Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Are we getting Mok'Nathal as an allied race?

If you haven't seen it by now, this is the amazing new Rexxar NPC model. However, if you look closely at the animations and structure itself, it doesn't appear to be built from an existing model or animation set, and if it is, it's heavily modified.

Now knowing Blizzard like we do, they are not going to be putting that kind of work into an NPC - that may I remind you isn't even a faction leader - if they have no other plans.

To me it's quite obvious we'll be getting Mok'Nathal as an allied race. So 2 questions, 1) do you agree? and 2) what would an equivalent alliance allied race be in your eyes?

The answer to that second question for me would likely be Arakkoa.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's using the exact same rig as kul'tiras humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo it's very likely. Rexxar's new look is freaking awesome, I really hope this leads to Mok'nathal becoming playable.
    Another plus for me, I always wanted playable Ogres. And this is as close as it gets for now.

why do i keep hearing that alliance get arakkoa? is it just that they like that race or is it because there is actually some lore relevance?

anywho i wouldnt mind it but id prefer ogres. Also we never see rexxars actual head, i have no idea what his head actually looks like...

Deleted
    Rather have Ogres.
    Hope they evolve the rexxar model into Ogres, if you place Cho'gall next to Rexxar they look pretty mutch the same now other then the two heads.

Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-04-20 at 11:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    And? Vulpera use the goblin rig with an added tail and some new animations, Zandalari Troll males use the Night Elf male rig, and obviously the other races like Void Elves just use the same rigs as their equivalents. The Kul Tiran rigs are brand new, it's not absurd that they would use them for another race. Plus most people didn't even notice Rexxar was on that rig until people started pointing it out.
    ...How did you interpret that as me being against the idea of Mok'Nathal being an allied race? The OP said that they use a unique skeleton, I merely pointed out that they use the same as Kul'Tirans.

The next few sets of allied races I’d like to see,

Set 1
    Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Ogre

Set 2
    Alliance: Wildhammer Dwarfs
    Horde: Dragonmaw

Set 3
    Alliance: Broken
    Horde: Forest Trolls

I can’t see them adding them yet. We’ve seen a total of two Mok’Nathal characters in lore so far... unless I’m missing some. As far as what the OP said about never putting in the work to create a unique model that wasn’t going to be a character... have you ever played this game before? Rexxar is a major lore character. It’s about time he’s not the same low rez model from vanilla.

If they replace other Mok'Nathal npc models including female model then there will be a chance. But its blizzard and they probably will add 3 other blood elves reskin allied races instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Rather have Ogres.
    Hope they evolve the rexxar model into Ogres, if you place Cho'gall next to Rexxar they look pretty mutch the same now other then the two heads.

Blizz already said that if it have two legs and two arms, it got a shot to being a allies race. I'm pretty sure two heads don't count. Mok'Nathal is a better choice then Ogres.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

The KT/Rexar rigging will will definitely become an ogre rig at some point. It just matches up too well.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    why do i keep hearing that alliance get arakkoa? is it just that they like that race or is it because there is actually some lore relevance?

anywho i wouldnt mind it but id prefer ogres. Also we never see rexxars actual head, i have no idea what his head actually looks like...
    I think people are burned out on elf and human races and would prefer a beast race that's more unique than more tauren or another species of worgen

That's why Sethrak/Vulpera/Dragonkin/Arrakoa has been picking up speed

I also think people are gun-jumping about the Zandalari druid moonkin form being the Arrakoa skeleton, since that means it will be roughly updated to fit player animations
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-04-21 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post

There is no reason for Alliance to get Arakkoa they just keep spouting it for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    The next few sets of allied races I’d like to see,

Set 1
    Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Ogre

Set 2
    Alliance: Wildhammer Dwarfs
    Horde: Dragonmaw

Set 3
    Alliance: Broken
    Horde: Forest Trolls
    Set 2 sounds even, but i imagine they would trade high elves for darkfallen (undead elves) just because elves are super popular. as for broken i imagine withered being traded for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Blizz already said that if it have two legs and two arms, it got a shot to being a allies race. I'm pretty sure two heads don't count. Mok'Nathal is a better choice then Ogres.
    Most Ogres only have one head, so I don't see any problem here, both race are welcome in my opinion, but Ogre seem to have more class to choose from compare to Mok'Nathal, not to mention they are culturally more distinct.

Looks like they got a custom face too. Half of the features from orc, half from ogre. I don't see Blizzard doing all that for just 1 NPC considering they didn't do that much for any faction leader even.

Deleted
    I think Allied Races have to be either something really awesome, or long asked for that some people actually want to play.

So there will probably be no Arokka or Nagas or Sethark. Because there would only be a very, very small amount of players who would play them.

Ogers/Mognathal
    High Elves
    Wildhammer
    Undead Elves

Seem to be very likely to me, all of them highly requested races.

What I think is possible and personally hope for, are Dragons. Which use the Worgen combat form technique.

Deleted
    Meanwhile, the Alliance gets "Stromgarde" humans. They come with long and short arms.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    And? Vulpera use the goblin rig with an added tail and some new animations, Zandalari Troll males use the Night Elf male rig, and obviously the other races like Void Elves just use the same rigs as their equivalents. The Kul Tiran rigs are brand new, it's not absurd that they would use them for another race. Plus most people didn't even notice Rexxar was on that rig until people started pointing it out.
    Blizzard said on blizzcon that zandalari would be getting new, modified troll models. And the zandalari on alpha uses a troll model modified with posture and altered animations. Just stop spreading bad info.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, now that Mag'har orcs are an allied race, we shouldn't have Mok'Nathal.

Now I am the first person to always push for Mok'Nathal - I even made a fan made allied race concept thread about them - however it seems like Mag'har orcs fill that niche.

Both races have the wild, savage aspect to them as well as the racial aesthetics.