15+ Year Old Account

Starbucks Secret Menu items: Butterbeer & Polyjuice Potion

Has anyone tried the butterbeer or polyjuice potion from Starbucks? I've tried the butterbeer and enjoyed it quite much. I just found out about the polyjuice potion and am curious about it.

Butterbeer:
    venti size creme frappuccino base whole milk. 4 pumps caramel syrup, 4 pumps toffee nut syrup, drizzle with caramel

Polyjuice Potion:
    Cherry Blossom Frappuccino (Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino with drizzle lining the cup made from white mocha sauce and matcha powder), Add espresso (1 shot tall and grande, 2 venti), Add vanilla syrup (1 pump tall, 1 ½ grande, 2 venti)

What are your thoughts on them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Gimmie :q

10+ Year Old Account
    sound gross and disgusting. and nothing like what they actually should be. (butter+beer.) NOT FUCKING CARAMEL AND TOFFEE.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Eh a Starbucks butterbeer sounds....I dunno, not super appealing lol. I might give it a try, though.

https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/butterbeer/<- this is a great recipe for butterbeer, recommended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    sound gross and disgusting. and nothing like what they actually should be. (butter+beer.) NOT FUCKING CARAMEL AND TOFFEE.
    The butterbeer isn't an actual beer. Its supposed to be a sweet drink. That's why the kids at Hogwarts were able to drink them. Not to mention the butterbeer that is served at the Wizarding World in Florida was given the ok from Rowling as being a butterbeer & is what the Starbucks recipe is based on flavor wise.

Butterbeer in the books is alcoholic but not beer. Probably includes something like butterscotch schnapps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The butterbeer isn't an actual beer. Its supposed to be a sweet drink. That's why the kids at Hogwarts were able to drink them. Not to mention the butterbeer that is served at the Wizarding World in Florida was given the ok from Rowling as being a butterbeer & is what the Starbucks recipe is based on flavor wise.
    why does everything have to have fucking caramel in it. caramel is gross disgusting and vile and its in EVERYTHING. also what rowling says matters little to me anymore after what she did with the grindelwald crimes movie and all that other bs retconning. imo she's lost her touch ever since cursed child. (yeah i know she didn't write it but she gave it her blessing that's almost as bad.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Eh a Starbucks butterbeer sounds....I dunno, not super appealing lol. I might give it a try, though.

https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/butterbeer/<- this is a great recipe for butterbeer, recommended.
    That sounds interesting. Never heard of butter extract before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even diabetic and I feel like I need an insulin injection just from reading the ingredients.

That said.. I'd have to taste it to make any kind of assumption. Sounds like a nasty caramel candy but hey, might be good. I'll probably never know.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That sounds interesting. Never heard of butter extract before.
    You have to get a good quality one or it tastes like ass... way too chemical-y. Can try substituting butter I guess but that would likely impact the consistency. Mix all the other ingredients with a mixer first (including the butter) before adding the cream soda.

If you're going to play around with the recipe, you can also add brown sugar to the actual drink (that's basically what butterscotch flavor is, brown sugar and butter).

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/h...d-64a07ffb2894 alternative recipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You have to get a good quality one or it tastes like ass... way too chemical-y. Can try substituting butter I guess but that would likely impact the consistency. Mix all the other ingredients with a mixer first (including the butter) before adding the cream soda.

If you're going to play around with the recipe, you can also add brown sugar to the actual drink (that's basically what butterscotch flavor is, brown sugar and butter).

https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/h...d-64a07ffb2894 alternative recipe.
    Oh I know about making homemade butterscotch & homemade caramel. Done both in my life. Very tasty stuff there!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "secret menu items" in Franchise Brands are one of the most retarded things to come out of the 21st century.

This reminds me of the CinemaSins quote "No, I've had your butterbeer, you turned sweet into a swear word."

As for me I have not tried it, mostly because I do that go to Starbucks. As much as I dislike Harry Potter I wouldn't mind trying that once.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’re from the 20th century. The first I was made aware of was In n’ Out. A buddy asked for animal style and I was like wtf. Then another friend ordered a 4x4 a week later and I realized they had more than the 7 items displayed on the menu.
    I've really only seen them become a popular/common occurrence since like 2007. But either way, if you had them before 2000, my point of how stupid they are still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, party pooper in to ruin the fun.

I think it's kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the butterbeer at Universal...this one is nothing like it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    The only “sugary” drink I do is beer at this point. Other than that it’s just water. I already only sleep around 5 hours a night, no reason to add caffeine to the mix.
    The Butterbeer doesn't have any caffeine in it. The Polyjuice Potion does though since it has 1 or 2 shots of espresso in it depending on the size you order.

They’re from the 20th century. The first I was made aware of was In n’ Out. A buddy asked for animal style and I was like wtf. Then another friend ordered a 4x4 a week later and I realized they had more than the 7 items displayed on the menu.
    I've known about the animal style since the mid 90's. I love my burger that way + protein style (bunless wrapped in lettuce instead) with grilled AND fresh onions. Not a fan of the animal style fries though. Whenever we go to In N Out and our dog is with us we order her a Flying Dutchman (2 patties with cheese between them). I have to say though, even when I was a lot fatter, I never ordered a 3x3 or 4x4 because good lord that's too much food for me lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They’re a bit silly, but they have a place. While it’s not franchises, many decent Chinese restaurants have a secret menu as well. Stuff that’s actual chinese food and not stuff like General Tso’s.
    I'm fine with Specialty places having secret menus. It's a kind of homely gimmick. Hence why I specified Franchises.