Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ythisens's new "YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T" blue post.

Originally Posted by Ythisen
    I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements.
    No. Most of us WANT no changes. Most of us are FUCKING excited about restoring old maps or UI elements. We hate new maps/UI/models. That is why WE want classic.

We don't want a pristine server. WE FUCKING want vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

FUCK YOU YTHISEN AND LORE. YOU ARE DESERVED TO BE FIRED TOMORROW

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think he's talking about developers. Restoring stuff from 2004 in 2019 might be not be the most exciting thing ever
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    You think you want the old UI until you actually work with the old UI and remember how bad it was.

is this bait? it was obvious from the post he was talking about devs not being excited about doing it... which would be worrying if i was interested in classic but lulz at the OP...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by vbcdds View Post
    I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements.
    No. Most of us WANT no changes. Most of us are FUCKING excited about restoring old maps or UI elements. We hate new maps/UI/models. That is why WE want classic.

Mate i believe he's talking about the developers.

"Those are some of the coolest conversations I think I’ve personally had about the project with the Classic team. As a fanboy I honestly get a little giddy about them. I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements."

As in, not everyone on the classic team might be as overhyped as him because not everybody on the classic team might be as excited as him about restoring old maps and all that.

Not eveything in this world is a conspiracy...

You didn't understand his post

He meant all that positively. It's a passion project for hardcore Vanilla fans.

He's super excited about Classic and that he doesn't want to over-hype it simply because most people on the forums over there prefer news related to the current version of WoW (retail) and also it's probably too soon to give precise information about the state of Classic.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

- - - Updated - - -

FUCK YOU YTHISEN AND LORE. YOU ARE DESERVED TO BE FIRED TOMORROW
    UI elements and old maps aren't what made vanilla great, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    UI elements and old maps aren't what made vanilla great, calm down.
    They ARE what made vanilla great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    is this bait? it was obvious from the post he was talking about devs not being excited about doing it... which would be worrying if i was interested in classic but lulz at the OP...
    They are wrong. Just like a random youtube guy who proved it is super easy to restore old models on live servers in his videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    As in, not everyone on the classic team might be as overhyped as him because not everybody on the classic team might be as excited as him about restoring old maps and all that.

Not eveything in this world is a conspiracy...
    Yea. That is definitely the logic of "You think you do but you don't". They clearly don't understand what makes a MMORPG good. That is also why BFA sucks. They don't understand what content could be considered as "excited" for our gamers

- - - Updated - - -

They are wrong. Just like a youtube guy who proved it is super easy to restore old models on live servers.
    ...how can their opinion on it be wrong? I wouldn't want to be working on the project so i wouldn't be excited about doing it. I'd rather be developing new stuff, new maps, new UI improvements.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They are wrong. Just like a youtube guy who proved it is super easy to restore old models on live servers.
    You are just like 90% of the people on the internet: "You have another opinion? You are wrong, because my opinion is the only one that matters!"

Accept other people `s opinions or don `t post in a discussion forum, easy as that.

The developers aren't really excited about it at all, they have hands-on with it and they are still like "well whatever" not sure what that says for the future of classic tbh.

Also 2 post OP - Dont feeed the Troooll

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    ...how can their opinion on it be wrong? I wouldn't want to be working on the project so i wouldn't be excited about doing it. I'd rather be developing new stuff, new maps, new UI improvements.
    I think everyone is super excited to gain 2000 years old ancient artifact.

That is you. Not everyone else.

If you want "the old ui" then you have a serious memory problem, period.

The only thing we can't argue about is the UI => It's 5000000000000x better than vanilla/bc/ect...

Anyway, I hope we have to choice to use the "new" models or not... If not then I'm not sure I could play it for a long time, I've recently tried some illegal server just to see how bad it was (for only 5 minutes...) . And yes it was bad, like in my pre-cata memories.

I 've been playing vanilla from Day1 until BC when it was "retail" (Have you ?) and I sincerely hope we'll be able to use the new models too... Old models are just ugly in 1080p... (my old CRT screen in 2005 was 800*600)

And of course, he was talking about developpers. I work as a dev and the WORSE thing is to have to work with "legacy" code that doens't even make sense in 2019
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-02-12 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    The developers aren't really excited about it at all, they have hands-on with it and they are still like "well whatever" not sure what that says for the future of classic tbh
    They are not really excited about classic at all because it does not have P2W features. They hate it because they love $$$. Super Jewish.

THEY DESERVED TO BE FIRED
    Last edited by vbcdds; 2019-02-12 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    If you want "the old ui" then you have a serious memory problem, period.
    Completely false. Vanilla actually uses much less memory than BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yep, this one is going places...waiting for a lock and possibly a ban
    Then I could just make a new alt. I won't stop this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    New poster - check
    Ranting and swearing like a 13 year old - check
    Caps - check
    Taking things out of context and / or being deliberately dense - check
    Claiming to think you know what the majority wants - check
    Claiming to know what made Vanilla great and what is right or wrong - check

Yep, this one is going places...waiting for a lock and possibly a ban, because

----edit-----

Racism - check
    hit the report key already give it a few mins :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth reading the entire post he makes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Those are some of the coolest conversations I think I’ve personally had about the project with the Classic team. As a fanboy I honestly get a little giddy about them. I don’t want to overhype them because not a lot of people are that excited about restoring old maps, or UI elements. Like I said before we look forward to sharing more specific details and even some examples of how the team managed to solve some problems that we think are pretty interesting.

I totally get the concern, but to comfort the thought that comes with that, this isn’t a normal project. It’s a passion project for you folks that have been diehard Classic fans and have been asking us to provide a real Vanilla server for over 10 years. We know we haven’t won over all of you yet, and some are waiting to see a closer final product, but the team is dedicated to trying to pull it off.
    It's not a terrible piece of commentary, really. There's a lot to what he's trying to say, and cover several comments lightly, so the anger and frustration is pretty needless.

The actual comment quoted by the OP is, to me, one that's saying:

"I don't want to go into too much detail about restoring old maps or UI elements, because [players are interested in them happening rather than the details of it]".

I'm in that group. I don't care how it's built; I just want it built.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    hit the report key already give it a few mins :P
    Same. Lets wait and see
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    You think you want the old UI until you actually work with the old UI and remember how bad it was.
    Well you would think things like this would be unanimous but apparently not.

Add this to the fact they are backporting everything and they are going to have to actively make it shit.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.