Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Well I feel like I am running around mindlessly killing meaningless trash mobs and I'm really just waiting for things to move along. I think that's how most people feel. I don't see anything exciting about warfronts. What do you like about it?
    SO pretty much every trash pack in wow also remember when trash packs was hard?

FFS Trash packs in warfronts contain a whole assortment of troopers from mages to pallys that can do all sorts of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    If you think every trash pack is like a Warfront, you are absolutely not doing the more difficult content the game has to offer.

Yeah trash packs used to be hard. But I never played the game for trash packs. I do raids for the bosses, not the trash. Every time I'm fighting trash I feel like I'm wasting my time. There are no interesting boss encounters in the warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Congrats? You'll have to direct me to the part of my post where I said my opinion was the Only Good And Correct One. I'm sure you can find dozens of people who agree with you. Not sure where, but I'm sure you can.
    When you use terminology like "it should be" you are basically implying your opinion is some sort of fact.

If you think every trash pack is like a Warfront, you are absolutely not doing the more difficult content the game has to offer.
    OH boy and here we go again do i need to bring up the whole difficulty scaling argument again?

Are we on the same page? are we talking about the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    When you use terminology like "it should be" you are basically implying your opinion is some sort of fact.
    ??????

This really doesn't make any sense. Opinions can't have "should" in them without trying to be facts? Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Did they ever "fix" Warfronts? As in, can you actually lose now?

Warfronts, the concept, like you said had amazing potential, but as with most things when playing against AI it's pretty... meh.
    The people who want to make excuses while afk'ing and getting carried will try telling you that you can't lose. But fact is, its possible to lose a warfront, yes.

OH boy and here we go again do i need to bring up the whole difficulty scaling argument again?

Are we on the same page? are we talking about the same thing?
    My dude, none of that stuff exists yet. "Warfronts could be awesome if they used advanced AI difficulty scaling!!!" doesn't really have much to do with Warfronts being shit right now.

Pet battles could use VR! LFR could cook me dinner! Yeah well, they aren't. So who gives a shit?

My dude, none of that stuff exists yet. "Warfronts could be awesome if they used advanced AI difficulty scaling!!!" doesn't really have much to do with Warfronts being shit right now.

Pet battles could use VR! LFR could cook me dinner! Yeah well, they aren't. So who gives a shit?
    Wow.. just wow

lets for argument sake dismiss the fact blizz has implemented AI in the Island expeditions and lets go to the crux of your argument.

You talk like nothing can be improved upon and that you go by saying 'OH WOW THIS IS SHIT SO IT WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT FOREVER AND EVER AMEN'

Is that your argument?

Warfronts are garbage. But there will always be people that like literally anything, hell some people even get turned on about eating shit, so liking warfronts/isles expedition isn't that surprising.

You talk like nothing can be improved upon and that you go by saying 'OH WOW THIS IS SHIT SO IT WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT FOREVER AND EVER AMEN'
    Trash is trash. You won't make a cake out of a rotten banana, no matter how hard you try.

Warfronts are lazy timegated PvE-Battlegrounds. I don't see any new gameplay elements in there neither a specific gameplay obstacle to overcome (like the affixes in M+) nor any difficulty. That they are boring 'cause there is zero interesting gameplay involved will not change if they increase their diffculty by lazy scaling tech.

M+ was the most successful feature ever i guess, and the reason for this is that the various affixes require a different strategy. By just doing difficulty scaling you just reach a point where it would become impossible. And that's the same with warfronts if you just scale them up. There will be THE single one strategy to complete them, maybe another cheesy strat to get 1 or 2 levels higher, and thats it. They will always stay the same as that.

So why even bother and try to make them good? Scrap them and start from scratch with something that is new, entertaining, and challanging. But the most important thing is: LEARN FROM THE MISTAKE! A simple mixture out of different already existing gameplay elements (battlegrounds, raids, LFR, scenarios) is trash by design.

Wow.. just wow

lets for argument sake dismiss the fact blizz has implemented AI in the Island expeditions and lets go to the crux of your argument.

Is that your argument?
    Uh, no? You gotta read these posts before you reply to them, friend. I don't even write like that!

Seriously though, where did I say Warfronts would always suck and couldn't be improved by a complete overhaul? I didn't. Thanks for the reminder about Islands, another feature that doesn't suck quite as much as this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warfronts feel like a lot was cut from them. I don't get any sense of grand scale combat or castle siege. It's a brain-dead blitz to the end, until the trees/towers artificially stop you because they have a ton of HP and require the glaives from base building. Then it's another artificial road block until the glaives kill the boats/gate so you can blitz the boss.

I don't get why they designed them to be beaten. Seems really boring from a developer's perspective to make something as easy as possible. They aren't special enough to warrant being gated off for weeks at a time. Both the base building and resource gathering are generic and uninteresting. They recognized that players could easily blitz the whole thing without touching the base, so they had to add those big mobs at the end that require the glaives. There aren't even any craft-able defensive units, because the enemy mobs are too weak to warrant it. They take place in random locations irrelevant to the actual war... and there's not even a pvp mode option.

I think they could be good one day with major re-conceptualizing, but shouldn't have been released as they are now.

Warfronts... still shit, but now with 1million percent more jumping from the enemy!

"_Islands are our new Gold Standard_" - no one, ever.

Uh, no? You gotta read these posts before you reply to them, friend. I don't even write like that!

Seriously though, where did I say Warfronts would always suck and couldn't be improved by a complete overhaul? I didn't. Thanks for the reminder about Islands, another feature that doesn't suck quite as much as this one.
    At best lets just leave it at cross purposes where we maybe on the same page but our points differ slightly

If AFK-fronts are the future of WoW, looks like I'll be done.

They are the most boring, lamest thing in WoW, right up there with the shitastic Garrisons, and fuck fest Island Expeditions.

Having to acquire ore and lumber, zzz...wake me up please. And not fighting real players from the other Faction, but only bots, it's not PvP, it's PvE trying to be a fake PvP. Zero excitement, just paint by dots.

Best end game feature in BfA is still Mythic+ dungeon runs. For taking less time than a AFK-front run, and you get better gear, and it's actually very engaging and exciting.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-02-13 at 07:16 PM.

Cross purposes again?

You see when you have a thread that looks like pure weapons grade toxic trollgrade uranium but when you peel off the hyperbole you actually start to see that maybe OP has a point.

Ive said countless times in this thread that warfronts can and should be improved upon and that me starting this thread is a signal that i dont want to see warfronts die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you actually know what a seige is?
    I'm well aware of what a siege is. Not only do they not manage to capture that feeling properly, but sieges really aren't conducive to interesting gameplay anyway.

The only way "Siege" gameplay is fun is if the boring parts of historical sieges are cut, with the compelling bits kept in. Warfronts do the exact opposite. It's all the tedium of a siege without the actual feeling of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm well aware of what a siege is. Not only do they not manage to capture that feeling properly, but sieges really aren't conducive to interesting gameplay anyway.

The only way "Siege" gameplay is fun is if the boring parts of historical sieges are cut, with the compelling bits kept in. Warfronts do the exact opposite. It's all the tedium of a siege without the actual feeling of one.
    Well shoot off some ideas on how you can capture that feeling and how warfronts can be improved upon.

Trust me Blizz needs the ideas now!!

Another way to gear alts fast to, other then lfr there isn't a lockout.