Poll: Favourite Resident Evil?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Considering the only main series games I've played are 5/6, I'm going with 6 because it was big and dumb and stupid and hilarious. Yes, feel free to take my gamer card now : (

One day I'll get around to playing the older games even though they're not quite my thing, but at least Revelations 1 was pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I've always loved Resident Evil 2 and it was far and away my favorite. The remake is really really good but they kinda botched the B scenarios and Claire and Leon have virtually no interaction the entire game. Here's hoping it gets refined and patched differently later or something.
    I do hope though that if they ever do something with the B scenarios they do it separately because I love the gameplay of the B's where they are now (story is a bit messy, but eh, I've beaten it like 20 times now, story isn't what I was playing for)

4. Switch port when? So I can buy it for the 5th time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering the only main series games I've played are 5/6, I'm going with 6 because it was big and dumb and stupid and hilarious. Yes, feel free to take my gamer card now : (

One day I'll get around to playing the older games even though they're not quite my thing, but at least Revelations 1 was pretty rad.
    No shame in enjoying stuff so bad it's good.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2019-02-13 at 04:22 AM.

2, 3, RE2 Remake, Code Veronica, 4
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played 2, 3, 4, 5, and some of 6.

4 is the most revolutionary but I think 5 is actually my favorite. I probably had too much fun with coop in this game. It was like a good, cheesy, action horror movie made to be played through multiple times. Loved running people through, grinding unlocks, showing people secrets, good times. Think I would have hated if I just the one and done playthrough though.

Know why Resident Evil is king even with all its faults. It has run the gambit of horror-themed games and back. Its done it all except sci-fi...lets go Capcom.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked RE4 the best. Not sure why, as it was certainly 'out there' on it own away form main story events, but, for whatever reason it was. RE5 and the RE2 remake that just came out were very good too.

I like the play of the more recent ones so much better than the classic PS1 era games with their tank controls, though I probably enjoyed the story of those earlier game better than the more recent stuff. Only one I haven't played is the most recent one, where it seems like your just some random guy in a house in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-02-13 at 03:33 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say either 3, or REmake 2. Code: Veronica X is a close runner-up to those two.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

RE2 has been my favourite since playing it in 1998, absolutely loved it. Weirdly however, as much as I enjoyed the remake of it, I much, much preferred RE7. Maybe it's because I knew the story and had the environment and characters burned into my memory for the past 20 years. I just found RE7 such an amazing, visceral experience. It also felt the closest the series had come to replicating the atmosphere of the original game in a modern format in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Only one I haven't played is the most recent one, where it seems like your just some random guy in a house in the middle of nowhere.
    I was pretty apprehensive about RE7 before I played it because it did seem like a total unrelated reboot and I wasn't sure how it could possibly be a good RE game in first person. But I actually ended up enjoying it a lot and it's definitely in my top 3. It does tie in to the greater RE universe at the end and in the DLCs... but more than that I was impressed they managed to make RE scary and tense again, but somehow the combat side of things still worked.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I was pretty apprehensive about RE7 before I played it because it did seem like a total unrelated reboot and I wasn't sure how it could possibly be a good RE game in first person. But I actually ended up enjoying it a lot and it's definitely in my top 3. It does tie in to the greater RE universe at the end and in the DLCs... but more than that I was impressed they managed to make RE scary and tense again, but somehow the combat side of things still worked.
    Really? Maybe I'll check it out some time.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect