have all the money in the world, just that there was once a state where I had a vision for this, and now there is a state where I do not. Certainly your thoughts are more practical minded and useful than the flimflam man's, so appreciated.
    Yeah, there is no end to the amount of worthless advice that exist and people that dispense it who have no earthly idea of what they are talking about, either because they are looking to sell you something that cost more than they are willing to mention, or because they mean well, and want to sell you something they bought.

    I don't give advice for this reason, nor do I subscribe to any silly steps, or mantra or any of that other nonsense. I don't give advice because it simply isn't free it has to be earned through a life lived.

    The real question is how do you trust information from anyone who has never been where you have been, lived what you lived, or feel how you feel having lived it. Not knowing everything doesn't mean not knowing anything.

    However, most of the nonsense in the OP's list isn't knowing anything.


    If knowledge has ever been worth anything for me, it cost something, money, time or mind.

    That is why knowing what I want helped me make better choices, otherwise if I am just making choices just to see where the road takes me, then I am on the wrong path. I have done that shit when I was really much much younger, I know where the roads lead, more importantly I know where I want to go and where I don't. That has actually gotten where i wanted to go, now I am just satisfied to keep learning and improving.


    I think if spinning your wheels is something you need to do, then you'll likely keep doing it until you don't want/need to.

    In general Being in the place you are mentally, physically or emotionally might not be the same place as everyone else, sometimes that means being alone, and not having rules, or manuals or scripts to bail you out either.

    I also think being able to critically think, and problem solve alone is valuable. For me that is when I realize what I wanted and didn't and became more comfortable in my own skin.

    My Kick in life is I love learning, meaning really learning things, not feeling rushed, or pressured. Reading and researching a lot about biology as it relates to genetics and medicine, I would never have imagined how fun that could be, or learning how to fly a plane.

    At some point I'd like to learn a new language, Chinese I think.

    Bottom line is knowing what you want, I think is the scary prospect for most.

    I know plenty of people who run successful business's they all still struggle with what they want. I don't and the people I know who are the most successful don't and it isn't about money.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    -snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    - snip
    10000% on that.. money is a tool, I am sure that you have heard "time is money friend"( world of warcraft).. and it takes money to make money..

    This week in our mastermind group we had a question to rank 6 things from most important to least.

    you can review my reply via email during our weekly recap, below:
    https://ibb.co/VLBqrYL

    None of my tips mention anything about living outside your means, I even mention if you don't have money you need to start getting creative, because that is free.

    What you described is 1000% true, you have to have a purpose or intent to get where you want to get, I have seen so many people in the WoW community who literally have "Learned Helplessness" or no realt "purpose" in life and that's why they are in wow for 5+ hours a day when they come home because

    1. Blizzard made it a habit for them ( Dailies)
    2. They feel like they have some sort of accomplishment in wow with achievements ( Thanks endorphin, oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine )
    3. They have put YEARS into their account and hard for them to just give it up because that the only thing they have put their life into.

    I think most people are negative today or not living life with a purpose due to social media.
    Too many people with low self-esteem who let others dictate their own self-worth, which is scary to think about.
    Because that is not what self-esteem is, self-esteem is how you feel about your own self.
    Do you know how dangerous it is to let someone else dictate how you should feel about yourself?

    ( using "you" in a general sense")

    You mentioned "Free" Knowledge is just that. Free.. and not worth anything.
    Which is false because, in reality, it really isn't free because your time is worth something...

    Why do you think the most successful people have mentors and coaches. It gives people another perspective or help overcome obstacles.

    The most successful people know that they can exchange money for time at a much lower rate because they VALUE their TIME more than MONEY.

    Mentoring is about having someone invested in you just as much as you are in yourself.

    You said most people don't give away "their secrets" but in today's world there are no secrets, we have the internet and plenty of free resources for people to learn from. For example, I learned everything from real state investing from biggerpockets.com and podcasts and actually doing it.

