Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Question. You hate questing but play a very quest-centric game. Not trying to be sarcastic or trolly, but... why? Seems masochistic to play a game that you hate about 85% of.
    End Game and Dungeons. Always been about that, In Vanilla, BC, and Wrath the questing experience was much better and you could basically bounce around wherever you wanted and grab any random quests, then jump to the new zone to get more XP from quests to make the questing go faster. I guess I hate Modern questing. But I leveled all but 3 of my Toons through Dungeon Running back in CATA when it was great. Now since then It has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Sorry didn't mean to be rude, but I've always shortened it to mog as most have on my sever.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is not all about questing. It's mostly end game dungeon runs, and Raids, and PvP. No questing needed in any of that. And like it it not, that's pretty much all there is to do in the game, once max level.

I don't count the shitastic Island Expeditions or AFK-fronts, they suck balls and need to be "Nuked from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"
    I've never heard of that, but it's fime.

Sorry didn't mean to be rude, but I've always shortened it to mog as most have on my sever.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is not all about questing. It's mostly end game dungeon runs, and Raids, and PvP. No questing needed in any of that. And like it it not, that's pretty much all there is to do in the game, once max level.

I don't count the shitastic Island Expeditions or AFK-fronts, they suck balls and need to be "Nuked from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"
    Yup basically, hell in Vanilla I PVP'd more leveling than I did anything else. I remember playing my Hunter and later Rogue in PVP for like months and never got obove lvl 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Female Nelf Arms Warrior is probably one of the best looking warriors in the game if you have a decent transmog.
    And by decent transmog you mean concealing most of the nelf model I assume, like covering every inch of her body in armor?

The problem with Nightborne is that the NPCs look so much cooler and distinct. We played alongside them a large portion of the expansion. So when they became playable, one would assume we would get the Nightborne we were familiar with. Instead we got some half-assed Night Elf tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The problem with Nightborne is that the NPCs look so much cooler and distinct. We played alongside them a large portion of the expansion. So when they became playable, one would assume we would get the Nightborne we were familiar with. Instead we got some half-assed Night Elf tweak.
    Thanks, that's exactly my point. The NPC Nightborne, look super cool, sort of alien and mystical body type, long slender design. Then we get to actually play them, and it's 'Plays Atari music', pew, pew, pew, cheap knockoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    And by decent transmog you mean concealing most of the nelf model I assume, like covering every inch of her body in armor?
    Yes, the female Night Elf covered head to toe in full plate transmog like Warrior T13, or Death Knight T19 from EN and NH. They look absolute amazing. Tough Amazonian body type, bad ass, and sort of Japanamation in style.

Where the female Nightborne look like crack whores, and wimpy, and rushed and cheap.

Where the female Nightborne look like crack whores, and wimpy, and rushed and cheap.
    That's exactly the way nelfs look in skimpy armor. The only way they are bearable is transmog burka style cover up

5+ Year Old Account
    I basically agree with OP. NB are quite a letdown, especially the males, who are outright ugly. Females are somewhat better, but not by much.

Btw I didn't know anything of the modelviewer from wowhead. I've been avoiding that place like the plague since every time I tried to visit it, my browser wouldn't stop yelling at me about malware and suspicious scripts. NoScript ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    There were quests in legion that turned us into Nightborne... and even one whole dungeon. You'd think you would have gotten a taste for it prior to shelling out cash.
    As a playable race, they're absolutely taller and their animations / gait make me think that my toon is in a back brace. Works well enough as a caster class, but eh.... fairly forgettable.

I'm a huge mog whore, and really into the way my character looks. Let me start off saying, I have been playing the male Blood Elf race almost exclusively all my WoW time that past 13 years. I love the way plate armor looks on the male Blood Elf. But last year, I wanted to try a different model, and after testing out quite a few males and females of different races, I settled on the female Night Elf. I was worried about it too, me being a guy, playing a woman character felt a little strange. I am not into slut mogs whatsoever, I just wanted a bad ass cool looking character.

