Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Feminism
    Dictionary result for feminism
    /ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/Indsend
    noun
    the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
    Irrelevant, modern feminism have proven over and over and over and over that they do not give two flying fucks about actual equality.
    But it's absolutely hilarious that you bring up dictionary as a some sort of a truth.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    that is in Japan

Here, We have steak and BJ day 1 month after valentines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_and_Blowjob_Day

Spread the word

P.S.
    Since March 14 (3-14) is a also PI day, ask for some pie as well as steak and BJ!
    extra bonus!
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2019-02-12 at 08:11 PM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    that is in Japan

Here, We have steak and BJ day 1 month after valentines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_and_Blowjob_Day

Spread the word

P.S.
    Since March 14 (3-14) is a also PI day, ask for some pie as well as steak and BJ!
    extra bonus!
    Can't go wrong with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Feminism
    Dictionary result for feminism
    /ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m/Indsend
    noun
    the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
    the bold bit, read that sentence back to your self a few times, look at the sentence structure, feminism is entirely about empowering women to reach equality. it has fuck all to do with full equality across all races, sexes and sexuality's, has fuck all to do with solving men's issues or black issues or white issues or gay issues. just women's issues.

the problem with that is, the closer you get to equality, the more the problems that prevent true equality become intertwined with the issues of other groups, some thing feminism has and isn't allowed a remit on, like for example a large part of the pay gap that affects women is down to societal bias against men who take a fair share of child rearing responsibility's, but thats a mans issue for men to solve, feminism doesn't want to and isn't allowed to because men wont and will never trust it.

would you trust some one to help you if you knew it was entirely for there own self interest? not many do.

White Day...?

Learn something new today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Women are a gender not a sex, so that definition is transphobic.

Do research. Google it. You're ignorant.
    The oxford dictionary is not transphobic go be fake outraged somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    the bold bit, read that sentence back to your self a few times, look at the sentence structure, feminism is entirely about empowering women to reach equality. it has fuck all to do with full equality across all races, sexes and sexuality's, has fuck all to do with solving men's issues or black issues or white issues or gay issues. just women's issues.

the problem with that is, the closer you get to equality, the more the problems that prevent true equality become intertwined with the issues of other groups, some thing feminism has and isn't allowed a remit on, like for example a large part of the pay gap that affects women is down to societal bias against men who take a fair share of child rearing responsibility's, but thats a mans issue for men to solve, feminism doesn't want to and isn't allowed to because men wont and will never trust it.

would you trust some one to help you if you knew it was entirely for there own self interest? not many do.
    But modern feminism is not about equality at all that has been shown time and time again.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2019-02-12 at 10:44 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The word "Feminism" is too loaded a term... has too many definitions...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Because obligation chocolate is given only to people you want to give it too not everyone you know in your life. The obligation means you like/respect them so you feel obligated to show that like/respect.

Often its for friends family and other people you are close too. The asshole at work is not getting chocolate from you because you dont like or respect each other.

On White Day the those who got chocolate are expected to return gifts that are at least two or three times more valuable than the gifts received in Valentine's Day. Giving something of equal value is seen as a sign that you dont like them and is a big insult.
    idk what the fuck is "white day" but you shouldn't be obligated to give dick.

I've got a boss that insists I buy her dinner and coffee and chocolate and stuff, even though I've tried about as directly as I could to point out that she should be asking her boyfriend for that kind of stuff.

I thought they just gave chocolate to the guys that they actually know, like friends, their crush or maybe as pity for their brothers. First time I heard that people actually do that in in the workplace as well outside of the previously mentioned circumstances. Well, it's silly either way and as long as the women won't demand to be gifted in the first place later I don't see a problem. Though it is funny imho that "the burden" of who to gift things to is now also too much for women. Since the "tradition" is only 30-40 years * old I don't really see how it caught on in the first place like that unless they really liked it..

Edit: *Nvm, white day is from the 80s, valentines day is from the 50s, which makes it more plausible.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-02-13 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I thought they just gave chocolate to the guys that they actually know, like friends, their crush or maybe as pity for their brothers
    same.

I watched some animes about it and girls gave it to their BFF's or the person they romantically love.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-02-13 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    idk what the fuck is "white day" but you shouldn't be obligated to give dick.
    That's a funny way to word that.

I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" route without even being a part of said Japanese society or tradition. Never change, "/r/incels" champion.

I don't blame them. I think it's weird as shit that anyone has to give anyone anything on any day. Japan is just too afraid of deviating from tradition to change awkward and strange habits their parents and grandparents did where we westerners will easily dismiss something silly or annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for them. Traditions can be broken and change over time, they shouldn't feel obligated to adhere to one which they're uncomfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    the pressure to avoid causing offence by spending thousands of yen on chocolates for coworkers is becoming intolerable
    Sure, when it's women that have to buy something for men, it's just intolerable. Just get rid of it.

When men are expected to pay for the date, the pressure to avoid causing offence by spending tons of money on just being able to sit down and talk to a woman isn't relevant. You're a man. Suck it up, you slave!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" route without even being a part of said Japanese society or tradition. Never change, "/r/incels" champion.

I don't blame them. I think it's weird as shit that anyone has to give anyone anything on any day. Japan is just too afraid of deviating from tradition to change awkward and strange habits their parents and grandparents did where we westerners will easily dismiss something silly or annoying.
    I am probably going to regret asking this, and I am terrified to google it, but what is /r/incels?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    I am probably going to regret asking this, and I am terrified to google it, but what is /r/incels?
    I think it's gone now, but it was a subreddit for "Involuntary Celibates" aka incels as they came to identify themselves as.

People who think women are a right and that society is to blame for how unappealing and undesirable they are, and became iconic for blaming women for literally every aspect of their life that they're not happy with. It's probably the most depressingly poignant example of shameless objectification and stereotyping the internet has ever seen, at least until US politics happened.

Well, it's customary in Poland to give flowers or sweets to female coworkers or schoolmates on Women's Day. Doesn't hurt the pockets too much, the guys usually all throw in money and buy them all together. It did hurt me when I was the only guy in my class in high school, though.

It usually doesn't work the other way around, though.

I think Japanese women trying to get rid of a practice of giving gifts that is considered by society as obligatory is a good thing. It's one thing to give gifts when you feel like it, you like the people you're working with and want to put a smile on their face. In such a situation, I don't think anyone would mind the expenses. But doing this to people whom you hate, simply because you're afraid you'd lose face otherwise? That's tyrannical.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2019-02-13 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    But, white day is of course an non-issue, despite it being the exact same thing except for men, just a month later.
    Sad to see japanese women catch a whiff of the trash that is western feminism, hypocrisy be thy name.
    Sorry they arent like ur anime girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Sorry they arent like ur anime girlfriends.