Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Fun is hard to measure
    True. It may even be impossible to measure but that's how I feel. You may call it just "my opinion", that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    , but what do you think rogues even lack? Mobility? Check. Survivability? Check. Massive damage? Check, just look current mdi double rogue everywhere. CC? Check. Unique utility? Check.

And don't say "oh but they're too simplistic", because DHs are similarly, if not more simplistic, vast majority of the classes are.

Yeah, DHs can glide and double jump and have funky tattoos, but that's not something related to class balance, it's like saying mages are fun because you can port around with no cooldown.
    Rogues have inferior mobility, survivability compared to DHs. Damage wise, I am not sure I think they are better, depending on spec, but I am not that interested in numbers. I won't raid beyond heroic or Mythic 10-12. What is even worse is that they lack "flow" and "synergy". They were in a much better position in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Uhh, hello? There is no comparison that makes Rogues look like they're in a sorry state.

Don't be daft.
    Welcome to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    True. It may even be impossible to measure but that's how I feel. You may call it just "my opinion", that's fine.

Rogues have inferior mobility, survivability compared to DHs. Damage wise, I am not sure I think they are better, depending on spec, but I am not that interested in numbers. I won't raid beyond heroic or Mythic 10-12. What is even worse is that they lack "flow" and "synergy". They were in a much better position in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

You saved me the trouble. Thanks, friendo.

ofc you feel like it why even bother the lowest skillcapped specc in game next to other 3 button beasts that are perfectly playable even with gamepad..

or screen adjustment buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    SV Hunter is pretty fun.
    And in addition to the talent choice one of the highest skillcap speccs currently. Especially for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    After much procrastination I finally leveled my DH to 120 after patch 8.1 went live last year. At 392 ilvl I Literally feel like a god in M+, I can out dps other classes 10 ilvls higher then me and dealing with explosives this week has been painless.

For the 1st time this xpac at least 1 person every couple of Dungeons asks me if they can add me as a friend to push keys with them. It feels good to be wanted but obviously I know they wouldn't care much if I was doing terrible dps and mechanically not doing things right.

Considering Illidan was my fav charactor since warcraft 3 I don't know why I didn't level 1 sooner.

Havoc demon hunter is one spec blizzard has really delivered on.
    i wonder what your doing now with your DH after the ''honeymoon'' its over and u played it more ... and no blizzard didnt delivered shit with DH , its fun but just for a bit then becomes very very very stale ... good spec sure but there is alot of room for improvement considering that 70% of our talents are very bad

I like everything about DH, the lore, the animations and the mobility.

But its kinda hard to play a game as DH, even when you play super casual, when the skill floor - the minimum level of ability required to be effective with the class - is so low that you cant distinguish between a 1 day player and a 300 day player.

You don't have to be super competitive in this game to realize at some point, that the low skill floor is not really fun, not even when the class/spec is slightly overtuned for specific game modes.

Maybe the class will get some changes in the future with momentum beeing dominant again and maybe some ressource management in addition to it, so there is at least a minimal learning curve involved. But right now, playing a DH or rogue is the best way to get burned out with this game.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    fel rush and glide have ruined every other class for me. its something i cant give up.
    i read that and a monk with a goblin glider popped into my head screaming "WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN!" over and over...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    In a world where everything got pruned to shit and artifact weapons got removed, having a class that was already designed with the pruning in mind that's high-paced and high visual impact is pretty much the only reason why I still play BfA.
    I basically rotate between my DH, WW monk and Ret paladin with 3 of the Divine Storm proc traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    "I can out dps classes 10 ilvls higher than me with my DH"
    just goes to show the terrible imbalance right now, and how FoTM DH have been along with warlocks for a while now....) Sooner or later other classes will get their "turn" though
    I think shamans have been saying that for the past 14 years.
    Ret paladins aswell.

Go figure eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I think shamans have been saying that for the past 14 years.
    Ret paladins aswell.

Go figure eh?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...21/#dataset=90

Shaman players cry over many things all the time, but balancing is most often not the reason for the crybabies.

There is just no room for any melee role in raids. The forced heavy-ranged/heavy-caster meta requires one DH spot. For anything else you just stack rogues with the highest DPS/highest survival combo and ignore every other melee spec completly.

Thats not ret or shaman specific (both currently one of the better melee specs) but more the dog-shit pve design for raids and dungeons.

And since blizzard really overdid themselfs with overbuffing multi-dot specs to the limit, now we have DoT-specs as TIER1, ranged as TIER2, rogues as TIER3 and shitmelees as TIER4.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-04-23 at 01:59 AM.
    -

I dusted off the DH I leveled earlier in the expansion then shelved. I ran a sim last night and at 385 ilvl it was simming for more (barely) dps than my 406 ilvl destruction warlock (demo still sims maybe 1k higher). It seems like a no brainer for me to play it in M+. If I can make myself enjoy havoc in bgs (already enjoy vengeance for FC) I may have a new main.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

After much procrastination I finally leveled my DH to 120 after patch 8.1 went live last year. At 392 ilvl I Literally feel like a god in M+, I can out dps other classes 10 ilvls higher then me and dealing with explosives this week has been painless.

For the 1st time this xpac at least 1 person every couple of Dungeons asks me if they can add me as a friend to push keys with them. It feels good to be wanted but obviously I know they wouldn't care much if I was doing terrible dps and mechanically not doing things right.

Considering Illidan was my fav charactor since warcraft 3 I don't know why I didn't level 1 sooner.

You will rarely out DPS anyone as havoc when everyone is equally geared and skilled. Right now Havoc is one of the lowest DPS for ST and in high M+ you would wanna bring Rogue/WW instead.

Right now I sim #3 worldwide as DH and around #3000 compared to other classes.

Our DPS is not good atm but the class is very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    I main a healer and notice veng always takes wayyy more damage than other tanks. I’ve heard many others say the same. Any reason why this is?
    The reason is active mitigation(Demon Spikes) uptime on Veng is not 100% like other tanks and outside of that they are very squishy. They nerfed Last Resort and a few other good traits they had from legion and also nerfed meta for them. The playstyle also changed in a very bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    SV Hunter is pretty fun.
    That's my boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So you have no counterargument and are just REEEEEE IGNORED!!!! instead.

Yikes.

I exactly know what you mean, dude. Made the same experience.