Page 1 of 3
LastLast

People are weird, Did everyone just forget everything they said in the past?

Hey.

So all the time you hear people say "EA is evil" "I'm never Buying/playing another EA game ever"

"loot boxes are evil and i will never play a game that has those"

and then EA releases a F2P Game with loot boxes and just a few days after launch 11 Million accounts created..

It's like all their Screaming about EA and Loot boxes were just Angry temper tantrums and empty threats that they never intended to follow through on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    15 year old's, there's a new batch of em every year...
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Because those vocal people are just a minority. Most people are going to play and enjoy EA games without thinking. If a fun game comes out and it happens to be EA people are also going to proritize "fun game" over "EA".

There's no doubt EA's reputation hurts it sales somewhat, but that 11 million is the number of people who very likely just don't give a shit and want to play a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    This.

It's not like the game is targeted at mature audience anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Its a game from Respawn, its free, ofc ppl will try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because those vocal people are just a minority. Most people are going to play and enjoy EA games without thinking. If a fun game comes out and it happens to be EA people are also going to proritize "fun game" over "EA".

There's no doubt EA's reputation hurts it sales somewhat, but that 11 million is the number of people who very likely just don't give a shit and want to play a video game.
    Really?
    With all forum discussions, Youtubers and even real news papaper bashing EA i thought atleast 80% of everyone who plays any form of video or Computer games were against EA.

Because its Free.....

People don't want loot box's in there paid games, Some don't want them in any of their games.

People can try/like a game and still had the MTX BS that's in it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Really?
    With all forum discussions, Youtubers and even real news papaper bashing EA i thought atleast 80% of everyone who plays any form of video or Computer games were against EA.
    There are so many people though that just don't express their opinions on it. Some people just play games and don't think of it beyond that.

Almost anyone with an opinion on EA has a negative one, but a lot of people just don't even have an opinion.

sorry to say this but i must be the one. you guys don't know what you're dealing with. you're assumptions only make things worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to Apex, it simply doesn't interest me. Not a fan of battle royale. In regards to EA in general, they have been on my black list for a while now. However, pending reviews, I may pick up Anthem. The reason being is because I do like Bioware, and from what I have been seeing EA appears to be trying to learn from their mistakes. I'm not going to get Anthem on launch day, but if after 2 -3 weeks if people don't have that much (valid) negativity for it, I may pick it up.

But if Anthem bombs, then EA is a no go still.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You can hear people complaining in hundreds, EA games are still bought in millions. Besides that there's a difference between f2p game with lootboxes and game that costs $60, got $30-$60 season pass and still offers microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because its Free.....

People don't want loot box's in there paid games, Some don't want them in any of their games.
    We found the winner.

"Because its free" its the correct answer! You go home with 50 000 dollars!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a free game with presumably more content updates as time goes on. They have to monetize it somehow. I think a Battle Pass system would be wiser, but Loot Boxes are alright. From a personal standpoint I've never had a problem with lootboxes, but I guess some people do have addictive personalities towards gambling.

To be honest I could care less who the publisher is. There are some I like more than others, like Ubisoft, but it doesn't factor into purchases at all.

The reality is publishers are mostly there to provide the resources that an economy of scale can provide which would be an insurmountable obstacle for developers, and they also provide cover for the developers to allow them to take more risks, since the audience will direct all their QQ towards the publisher. Just look at WoW and these forums where people alot of times whine on Activision, despite them not having much of an impact at all until Morhaime left.

TLDR: It's like a government, if we all woke up tommorrow and there was no State something else would fill that vacuum in time, be it some corporate conglomerate or armed militias, warlords or whatever, same goes for publishers, something/someone else will take over and we'll be back where we are

Just because someones a pedo doesnt mean you can enjoy their songs or their acting.

You hear this all the time, and yeah kids are obnoxious because they lack that whole time>permanence concept and fire off the first thing that comes to mind but in all my years of playing games online or watching people waste money on 'minibuys' the people doing it are overwhelmingly more likely to be 40 or older. The people saying "i have the money to burn and dont want to waste my time" are the prime whale market. The people i saw spend a grand a month on gems in GW2's cash shop, going into nuclear meltdowns when they get griefed in minecraft, being the armchair patton that goes "okay, kids, listen the fuck up and do what i say" simply because they are often old and bitter. Nothing applies to everyone of course but i would bet good money the majority of RMT payments are not kids stealing dads credit card but people like that youtube video of the grown man on his literal knees in tears telling his wife he needs her credit card to buy more v bucks "because of the savings".

Really?
    Hundreds of millions of people play video games, the vast majority probably don't know they're supposed to be mad about stuff and just enjoy playing video games.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    In fairness, there are a lot of adults that are incapable of learning from the past as well...

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Vol. I, Reason in Common Sense

I really don’t know how this isn’t obvious. A f2p game is something an EA hater (or a person with common sense) can try out without giving EA any money at all.

Now Anthem. THAT game is the one you’re going to see underperform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?
    Why would you deny something to yourself if it looks fun / interesting ? Does you basically "punishing" yourself make a dent in those 25 mil and rising apex accounts ?