Lightbulb Why not just... know your limit, and play within it?

Ask yourself this: How much of the discontent in WoW would be solved by players getting real with themselves and with each other and just accepting that... the game works, just maybe not at X level for you or your group?

Mythic raids are being downed. Championship PVP keeps happening, the MDI is still a thing. Obviously players “belonging” at those levels are making “these systems that are so bad” work, and work well. Meanwhile, access to literally every instanced zone in the game eventually and inevitably boils down self enabled systems that don’t screen traits or necklace levels or raider io or whatever, they’re tied to to ilvl. Ilvl is nigh inevitable through self-enabled content.

There’s a reason I beat the term “main thoroughfare” to death in my comments here and there, because I’ve been on it since I came back for Legion, and it’s clear, accessible and pretty much guaranteed with time and comfortable, casual levels of play. Everything beyond that, your normal-and-beyond raiding, your mythic+, your rated PVP, it’s all gated by us, by the community and worse, us being exclusionary and cruel to each other out of a sense of impatience and, yes, an inflated sense of being “too good” for the main thoroughfare and belonging in places likely over one’s head.

You know who’s not bitching about Azerite? The guild of actual friends with a Wednesday night mythic+3 run. Maybe they’ll push +4 next week, maybe they won’t, but they’ll have some drinks, tell the same inside jokes and they still won’t visit the forums because why would they?

I guess I just.. wonder why this is so clear to me and those close to me, and so out of reach for what seems like a broad swath of players.

*Know your limit, play within it.* If you’re still frustrated, re-examine your limit. It’s not rocket science. The game is being played successfully at all levels, just maybe not at *that* level by you, on your schedule, in your comfort zone, and that’s ok! The main thoroughfare is there for you! It intentionally and obviously gets the majority of the dev time, it’s a good spot, I promise! Just be real with yourself!

“But we usually down heroic raids!” Ok... maybe you don’t now. People change. Lives change, interests change, the game changes. The main thoroughfare is the default, maybe it’s time to look at that lane, if you’re going to keep playing. That’s what it’s there for: If you want to keep playing there’s a regular rotation of emissaries, warfronts, islands, normal or heroic dungeons, random BGs, LFR, pet battles, alts, 36 specs that all became sub-classes in Legion, new races to feel out, whatever. Maybe that’s your place now. That’s totally ok.

Is it that hard to accept that?

hell rogues have been playing within limits and they the most busted down class out of all of them. now every class is pretty much busted down to nothing. blizzard can't accept playing within your limits so fuck them.

Why bother getting chill and enlightened and doing buzzed Mythic +3 runs with my friends on Wednesdays if I'd still feel compelled to come here and post this kind of fluff crap?

This is still just complaining about complaining, but with a The More You Know star flying over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    For many it is, but it shouldn't. And while I don't want this to turn into a political thread, this is the whole "equality of outcome" bullshit again.

Complainer about the complainers...,

or to sum the wall of text up: if you don't enjoy the game as it is, shut up and do something else. The game is no longer for you, k thx bye.

I am sure Blizz is going to appreciate your advice to tell the players to just gtfo. Certainly WoW can afford to lose players.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-02-12 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pushing one's limits is what makes videogames fun for a lot of people. At least from my personal experience.
    I wouldn't want to stay at M+3 my whole time while the rest of the world advances. Getting better is part of the experience.
    In the latest God of War, I wouldn't have been able to beat Sigrun if I played "at my limit" and just went in there hacking at her blindly. And that's a single player game; imagine that in a game where the main content is achieved with others.

Exactly, the OP apparently doesn't even understand what gaming is all about...

What a babbling wall of text. I'm sure the people know what they want, and the game no longer delivers that. Simple as that - plus there's a lot more games out there that do a far better job, so people are just playing them.

Nah bro, I disagree, settling for mediocre is boring as hell.

Not just for gaming but, this goes for anything in life. When you find yourself in a rut and everyday seeming exactly the same, it's time to challenge yourself and make some changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourself this: How much of the discontent in WoW would be solved by players getting real with themselves and with each other and just accepting that... the game works, just maybe not at X level for you or your group?

Mythic raids are being downed. Championship PVP keeps happening, the MDI is still a thing. Obviously players “belonging” at those levels are making “these systems that are so bad” work, and work well. Meanwhile, access to literally every instanced zone in the game eventually and inevitably boils down self enabled systems that don’t screen traits or necklace levels or raider io or whatever, they’re tied to to ilvl. Ilvl is nigh inevitable through self-enabled content.

There’s a reason I beat the term “main thoroughfare” to death in my comments here and there, because I’ve been on it since I came back for Legion, and it’s clear, accessible and pretty much guaranteed with time and comfortable, casual levels of play. Everything beyond that, your normal-and-beyond raiding, your mythic+, your rated PVP, it’s all gated by us, by the community and worse, us being exclusionary and cruel to each other out of a sense of impatience and, yes, an inflated sense of being “too good” for the main thoroughfare and belonging in places likely over one’s head.

You know who’s not bitching about Azerite? The guild of actual friends with a Wednesday night mythic+3 run. Maybe they’ll push +4 next week, maybe they won’t, but they’ll have some drinks, tell the same inside jokes and they still won’t visit the forums because why would they?

I guess I just.. wonder why this is so clear to me and those close to me, and so out of reach for what seems like a broad swath of players.

*Know your limit, play within it.* If you’re still frustrated, re-examine your limit. It’s not rocket science. The game is being played successfully at all levels, just maybe not at *that* level by you, on your schedule, in your comfort zone, and that’s ok! The main thoroughfare is there for you! It intentionally and obviously gets the majority of the dev time, it’s a good spot, I promise! Just be real with yourself!

“But we usually down heroic raids!” Ok... maybe you don’t now. People change. Lives change, interests change, the game changes. The main thoroughfare is the default, maybe it’s time to look at that lane, if you’re going to keep playing. That’s what it’s there for: If you want to keep playing there’s a regular rotation of emissaries, warfronts, islands, normal or heroic dungeons, random BGs, LFR, pet battles, alts, 36 specs that all became sub-classes in Legion, new races to feel out, whatever. Maybe that’s your place now. That’s totally ok.

Nah, I absolutely disagree. To me, if you reach a level, you stay there. Once a mythic raider, always a mythic raider. Can you manage one instance +15, then you can manage ALL at +15.

"know your limit" is just another way of saying "dont think you are somebody" and this is the opposite of how I view the world.

5+ Year Old Account

The Saiyan in me disagrees with your outlook on life....
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”