Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "You think you want to keep your jobs, but you don't." - J. Allen Brack

15+ Year Old Account
    Brack can take that "development pipeline" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

7+ Year Old Account
    To assist with the transition, we are offering each impacted employee a severance package that includes additional pay, benefits continuation, and career and recruiting support to help them find their next opportunity. These people are members of the Blizzard family—they’ve cared deeply and contributed greatly to our work here and we are extremely grateful for all they’ve done.
    Unless they were a recent addition to the team right, like Alex Ackerman - https://twitter.com/alex_frostwolf/s...69859754758145

Because of my newness to the team, I was also not offered much to land on and need to find a new job ASAP.

This isn't just a Acti-Blizzard thing, many companies are trimming the fat. My advice, #LearnToCode. Seriously. It will soon be the most in demand skill. If you want to learn AI/ML, do that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    when he says "Maintaining those standards" is he high on crack cocaine or PCP? Which one makes you hallucinate?

All that translated to " We dont have anything planned for 2019. 2020 aint looking much better. dont count on Diablo 4 anytime soon. But hey Overwatch is doing good...what the fuck is Apex legends? Any way please continue to spend money on in game purchases ."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What does this even mean? They didn't lay off PLUMBERS.
    It is a metaphor. You don't need 10 people to do one job even if your company is profitable. Restructuring shouldn't be ignored just because times are good.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    You must work there, with your insider knowledge
    No. But I've worked for many companies that are bloated from top to bottom. And should have made cuts prior to being forced to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    You are talking out of your ass. You don't even have any idea who the fuck they fired.
    Seriously. Are you on drugs? I am not saying they fired actual plumbers. They clearly laid off people they think they do not need. They clearly have restructured their company as a whole. You don't need to know the specific names and duties of each person fired in order to know what restructuring is and why it is needed even for profitable companies.

You came in making a dumb comment and keep making them.

You are talking out of your ass. You don't even have any idea who the fuck they fired.
    We already know a lot of it was support staff like CMs, and that they didn't cut from development staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    So cut that 15 million dollar CFO sign on bonus. But no of course that is completely necessary.
    It certainly is an option. But like I said restructuring needs to happen even if you make a profit. I would use the great plumber example again but you clearly don't understand it. They also need to attract a good CFO and executives if they hope to keep running the company. Cutting pay and other things can often lead to a disaster for a company even if it seems greedy not to.

Not everyone understands a business. It isn't as cut and dry.

No wonder that the big names which created blizzard have all abandoned it by now.
    The blizzard we all know and love since 1994 is DEAD...

Now its some disgusting greedy parasite that is just wearing the shell of dead blizzard.
    If blizzard does not pull itself together in 2019/2020 it will not look good for its long term survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Overwatch league is a priority."
    Fucking lol.

By firing the only community manager we had. And for the love of God don’t mention Lore. That idiot hasn’t spoken to players in ages.

J Allen Brack takes over, first real news / impact on the community to follow is this.
    Very bad PR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    No wonder that the big names which created blizzard have all abandoned it by now.
    The blizzard we all know and love since 1994 is DEAD...Now its some disgusting greedy parasite that is just wearing the shell of dead blizzard.
    If blizzard does not pull itself together in 2019/2020 it will not look good for its long term survival.
    Why do you think that Blizzard has never laid people off before?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a great example. You are comparing apples and oranges. A plumbers job and the goal they are achieving is far different from a CM's job or goal.
    It isn't about the specific job. Like I said you don't understand what I said or metaphors in general. You don't need 10 CM's to do the job of 1 CM.

- - - Updated - - -

I realize that, but your analogy was dogshit which is why I asked what the fuck you were even talking about. You don't need 10 plumbers to fix 1 toilet, but you can need 10 CMs to fix a toxic or broken community. Your analogy doesn't fit the situation, so it's useless and asinine.
    Which is why if as a company you find you have 10 plumbers to fix 1 toilet you let some of the plumbers go. Just as if you find you have to many CM's for what you need, or think you need, you let some go. Consider the level of toxicity you are showing towards Blizzard with out understanding basic concepts of business it is clear that no amount of CM's will fix the toxic nature of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm sure it was difficult for him to fire 800 people and rake in that $$$, what a champ. Get fucked Brack.
    Like it was his idea. These orders came down from Kotick, and he gave the same directive to Activision Publishing and King.

Again, the one time something is CLEARLY the fault of ATVI and Kotick, you're all blaming Blizzard. Make up your damned minds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Committed to shit, and the Chinese market for easy money.

Notice its posted in NA, but not in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    "Overwatch league is a priority."
    Fucking lol.
    What the fuck are they going to do with OW now that Apex is out and kicking ass? Brrack is talking out of his ass. Blizzard has nothing. I hjave a feeling these firings wont be the last this year.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Committed to shit, and the Chinese market for easy money. Notice its posted in NA, but not in China.
    Because Blizzard is a NA based company? And they haven't announced or done all of the regional cuts yet as indicated in the message from Brack