    In 2015, I bought my first investment property ( 20% down)
    in 2016 I bought my second investment property (20% down)
    in 2017 I bought my third investment property and used the equity I built in my first property to purchase my third ( transfer of equity)
    in 2018 it was more of a rebuilding year for my business in which I cut down my day in half while making similar money.
    in 2019 my plan was to sell all my assets and do a 1031 exchange (defer capital gains) but now I plan to do what I did in 2017 in which I will pull all the equity out of all my properties (up to 75%) and buy 3x 4-unit properties.

    Before you say that I might be "living outside my means" Let me assure you that in the next few years when we have a downturn that I'll have enough equity built back up that I won't be underwater on my properties...

    I also know my numbers and that 60% of my rents make up 100% of my mortgage and using the other 40% to reinvest. ( I never paid anything to learn about all this stuff, "free" knowledge)

    Let's go back to where you said if I had all the money in the world what would I do.

    well, My Wife and I don't buy each other gifts, we go for adventures or experiences.

    We have been to Bora Bora, Tahiti and to Dubai, a few places in Europe but we would love to see more places, experience more cultures, eat the different types of foods and just be outside our realm.

    We would love to see more of Asia, Scotland, Ireland to name a few.

    I am actually going to burning man this year which I am very excited about.
    These are their 10 Principles

    Radical Inclusion. Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. ...
    Gifting. Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. ...
    Decommodification. ...
    Radical Self-reliance. ...
    Radical Self-expression. ...
    Communal Effort. ...
    Civic Responsibility. ...
    Leaving No Trace.
    Participation
    Immediacy

    I am very excited about Decommodification and Gifting. The Idea of building a city with no labels, no cell phones, and helping each other create something out of nothing sounds amazing. I have never been and looking forward to the experience of a lifetime.

    I would stay active and I would continue to work on my businesses because I actually enjoy helping people and changing their lives. Plus the interaction with people on the daily is something we all need, being alone and secluded is not good for one's health.

    If I had all the money in the world, I probably wouldn't change anything I am doing now but just do it on a bigger scale.. Helping more people.
    Last edited by Itheni; Today at 01:30 PM.

  8. #68
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    34,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    You must have missed the link I posted earlier for “proof”. Go do some “research” instead of passing misinformation.

    I never claimed to be Intelligence , or smart, you are literally making stuff up now... stating facts as opinion.

    I am a 2x college drop out because I never understood why there was only one way to get the results the professor wanted.
    I know a guy who is a plumber who had the wisdom to not waste time dropping out of college once let alone twice, and he has a pretty successful small business.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    why couldn’t I search the internet for an answer to a question I didn’t remember or ask a friend.

    School is just about memorizing.
    This isn't true, school is an academic institution who's main purpose is to train in specific discipline, art or profession. They can be invaluable places, for the general populace to be educated and where fields of specialty can be advanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Its not about thinking outside the box.

    It’s actually pretty limiting.
    So this is your philosophy I take it?

    Because it really sounds like you have a gross misunderstanding of what school is for let alone institutions of higher learning. There is no practical application for this theory of yours not in philosophical way, or technical.

    Generally if you go to school you are there to LEARN, if you are in a institution of higher learning, you are already open minded to learning how to build on the discipline you specialize in.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Most jobs say congrats on the degree, now this is how you are going to do your job.

    You never learn about how to invest, network or have confidence in school.

    One has absolutely nothing to do with another, a job is simply a task that needs to be done, while going to school might teach you how to be able to do that task and proof you have taken the proper qualified training, it in no way is supposed to assure you work.

    As to confidence as it pertains to investing, networking that is what Business School is for, confidence is not taught, because it should be gained through doing something you should be confident in.

    As opposed to people with way too much EGO, who have a lot of philosophies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I recently tried to go back 2 years ago and didn’t understand why I had to take an accounting class that I am already paying my CPA to do my book keeping and accounting, I should just get an A in the class because I am already hiring someone to do it for me.
    Because think to a lot of diploma mills run by philosophers generally Entrepreneurs or scam artist, a lot of schools have to make sure you are qualified in the discipline you have undergone before they are going to attached their schools reputation, to someone who has something on paper, that can't demonstrate the working knowlege they are supposed to have.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Education today is outdated and over priced for a piece of paper that most people don’t even use in their line of work.
    No education today, real education is based on a model that has worked for thousands of years. The only reason it's expensive is because of politics, more competition, and diploma mills.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Education is time gated.
    No it actually isn't time gated, most schools and esteemed Universities go by an academic Schedule, because the faculty and those teaching are also human beings, and they need time to coordinate their schedules, as do students who many times spend time in the interim plying their craft.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Mentorship is going to over take traditional education soon, I would say in the next 5-10 years.

    We are already seeing signs in which people like
    Gary Vee
    Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
    Tony Robbins
    And many others
    No these are scam artist, who will likely be on the news soon, because there are already a lot of complaints about at least two of the individuals you have listed. Life Coaching really doesn't qualify as much of an Academic Profession.

    And the Mentor ship, otherwise free or labor, really isn't a field one is qualified in doing other than to free up a lot of people with possible mental problems bank accounts of cash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Will charge tens of thousands tonmentor you for 1 month, 6 months ? A year? And you will get more out of that time span than ANY 4 year degree.

    Plus would also have a much higher ROI than any degree.
    Yes they spend thousands of dollars telling people useless information that could be supplied almost anywhere for free, as for Return on Investment. I think that is a very loose definition of that term.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    And you know what.. it’s faster, less expensive and hands on experience with leaders In the field.
    No, they are Life Coaches, AKA Mini Motivational Speakers, who sell other people the same kind of nonsense they got sold into. In other words is a Pyramid Scheme.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    So, sure I put in the work now because I don’t want to work all my life.

    I don’t want to have to work till I am 65+ plus to make ends meet.

    I am not satisfied with a 3% raise for cost of living.

    And more of all, I’ll have only myself to blame if I were to fail.
    I admit I have no clue if this is true of you at all, but based not on you specifically, but the market you are talking about and the reasoning and logic you have used in this thread.

    I would say you are likely trying to SELL something. The Truth is whether you know it or not, and my Spidey senses suggest you do. My guess is you are busy pitching because of all that wonderful ROI you are on about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I can’t place blame on someone else because I wasn’t successful or I was let go from my company.
    Without context and specific context this means nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    But hey... if it makes you feel better about yourself to bring people down then sure, you are better than me in every way .
    You are superior and you are right about every opinion you stated earlier and all the judgements you made.
    This is deflection, and you are pitching. This is also commonly known as a straw man although this is actually a prime example of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    You win buddy, congrats, does it make you feel better? What did you win? +1 Internet Points for you.
    Now you default to being defensive. This is the actual cost of listening to you or any of the stuff you posted.

    Tell people a bunch of bullshit you know deep down they likely want to believe, and you bait the hook until you have a few interested. Then you reel people in with a lot of high energy, easily believed factoids, and non specifics.

    And if you get in trouble, just pivot to nonsense about negative energy, and and people not really wanting things hard enough.


    I think Benny Hinn, has better act.


    Bottom Line, everything you have said, is a sure way of not only for sure having no money, but also a good way to end up broken in more than one way.


    Yes the worlds tough, and many things about it aren't perfect, but that doesn't suggest short cuts, and snake oil are going to fix it. The truth is if you simply do the work, apply yourself, and take the good with the bad, you might not end up like Tony Robbins selling people BS to rich of some delusion he will make them rich or successful.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; Today at 01:45 PM.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    How do you acquire the right presentation/communication skills in order to not look like a babling idiot?
    You can get all the skills you need for free from MOOCs. At coursera and edX.
    Everything you need is available there for free
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    - snip
    I feel like you went to some program and got burned and now are ready to desecrate anyone who speaks of anything positive. .. I said 4-year education not grad schools, assumptions.
    Undergrad is to get your feet wet in different fields.. like changing jobs. but with better results. ( because it's hands on experience)


    You know what worked for 110 years? Taxis, Then Uber Came.
    You know what also worked for Millions of years? inherited knowledge, Story telling, then we wanted to store that data, now we have the internet, faster, quicker, better.

