Lack of firm answers

Just read this:

WoW Classic Updates
    Q:Not to split hairs here, but I’m far more interested in the decisions that have been made than I am how far along they are in implementing said decisions. I have total confidence in Blizzard to make things happen from a technical perspective. I do have some concerns that the overlords at Acti-Blizz will “encourage” extras to generate revenue at the expense of authenticity.

A:Those are some of the coolest conversations I think I’ve personally had about the project with the Classic team. As a fanboy I honestly get a little giddy about them. I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements. Like I said before we look forward to sharing more specific details and even some examples of how the team managed to solve some problems that we think are pretty interesting.

I totally get the concern, but to comfort the thought that comes with that, this isn’t a normal project. It’s a passion project for you folks that have been diehard Classic fans and have been asking us to provide a real Vanilla server for over 10 years. We know we haven’t won over all of you yet, and some are waiting to see a closer final product, but the team is dedicated to trying to pull it off.

I personally think although the question isnt asked very well, the "answer" is just a jumble of words and a complete dodge of the question. I would think development must be getting pretty far along now, and this question was, if i understand it correctly, attempting to ask about monetization of classic, new shop features for example, and the pressure from above for Blizzard to implement them.

I would think this far into development those decisions would be made, and a clear "nothing there is changing at al;" would have been a pretty good answer.,

Imagine making a whining post after every news topic

What do you expect them to say? "It’s a passion project for you folks that have been diehard Classic fans and have been asking us to provide a real Vanilla server for over 10 years, but to be honest, we have no idea if our stacked bosses in the activison offices will start to smell the big bucks and force us to implement mircotransactions in favor of the next earning call so the cfo can grab another 15 mil"

Cmon, these guys aren't the ones calling the big shots, they can't say for sure because they just don't know hwat will happen in the future so they don't want to make promises they might not be able to keep