10-120 pvp leveling?

hey all pretty bored with wow at the moment and have most of my current characters where I want them and was thinking about trying to level 10-120 through just bgs/Skirms, couple of questions:

1) will heirlooms with proper enchants and throwing enchants in random gear from bgs be at all competitive in the lower brackets or will I just get one shot all day?
    2) are the xp gains doable or completely trash?
    3) horde or alliance (que times?)
    4) what class would you recommend

I wouldn't recommend this. In no way is this going to cure your boredom.

Just play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiGunKenobi View Post
    hey all pretty bored with wow at the moment and have most of my current characters where I want them and was thinking about trying to level 10-120 through just bgs/Skirms, couple of questions:

1) will heirlooms with proper enchants and throwing enchants in random gear from bgs be at all competitive in the lower brackets or will I just get one shot all day?
    1) You will be stronger than the average leveler. Any twink ( and there are plenty in the brackets up to like the 80s) will walk all over your heirlooms and you in them. This is assuming equal skill, of course.
    2) You will want to have both Defending and Returning Champion trinkets to level at a decent rate.
    3) Depends on your server I would guess - can't help here
    4) A well-played healer will be most game changing, imo. Ideally you'll use a healer that can also burst dmg when needed. This means MW monk with Crane pvp talent, or Resto druid with Feral Affinity and Master Shapeshifter pvp talent. Of course, don't dismiss the durability of a disc priest, or the utility a shaman/paladin bring. In the end though, play the class you enjoy most or you'll just burn out.

GL.

at least for me the queue times on both, horde and alliance, were atrocious. upwards of more than 60 min queue, sometimes i was in the queue for hours with it never popping.

played on EU.

Experience was from leveling a horde disc priest 0-110 last October and November, along with a couple alts into the 20s. In every bracket I did some questing and some BG's. Recently been putzing again with lvl 10-20 alts on trial, queue times both sides around 6-9 minutes NA servers, not bad.

1) Once you into 30+ bracket, and have heirlooms and/or all slots max level blues/greens, you will be competitive and not get one or even two-shot. Fewer and fewer twinks per game, but you could still see a couple pal twinks queuing together and making an impact. Lower brackets have plenty of twinks and semi-twinks, depends on ratio and if premades are on discord as to if one side or the other gets rolled up quickly- or camped.
    2) XP gains are huge up until 40-60 ends, especially for wins. Winning crates will give you a nice green item. After 60, Xp gains start tailing off.
    3) Queue times in ALL brackets a few months ago, were not bad unless not on in prime time- I would say 6-12 minutes typical. Dunno if drop off in playerbase since BfA has changed those.
    4) See the other responses, good answers.

Adding to what has been said:

• Twinks steamroll everything. If you encounter someone that really took the time to roid their twink out, you won't stand a chance. Fortunately, you'll see fewer of these the higher your level. Well enchanted heirlooms will render you competitive against other players.
    • XP gains are fantastic if you win. PRO TIP: There are some PVP heirloom trinkets you can obtain from the Gurubashi Arena and the Darkmoon Faire. These will boost your xp gain from BGs by 100% combined! It takes a little time to get them, though.
    • Hunters (especially MM!) is quite stupid, in the best of ways. This is partially due to Incendiary Ammo, a BfA gun enchant, taking off half of someones HP when it procs. The scaling is busted. It's also powerful at higher levels but low level is really where it shines. Fury warriors are also a good bet and so are ret paladins. Aside from every healer, of course.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2019-02-20 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled from 100 to 120 through arena skirmishes. It was a pretty fun experience. Que times were up to 3 minutes (never longer), meanwhile I was questing.