    Why are schools offering online programs now... It's more engaging, better, faster, cheaper.


    " A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Last edited by Itheni; Today at 02:20 PM.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Education today is outdated and over priced for a piece of paper that most people don’t even use in their line of work.
    Data disagrees with you
    https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/20...ation-pays.htm

    Education pays. It is worth it. It is not a piece of paper. It is knowledge. It is investment in yourself.
    You can do distance learning education very cheap, and it won't have the irrelevant courses you don't like.
    If you really are interested in improving yourself, I can suggest to you where to get education top quality, very cheap, and totally worth it. I don't charge anything for the advise, just tell me which profession interests you

    The problem nowadays is people have difficulty finding the right education and they end up in wrong place and drop out
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Data disagrees with you
    https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/20...ation-pays.htm

    Education pays. It is worth it. It is not a piece of paper. It is knowledge. It is investment in yourself.

    So is switching jobs every 6 months, but real life experience. Wonder what the numbers say how much it really pays when you take into consideration the debt and interest and lost wages due to 4 years of schooling.

    someone else mentioned alot of great resources with free courses to improve themselves from top rated universities

    khan academy
    udacity
    edX
    MIT Open Course
    CodeAdecemy
    Freecodecamp
    Last edited by Itheni; Today at 03:00 PM.

  13. #73
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    34,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    10000% on that.. money is a tool, I am sure that you have heard "time is money friend"( world of warcraft).. and it takes money to make money..
    I have heard time is money, however that is typically spewed by people who spew a lot of none specific nonsense. And no it doesn't take money to make money, it is true once you learn how to manage and budget, and with prudent habits and discipline money becomes easier to come by, but no it doesn't per say take money to make money this is nonsense.

    This week in our mastermind group we had a question to rank 6 things from most important to least.

    you can review my reply via email during our weekly recap, below
    I am not interested in your sales pitch on twitter, pericscope or anywhere, else, I am sure however if anybody else is interested in your advertisement, they can click on the link in the post I am replying to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    None of my tips mention anything about living outside your means, I even mention if you don't have money you need to start getting creative, because that is free.
    Well living inside your means is a lot more valuable than a bunch of clever Facebook like platitudes. And no nothing is free, this conversation isn't free, your opinions aren't even free, The Cost for entertaining you could be ones life savings and mind. It happens all the time.

    I see your teeth dude.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    What you described is 1000% true, you have to have a purpose or intent to get where you want to get, I have seen so many people in the WoW community who literally have "Learned Helplessness" or no realt "purpose" in life and that's why they are in wow for 5+ hours a day when they come home because
    No it's called reality, and the way to deal with real problems is by really dealing with them or learning and obtaining resources to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    1. Blizzard made it a habit for them ( Dailies)
    2. They feel like they have some sort of accomplishment in wow with achievements ( Thanks endorphin, oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine )
    3. They have put YEARS into their account and hard for them to just give it up because that the only thing they have put their life into.
    This is true, however World of Warcraft if Entertainment, therefor people know that at the end of the day, they could lose the day, which is Time which if you want you could conflate to money.

    However Blizzard already beat you to it on that premium. Some people invest that time making friends, other can even go on to make it a career, participate in leagues, etc.

    So there is an exchange sure, just like their could be simply an exchange by going to a 6 to $10,000 Convention, however there is a big difference in what you describe and WoW Selling.

    And pitching people bullshit from unqualified individuals, who master in nonspecific language, to do the exact same thing you mentioned with the badly applied comparison to Thanks endorphin, oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine.

