Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, rather than get them sweet, dishonest outragebait clicks he could have like...asked them? Did he not do this before he made his video?
    The Lamon Gamon embraces the outrage. I mean, they aren't shy about saying their channel is popular because of the shit talking they do towards Bungie/EA/Activision/other companies that deserve to be shit talked for all their mistakes. When EA fucks up they get excited.

    I love em though. They have the best memes.

  2. #42
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But have the communicated openly about them, or was things something that was caught in a trailer?



    Well, rather than get them sweet, dishonest outragebait clicks he could have like...asked them? Did he not do this before he made his video?
    Was it really dishonest? It was a genuine concern considering, the crap Bethesda has pulled over the Fallout 76 debacle (the canvas bag for deluxe owners that turned out to be cheap nylon), not to forget how many more developers/publishers have done similar crap, EA with Battlefront 2, also the crap with Destiny 2..

    And in the end they did get a response from Bethesda because it seemed more than likely that Bethesda were not going to say anything unless someone called them out on it..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The Lamon Gamon embraces the outrage. I mean, they aren't shy about saying their channel is popular because of the shit talking they do towards Bungie/EA/Activision/other companies that deserve to be shit talked for all their mistakes. When EA fucks up they get excited.

    I love em though. They have the best memes.
    Yeah that is why I like their channel because they don't pull any punches, and they are not afraid to speak their mind and will admit when they get it wrong..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-02-14 at 02:19 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Was it really dishonest? It was a genuine concern considering, the crap Bethesda has pulled over the Fallout 76 debacle (the canvas bag for deluxe owners that turned out to be cheap nylon), not to forget how many more developers/publishers have done similar crap, EA with Battlefront 2, not to forget the crap with Destiny 2.
    Bethesda aren't other publishers. Bethesda are Bethesda. And while they deserve all the flak they're getting for FO76, one major fuckup doesn't mean that suddenly "EVIL PUBLISHER!", they're simply not the gods that people have treated them as for years.

    It was dishonest because he apparently didn't even try to find out more information from them before creating his video. That's lying by omission.

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And in the end they did get a response from Bethesda because it seemed more than likely that Bethesda were not going to say anything unless someone called them out on it.
    And this is based off of...? Again, if he'd asked them and they'd ghosted him or refused to answer then that'd be more fair to make a video pointing out that "Hey, we don't know what this thing is. It could be monetized and scummy or it couldn't be, but we just don't know. So don't freak out and get mad, but just be cautious."

    Not, "BETHESDA SELLING IN GAME CHEATS?!?!?!??!!"

    Outrage bait channels are bad and they're leaving us with large swaths of poorly informed or misinformed consumers. It's not in the best interests of views to consume bad information just because it fits their point of view.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bethesda aren't other publishers. Bethesda are Bethesda. And while they deserve all the flak they're getting for FO76, one major fuckup doesn't mean that suddenly "EVIL PUBLISHER!", they're simply not the gods that people have treated them as for years.

    It was dishonest because he apparently didn't even try to find out more information from them before creating his video. That's lying by omission.



    And this is based off of...? Again, if he'd asked them and they'd ghosted him or refused to answer then that'd be more fair to make a video pointing out that "Hey, we don't know what this thing is. It could be monetized and scummy or it couldn't be, but we just don't know. So don't freak out and get mad, but just be cautious."

    Not, "BETHESDA SELLING IN GAME CHEATS?!?!?!??!!"

    Outrage bait channels are bad and they're leaving us with large swaths of poorly informed or misinformed consumers. It's not in the best interests of views to consume bad information just because it fits their point of view.
    Hey. It was perfectly fine to scream horse armor, curse Todd Howard and post clickbait in the Fallout thread. Why isn't it fine here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Communism doesn't lead to a gulag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    To me, liberals and conservatives are all authoritarian socialists.
    Self-labeled, freedom loving conservative Machismo
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Anti-Semitic Attitudes such as someone thinking All Jews are Greedy does not make them Racist.
    Fucking amazing

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hey. It was perfectly fine to scream horse armor, curse Todd Howard and post clickbait in the Fallout thread. Why isn't it fine here?
    Fallout 76? Because we're watching that game struggle and Bethesda repeatedly screw up in real-time. We see that the game isn't remotely what Todd Howard pitched it as now that we have hands on.

    Meanwhile, Rage 2 isn't even out and people are jumping to major conclusions for low effort outrage clicks without bothering to even ask Bethesda (or Avalanche).

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fallout 76? Because we're watching that game struggle and Bethesda repeatedly screw up in real-time. We see that the game isn't remotely what Todd Howard pitched it as now that we have hands on.

    Meanwhile, Rage 2 isn't even out and people are jumping to major conclusions for low effort outrage clicks without bothering to even ask Bethesda (or Avalanche).
    No one asked Bethesda when they claimed loot boxes were coming, either.

    And people were calling it The worst game ever before it even hit beta. So....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Communism doesn't lead to a gulag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    To me, liberals and conservatives are all authoritarian socialists.
    Self-labeled, freedom loving conservative Machismo
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Anti-Semitic Attitudes such as someone thinking All Jews are Greedy does not make them Racist.
    Fucking amazing

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No one asked Bethesda when they claimed loot boxes were coming, either.

    And people were calling it The worst game ever before it even hit beta. So....
    Yes, there was discussion by people with different opinions. I'm stating my personal opinion on low effort, shitty, outrage bait youtubers, and it's a position I've repeatedly taken in the FO76 thread as well. If you've been in there, you've probably read me complaining about Quartering, YongYea, or the other useless YTers that just shill bad information for outrage clicks.

  8. #48
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bethesda aren't other publishers. Bethesda are Bethesda. And while they deserve all the flak they're getting for FO76, one major fuckup doesn't mean that suddenly "EVIL PUBLISHER!", they're simply not the gods that people have treated them as for years.

    It was dishonest because he apparently didn't even try to find out more information from them before creating his video. That's lying by omission.



    And this is based off of...? Again, if he'd asked them and they'd ghosted him or refused to answer then that'd be more fair to make a video pointing out that "Hey, we don't know what this thing is. It could be monetized and scummy or it couldn't be, but we just don't know. So don't freak out and get mad, but just be cautious."

    Not, "BETHESDA SELLING IN GAME CHEATS?!?!?!??!!"

    Outrage bait channels are bad and they're leaving us with large swaths of poorly informed or misinformed consumers. It's not in the best interests of views to consume bad information just because it fits their point of view.
    And if not for that "bad" information we would not have had Bethesda come out and set the record straight.. Because at first it was believed that to get all the so called "goodies" one had to buy the deluxe version.. And that those who bought the standard version were shafted so to speak..

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And if not for that "bad" information we would not have had Bethesda come out and set the record straight.
    Except you can't factually say this because we simply don't know if Bethesda would have responded to an inquiry. This is you starting at a conclusion (Bethesda is evil and shady!) and forming a narrative that leads you to the conclusion you want.

    The reality is we don't know if they'd have responded to the question, and we never will because this guy wanted to make sure he got his outrage-bait clicks rather than have an ounce of integrity.

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Because at first it was believed that to get all the so called "goodies" one had to buy the deluxe version.. And that those who bought the standard version were shafted so to speak..
    And this was based off of...? Speculation? Or information from Bethesda. Because if it's the former, then that's purely a player issue and not a Bethesda one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •