Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Inside the Art of WoW Live Stream

Inside the Art of WoW Live Stream
    Senior 3D Animator Ian Lang and 3D Artist Kenny McBride are sitting down to discuss the wizardry behind World of Warcraft’s art development and animation.

• THIS TOPIC WILL UPDATE AS THE PANEL PROGRESSES

How to play it safe. Lets talk about art. Because any other wow subject about the current abysmal state of the game is just too hot to handle.

Damn...

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    How to play it safe. Lets talk about art. Because any other wow subject about the current abysmal state of the game is just too hot to handle.

Damn...
    How to be edgy in 2019? Complain about world of warcraft.

7+ Year Old Account

Damn...
    Well they haven't talked much about the Art and from what I've seen here arounds, that's the only thing people seem to really like - and it's always worth talking about something positive once in a while.

I'm still unhappy with how awful the new Nightborne models look compared to the NPC versions, but overall I do agree that the art is still up there.

Damn...
    I like hearing about the art side more than the Dev side. I also don't have an active sub and won't until the Blizzard Access service comes out providing access to all their games including wow for like 20$ a month, which will happen or they will be crushed by Game Pass and EA Access which provide far more bang for your buck and Bobby is all about games as a service. WoW holds very little value anymore on it's own at 15$ a month and they know it.

Finally we get a date. That's all I really wanted

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite liked this stream. I just wish they could've taken some questions though, but still.

I like how they admit on the stream that it's a recording. I wonder if the Ion Q&As are as well.

March 12th, just in time for that 6 month subscription deal to expire.

Oh, and if you want to actually keep your progress and not start the entire expansion over, it'll be another $25 for that race change.

Weird, almost like this was entirely planned to milk as much money as possible from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be a Kul-tiran with an anchor for a leg

How many more months is it going to take Blizzard to notice there's something wrong with Explosive Potential and demo lock dps?
    I guess those layoffs are really showing.

The highlight of that stream is people demanding the art team to fix and balance the PVP and the azerite systems.

Cause the same dude whose been looking at scaley ass meshes for the past 6 months totally wears the numbers hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I actually quite liked this stream. I just wish they could've taken some questions though, but still.
    The problem is people asking anything was either about Vulpera (which, ultimately, is fine for an art team) or anything that is tied to the fundamental mechanisms in the game that's hot garbage.

I would have loved to asked how the Vulpera and the PC creation system affected how they look at future non-playable race design going forward.
    Last edited by Paraka; 2019-02-28 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So 13th for EU then?

My sub expires on the 4th, guess I'll take a bit of a break since I'm just about out of content right now.

So what about those class accessories from WoD era and expanding the idea beyond artifact skins?

Congratulations! Over 6 months using Zandalari as a bait, that's an achievement right there.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Damn...
    They have already had Q&A’s for the story and state of the game, what are you on about?

Finally a date, something to look forward in march

Someone tell them that slapping an anchor on every single item on Kul Tiras to make sure everyone knows they're seafarers is a good way to make your art team look like a group of clowns. Guess it's part of their "practical aesthetic".

No one is allowed to be happy, everything is still crap. This is not the place for positive comments or constructive criticism. This is the place for bitter anger and bemoaning the state of the game. Everything was better in Vanilla and only in Vanilla, including the graphics and art.

I appreciate WoW artists, they do great job and never dissapoint.

With that said, this interview was useless...