Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If they should have fired anyone, it should be Ion Hazzikostas. Not Ythisens. I am further disgusted by Activision yet again. Blizzard needs to be back on its own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    ... welp. ;_:

10+ Year Old Account
    That fucking Kotick comment blows me away. He’s rubbing his slimy mitts together saying that while they made more money than ever before in 2018, it wasn’t good enough so time to fire the employees.

That guy really steps right into it time and time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dblanch369 View Post
    If they should have fired anyone, it should be Ion Hazzikostas. Not Ythisens. I am further disgusted by Activision yet again. Blizzard needs to be back on its own.
    You mean "back on its own" when they released Rock 'n Roll Racing? They haven't been "on their own" since sometime in the 1990s.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    That fucking Kotick comment blows me away. He’s rubbing his slimy mitts together saying that while they made more money than ever before in 2018, it wasn’t good enough so time to fire the employees.

That guy really steps right into it time and time again.
    Kotick's only goal in life is to make all of the money in the world. "More money than ever" is not enough for him. He wants all of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a picture of Bobby Kotick, a picture of an Infinity Gauntlet, and a legit copy of Photoshop.

STAT!!!!

Blizzard developers were lazy and they wanted to promote their games a lot without developing new games or bringing meaningful new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huatar View Post
    Kotick's only goal in life is to make all of the money in the world. "More money than ever" is not enough for him. He wants all of it.
    Impeach the MF.

At least the guys let go don't need to learn to code

People still play Candy Crush?

Quote Originally Posted by dblanch369 View Post
    So you mean like in the Super Nintendo days? I doubt you were even alive back when Blizzard was on its own.

When i read they have many mobile games in the making... that cant be good...

man...reading those blizzard titles together with candy crush... I feel like puking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You mean "back on its own" when they released Rock 'n Roll Racing? They haven't been "on their own" since sometime in the 1990s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So you mean like in the Super Nintendo days? I doubt you were even alive back when Blizzard was on its own.
    You know he meant pre Activision. When they were under Vivendi things were different. There’s been many many employees who stated how Vivendi never pressured them on anything. Activision however remains a force hovering above. Especially after 2013 when Vivendi sold their majority shares to Activision and no longer had the power.

It doesn’t even matter though now. The Blizzard of today isn’t the Blizzard of old any longer. A split from Activision wouldn’t matter now.

I do wonder how things would look today if some of Vivendi had managed to get Kotick fired like they wanted to in 2013. Basically Kotick threatened to quit if he wasn’t backed by Activision to buy the majority stocks from Vivendi. At least according to an old polygon article I recently read.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Billions of $ in profits and lay people off... I know plenty about capitalism fella...
    No you dont if you make statements like that. Business = trying to maximize profit. It's not a freaking charity! I feel sorry for the people involved but all stupid comments like "oh they earn enough" or "ceo can share his money", dont know shit how businesses work. I wont even try to explain to you people that only wanna go communism on the world, it simply does not work that way and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    Except they literally listed Warcraft in their list of games gaining additional support.
    Warcraft doesn't necessarily means World of Warcraft.

If what he is saying is true,well,actually, I applaud to this man. Applaud,because he managed to sell a total shit with a profit.
    Now I realize,that making the Hearthstone available on mobile was the first step, then the mission table application, now Diablo. Soon,he will announce,that WoW can be played on phone. So,that's where the most of the resources are going - not the story,not the gameplay,but making crappy quality game add-ons available on the phone.

I dearly hope Blizz is getting destroyed before this year is over.

And people still want to work there... Well if you tell me you work for Activison/Blizzard I will spit on you IRL.

Blizzard is trying to move to a yearly schedule of releasing games, making more money than ever before in 2018 was not enough for them, they layoff 800 people to save money so they can pay their CFOs 15 million dollar bonuses

making more money than ever is not enough, they need more
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-02-13 at 08:34 AM.