Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Omar apologizes for speaking the truth
    While you live, shine
    Have no grief at all
    Life exists only for a short while
    And time demands its toll.

@Felya: Look dude. It feels like you're trying really hard to peg me as hating Jews, which is fundamentally absurd on so many levels. It simply comes down to you thinking some PACs are okay and me thinking no PACs are okay (and to be clear, no PACs means no MAD PAC either). And since I think no PACs are okay, I'm on board with her criticism. Maybe that's a harsh stance to take, maybe you disagree with that, maybe there's an acceptable solution somewhere in the middle, or maybe we'll see any form of PAC get ultimately abused so they all need to go. I'd legit be open to that conversation if you want to have it some time when you're not consistently bombarding me with attempts to "trap" me into admitting something that's not true.

In the meantime, I'd be curious if you'd be trying so hard to shred me if the sequence of events was more like this:

McCarthy: Ilhan Omar criticized guns so she's a terrible person
    Omar: It's all about the Benjamin's baby!
    People: Um, care to clarify that?
    Omar: NRA

NRA is a PAC and not a super PAC, no?

I'd say she's right if this was the scenario that went down as well.

Hasn't the Hon. Rep. Omar taken money from C.A.I.R., a PAC and lobbying group?

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...581&cycle=2018

She's also taken money from abortion group Emily's List, Moveon.org.

Taking money from lobbyists and PACs is an issue with American politics in general, both parties are rife with political bribes. But of course she of all the new reps will have an issue with AIPAC and not other groups.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Hasn't the Hon. Rep. Omar taken money from C.A.I.R., a PAC and lobbying group?

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...581&cycle=2018

She's also taken money from abortion group Emily's List, Moveon.org.

Taking money from lobbyists and PACs is an issue with American politics in general, both parties are rife with political bribes. But of course she of all the new reps will have an issue with AIPAC and not other groups.
    I won't buy into to the silliness that she's an anti-semite, but this certainly appears to cut the legs out of the argument I've been making. I don't fault her for taking money from PACs (because that's how it's done right now), but it considerably deflates the notion that she was making commentary on all PACs rather than specifically AIPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I won't buy into to the silliness that she's an anti-semite, but this certainly appears to cut the legs out of the argument I've been making. I don't fault her for taking money from PACs (because that's how it's done right now), but it considerably deflates the notion that she was making commentary on all PACs rather than specifically AIPAC.
    The AIPAC seems to be one of the most powerfull lobbies, so its fine to single them out. imo.

But yeah, she should find a way around needing PAC money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.