And the female Night Elf Warrior, with full LFR T13 yellow plate mog from Dragon Soul, mixed in with a few pieces of Nighthold Normal Warrior armor, looks AMAZING, and super cool. The female Night Elf almost has a sort of Japanamation artistic cool design to them, and with full plate mogs just looks great, to me. Very unique, but still tough.

I tried the male Night Elf too, but he looks ridiculous, with an almost ape / gorilla design, HUGE shoulders, tiny waist, and bloated forearms, and fat ankles. Just an ugly design, almost as bad as the fat bloated out of shape looking human males, easily the ugliest character design in the game.

But I am not a huge Alliance fan, always preferred the Horde more, and my fav Guild is Horde. So I thought I'll I create a female Night Elf for the Horde, the Nightborne race.

Anyways, so been loving my female Night Elf Warrior, she is super cool. But I never got around to unlocking the Nightborne, as I didn't finish the Suramar questline during Legion. So I just spent the past one week + busting my balls on that flipping long questline, I was only Honored and 2/11 Chapters. So I had to get Exalted with Nightfallen, and then complete all 11 chapters. It was painful, and took forever. But i finally did it, and got flying in legion, and the Saber mounts, and Nightborne Allied race unlock.

I immediately Faction transferred my Night Elf Warrior, to a female Nightborne. And DAMN, I hate her, the design is not what I thought. I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.

I even tried a male Nightborne, and they are much better looking than the gorilla shaped male Night Elf, but still the male Nightborne, looked like he skipped leg days, and has pencil skinny legs, and super thin waist, but still extra large shoulders, and he jumps and lands like a freaking monkey. So nope on that.

Now I might go back to the female Night Elf.

Thoughts opinions?
    I always dress my character in the WoWhead dressing room. You can see any armor on any race and sex.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Probably should try a class trial to see if you like the race before you pay for any more changes.
    100% Agreed. Always try before you buy!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I think if you're paying for all of these services, Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank.

EDIT: More seriously, the Nighborne really don't look that good IMO. They should have worked harder to get them to look like the NPCs.
    They worked harder to make them not look like that is really the truth here :P The modell was already made ffs

The NPC model was too popular and they didn't want every Alliance player being pissed while doing Suramar content and thinking "I can't play as them ffs"

That being said, female Nightborne Warrior looks decent(hey it's my alt)
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-02-16 at 02:19 AM.

Yeah you are right. I'm more pissed going through the entire Suramar questline and getting Nightfallen exalted. At that time you can't even trial a Nightborne yet, so didn't truly know what they'd look like as my own character.

I wish they would at least allow trial characters to be allowed on every race, and then if you want to go with it, but don't meet the requirements then you do the quests or whatnot needed.

Oh well, I just wasted a lot of WoW time, and lost some cash.

I thought the Nightborne would be the Night Elf's, but for Horde. The Void Elf's I have unlocked, are pretty much carbon copies of the Blood Elf's, the male Blood Elf, and male Void Elf, look darn near identical to me, like 99% the same. But the female Night Elf vs the female Nightborne are vastly very different.
    Wowhead lets you preview every race/class/armor combination you can think of, just in case you want to try this again in the future.
    /Catchphrase!

Thanks for the blog post.

As someone who's always hated Night Elves and their broiler appearance, I adore the Nightborne.
    You can check what a race looks like through class trials, external websites (WoWhead for example) and even the official website, if you one day want to change and ain't sure what you're paying for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yup, they are all just reskins or color changes. This is why I refused to sink the huge time into doing shitty rep grinds to get races I already have. I never got further than Honored with Surumar, Hate quests as a whole and despise quests I have to do over and over again. So basically I will never have an allied race unlocked.
    Nightborne are the only among the Allied races to have vastly different models from their original counterpart, outside of Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

Allied races = concept of Subraces = people wanted their old races with more options, yet we're getting both "reskins" AND the new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? I thought nightfallen have exactly the night elf model and never spot any differences.