Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

So all the time you hear people say "EA is evil" "I'm never Buying/playing another EA game ever"

"loot boxes are evil and i will never play a game that has those"

and then EA releases a F2P Game with loot boxes and just a few days after launch 11 Million accounts created..

It's like all their Screaming about EA and Loot boxes were just Angry temper tantrums and empty threats that they never intended to follow through on.
    It's not the same people. You need to understand that just in the USA there's well over 300 million people. So 11 million making an account on a video game is a very tiny part of the population. The people who cried about loot crates are still out there being sad about something, they are not the same people, you just think everyone but you is one big group of the exact same clones running around contradicting themselves. Your view of the world is extremely narrow, you need to travel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no plans on ever downloading it and i only have anthem because i got it for free

10+ Year Old Account
    Apex isn't a 60 dollar game that has 90% of its content held back for later DLC. That's why no one is mad.

Pretending like people are mad at a BR game over costumes costing RL money . . . . is a laughable joke. Nice try OP.

Loot boxes in a free game, where all items can be earned via in game currency is vastly different than a AAA title with full price and items behind a further pay only wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    a lot of people just don't even have an opinion.
    Those are the worst kind of people.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Loot boxes in a free game, where all items can be earned via in game currency is vastly different than a AAA title with full price and items behind a further pay only wall.
    This. Free game, BR is the new fad, has actually some interesting mechanics apparently (i don't play, i don't care about br), comes from Respawn, and the nice marketing stunt where they (intelligently) simply didn't say anything about the game until it was released and let players just play it.

Especially the last part. They avoided lots of the brand-shaming tied to the "f2p BR with lootboxes" concept that would come with a preemptive announcement and demo/betas. This way basically everyone just jumped into it to see how it is and being new makes a lot right now for the experience.

We'll see how it goes in a few months. Not saying it will crash - if the game is good, people will keep playing and generate revenue.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    There are so many people though that just don't express their opinions on it. Some people just play games and don't think of it beyond that.

Almost anyone with an opinion on EA has a negative one, but a lot of people just don't even have an opinion.
    They also buy Nike without think of sweatshops, Doesn't make it right.

But being free is a big incentive and we don't know how many of those free players will translate into people buying up the microtransactions. Untill at least the end of this quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the complaining about loot boxes come from games you pay for. Since it's free there's less complaining. Also internet noise on forums is not always a good indicator of the actual community. Clearly the community as a whole is okay with current monetization practices since they keep buying the stuff.

A lot of criticism leveled at EA in regards to monetization would be different if the games they released were F2P or heavily discounted from traditional retail from the outset.

Hey.

So all the time you hear people say "EA is evil" "I'm never Buying/playing another EA game ever"

and then EA releases a F2P Game with loot boxes and just a few days after launch 11 Million accounts created..

It's like all their Screaming about EA and Loot boxes were just Angry temper tantrums and empty threats that they never intended to follow through on.
    I'm sorry, are you still expecting something from gamers?..
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Hundreds of millions of people play video games, the vast majority probably don't know they're supposed to be mad about stuff and just enjoy playing video games.
    How dare they enjoy things that are fun!!

/s (incase it wasen't obvious)

10+ Year Old Account
    EA hate brigades were never logical or genuine to begin with.

Its like hating McDonald's. Everyone claims they don't eat there but the place is still pushing 1 billion burgers a day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    We found the winner.

"Because its free" its the correct answer! You go home with 50 000 dollars!
    Right it is the correct answer because EA doesn't get any money from me.

I can enjoy the game and not give them a dime, Same thing as if I bought a used copy of a EA game. Until they stop with the BS they pull ill ether play the games for free (If they are f2p) or buy them used.

They see no money and I enjoy the product. Fucken win/win for me.

I guess that's a concept that's hard to grasp for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I guess that's a concept that's hard to grasp for you.
    You are right, thats a hard concept for me to grasp.

Specially if EA is only the publisher not the developer.

I dont hate any company...so thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You are right, thats a hard concept for me to grasp.

Specially if EA is only the publisher not the developer.

I dont hate any company...so thats why.
    Buy games new from EA you give EA money, Doesn't matter who the developer is (Bioware,Respawn ect...) and EA owns both of those company's now.

I don't support EA's business practices therefore they see no money from me......Simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Having an account is not the same as buying lootboxes. Nor does it mean you like a company all of a sudden. If a game is good/free then people will try it, EA is still shitty regardless of that until they publish enough good games to clean up their reputation.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Most people play video games for fun in the simplest sense of the word. Other things surrounding a game has zero impact on them. I envy them to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Exactly, I'm not averse to playing free games where they are OBVIOUSLY abusing microtransactions and pay to win... because... when it stops being fun, I uninstall them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

I think the last EA game I bought was Spore(?). I'm not boycotting them or anything like that. EA just hasn't made anything worth my time in ten+ years. And that's NOT taking into account their reputation/problems or how much I distrust them.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Your problem is you think people that whine and cry on forums are the majority. Most gamers don't give a shit as long as they have fun.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.