    Which in itself just mentioning doesn't make it true or scientific. Yes people derive pleasure and pain from stimulation, and some of that can be used to train the brain and modify behavior, however there are very specific and non specific ways of doing that.

    NONE of which explicitly has anything to do with what you you seem to be eluding.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I think most people are negative today or not living life with a purpose due to social media.
    Too many people with low self-esteem who let others dictate their own self-worth, which is scary to think about.
    Because that is not what self-esteem is, self-esteem is how you feel about your own self.
    Do you know how dangerous it is to let someone else dictate how you should feel about yourself?
    I agree with some of this, but on the whole probably not for the reason that, while I am of a similar opinion in a general sense, I am not qualified in a clinical sense to really make pronouncements

    In this thread I have only ever been talking about myself with authority, because I am the expert on me, that's it, I do know some things, about the reasons why people think negatively, but there are many sources.

    I think one source are overly flowery unrealistic ideas about muddled concepts, or declarations from unqualified sources, it's also why I think we have the problem with Fake News for example and a few other issues.

    But most of that is organic rather than social engineering. I think the parts that might be social engineering are those that push back against another kind. Some might call it being Skeptical, Emo, etc.

    The reality is I think it's all party of the same coin, clinging to negativity, or on some positive rush.

    Maybe it's too much of both or not a proper balance, but again, I don't have all the answers, and I don't think anyone does. I do however know some have better answer and more qualified answers than some.

    And selling people BS isn't the Hallmark of someone qualified to do anything other than take peoples money, time, or mind.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    ( using "you" in a general sense")

    You mentioned "Free" Knowledge is just that. Free.. and not worth anything.
    Which is false because, in reality, it really isn't free because your time is worth something...
    No it's not, I said knowledge is earned, I mean my time could be worthless, same as yours or anyone's. What gives if value, is the individual, if a person doesn't value their own time then there isn't anything lost or can be wasted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Why do you think the most successful people have mentors and coaches. It gives people another perspective or help overcome obstacles.
    No most don't and there isn't anything you could tell Michael Jordan, or Bill Gates, or Warren Buffet and neither could I Specifically, or Tony Robbins. Maybe one of the above will say that, but I don't know them and I don't know why they would say that. If they did then they did.

    But no most people who are successful really successful were never coached, because you really can't be coached by someone who isn't the same position. Michael Jordan did have a coach of course, but that had nothing to do with him being successful anymore than it had to do with Scottie Pepin later on not being successful.

    Success isn't a static thing, it's fluid.




    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    The most successful people know that they can exchange money for time at a much lower rate because they VALUE their TIME more than MONEY.
    Yes and just like time Money doesn't have the same value to all people regardless to what numbers are on it. Some so called successful people are very lonely, if they can buy a friend, or someone telling them what to do they will.

    Doesn't mean it's valuable. Nor is it a premium plenty of ladies in Vegas provide, it doesn't make them responsible for the success of their clients either. And it sure as hell isn't a sign any of them are successful anywhere else either.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Mentoring is about having someone invested in you just as much as you are in yourself.
    No it's about a scheme to separate what is valuable to one from another, which is their cash, but first their mind. That's not really an investment


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    You said most people don't give away "their secrets" but in today's world there are no secrets, we have the internet and plenty of free resources for people to learn from. For example, I learned everything from real state investing from biggerpockets.com and podcasts and actually doing it.
    I don't recall using the word secret, but yes lots of information is on the internet, like Smoking causes lung cancer. I am sure that is a secret to some very very ignorant people.

    However that knowledge in and of itself, isn't going to make someone quit, start up, or keep smoking per say. It's individual choice. People who smoke know it can or will give them cancer, they choose to make the trade for the enjoyment. Not living longer is the trade off. My statement was about knowledge and it meaning nothing vs people making a choice.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    In 2015, I bought my first investment property ( 20% down)
    in 2016 I bought my second investment property (20% down)
    in 2017 I bought my third investment property and used the equity I built in my first property to purchase my third ( transfer of equity)
    in 2018 it was more of a rebuilding year for my business in which I cut down my day in half while making similar money.
    in 2019 my plan was to sell all my assets and do a 1031 exchange (defer capital gains) but now I plan to do what I did in 2017 in which I will pull all the equity out of all my properties (up to 75%) and buy 3x 4-unit properties.
    Yeah well I am not a slum lord, and much of what you are talking about is actually creating a huge problem in many markets that aren't so much in demand, where I am in that is a bit different.

    However most if not all of what you are saying is extremely problematic, not only for those who can clearly understand the problem with what you do, but many who can't who follow your horrific advice and end up with with distressed properties they don't own, they put no real investment in, and OWE money on a property that is no better off for their scheme.

    In many cases this sort of shit actually gets people in all kinds of legal problems because they believe a lot of bullshit sold on bullet points from scam artist, and then they go into buying properties, with no expressed purpose of fixing them up, making them legally livable and others will try to cut even more corners by illegally renting, and putting that money towards more properties.

    Yes there are even entire families that do this sort of nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Before you say that I might be "living outside my means" Let me assure you that in the next few years when we have a downturn that I'll have enough equity built back up that I won't be underwater on my properties...
    Well I don't know you to know if you are living outside your means, but the formula you just gave is, and not only that you are living outside the means of everyone paying property taxes or living in the neighborhoods you are talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I also know my numbers and that 60% of my rents make up 100% of my mortgage and using the other 40% to reinvest. ( I never paid anything to learn about all this stuff, "free" knowledge)
    I own 3 Properties I rent now all Duplexes and right now they all have pretty much paid for themselves, I will own them free and clear in about a year, and none of them have ever been in distress or in violation. Taxes are paid. The only reason I am paying anything now is because I made an investment in those properties. As a result property rates have gone up, paid off loans quicker, and never had a problem filling vacancies or with tenants. My only goal is to make enough off my investments to add to my retirement until after I sell or rent out the home I already own. That's it If I did what you are doing I could own more, if I used your formula I could also.

    But thankfully I know people who have been doing this a long time, who are honest who's experience I got a long time back. I got a good look at properties and the results of what happens when people do it like you explained.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    well, My Wife and I don't buy each other gifts, we go for adventures or experiences.

    We have been to Bora Bora, Tahiti and to Dubai, a few places in Europe but we would love to see more places, experience more cultures, eat the different types of foods and just be outside our realm.

    We would love to see more of Asia, Scotland, Ireland to name a few.

    I am actually going to burning man this year which I am very excited about.
    Well honestly this is awesome, I would never begrudge you on any of this. Sounds like a lot of fun and you are obviously doing what you love.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    These are their 10 Principles

    Radical Inclusion. Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. ...
    Gifting. Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. ...
    Decommodification. ...
    Radical Self-reliance. ...
    Radical Self-expression. ...
    Communal Effort. ...
    Civic Responsibility. ...
    Leaving No Trace.
    Participation
    Immediacy
    Haha not bad, never honestly been, but I am pretty lame, I think you have to be young, a model, or cool to do stuff like that. So I am likely not going to fit in, plus burning man, death valley NAH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I am very excited about Decommodification and Gifting. The Idea of building a city with no labels, no cell phones, and helping each other create something out of nothing sounds amazing. I have never been and looking forward to the experience of a lifetime.

    I would stay active and I would continue to work on my businesses because I actually enjoy helping people and changing their lives. Plus the interaction with people on the daily is something we all need, being alone and secluded is not good for one's health.

    If I had all the money in the world, I probably wouldn't change anything I am doing now but just do it on a bigger scale.. Helping more people.

    Well I've seen the pitch, and Commercials as I said, I don't know you, but nothing wrong with having passion. If it works for you it works.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    "podcast that was fully funded"

    Don't you just need a mic and a guest?

    Also instead of posting cliche advice, why don't you post how you got funding for your initial venture?
    What some of the challenges your business faced and how you solved them.

    You know... actually useful advice...
    Because he can;t and most of what he said is most likely just made up horseshit.

    This is what we call, a con artist. Someone who will say all these things, hope someone messages them, or replies in kind, they then build up a rapport, then attempt to defraud them in some way, either through "You sound like you have some good ideas, wanna get on board with my next venture?" or ask them to send money in order to help coach them some more.

    Just sad it is even on this forum with all honesty.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    -snip
    I assure you that I care about my properties just as much as you do. We just tend to leverage them differently. I have put all new roofs, Ac Units and yes all my taxes are paid.

    We just look at risk differently, not wrong not right, just different =)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Because he can;t and most of what he said is most likely just made up horseshit.

    This is what we call, a con artist. Someone who will say all these things, hope someone messages them, or replies in kind, they then build up a rapport, then attempt to defraud them in some way, either through "You sound like you have some good ideas, wanna get on board with my next venture?" or ask them to send money in order to help coach them some more.

    Just sad it is even on this forum with all honesty.
    Na, I am not into coaching or mentoring, takes to much time. Feel Free to read the other pages before you make assumptions without context.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Haha not bad, never honestly been, but I am pretty lame, I think you have to be young, a model, or cool to do stuff like that. So I am likely not going to fit in, plus burning man, death valley NAH!
    no you don't, it's accepting everyone for who they are.. I hear people use a fake names like " Big Bear" Or "Snooze" to describe who they really are..

    Burning man is in Nevada, Black Rock City... Now how much do you want to come?

  16. #76
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    34,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    I feel like you went to some program and got burned and now are ready to desecrate anyone who speaks of anything positive. .. I said 4-year education not grad schools, assumptions.
    Undergrad is to get your feet wet in different fields.. like changing jobs. but with better results. ( because it's hands on experience)
    Any field requires you prove yourself. However you can't hire someone simply because they think they can do the work.

    I mean you said you own properties right, let me take a gamble here, let's SAY you don't have a property management company that deals with things like maintenance and that sort of thing and you are going to hire an electrician. You're cousin says he can do the job because he did some sort of online schooling and he can save you money over hiring a qualified, licensed and bonded, electrician, who has been verified by more than one source.

    You going to hire your cousin?

    I mean he watches a lot of YouTube.



    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    You know what worked for 110 years? Taxis, Then Uber Came.
    Taxis still exist, they are likely going to go on existing in some form and 110 years is no comparison to an over 2000 year bedrock tradition of academic principle.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    You know what also worked for Millions of years? inherited knowledge, Story telling, then we wanted to store that data, now we have the internet, faster, quicker, better.
    Actually no it didn't work and if you are a limited student of history, you would know that a great many things, including technology have been stifled and lost because of such unverifiable and reliable methods.

    In fact if people went back too it, they would end up like some of the lost tribes that actually exist today. Knowledge has to be verified, Empirical Method, it has to be built upon, which requires those that come before to educate as many who come along as possible to make improvements.


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Why are schools offering online programs now... It's more engaging, better, faster, cheaper.
    Which schools, some are diploma mills, some aren't legit, shit in fact, there are places now that will just print you up any kind of diploma you want from any school you like.

    Sure a degree is important, but none have said its a substitute from demonstrated proficiency or skill, or that one wouldn't have actually know what they are doing. And yes you could for example try to fake your way into a MENSA get together.

    It's only a matter of time before they realize you aren't a member, no matter how good you look. Some things you can't fake, critical thinking, problem solving aren't taught in school, and that has never been their aim.

    The purpose of school is to LEARN, so that you can build on top of what most should have developed on their own with parents or guardians who care for them


    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    " A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    That's really cute but

    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer Bruce Lee

    Neither of our quotes really means anything outside of context, whether it be fact or opinion. Without reasoning there is no point.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •